So really the movie wanted you to question technology, how much you use it, and your relationship with technology. The directors of this movie had a hard time really deciding if they are for technology or against technology, so they made two characters, Dr. Will Caster and Max Waters. Dr. Will Caster really believe that technology can really help make the world a better place. He said “For 130,000 years, our capacity to reason has remained unchanged. The combined intellect of the neuroscientists, mathematicians, and hackers... in this auditorium pales in comparison to the most basic A.I. Once online, a sentient machine will quickly overcome the limits of biology. And in a short time, its analytic power will become greater than the collective intelligence of every person born in the history of the world. So imagine such an entity with a full range of human emotion, even self-awareness.” The machine he is talking about in that statement is called PINN.
Max Waters did not feel like it was a good idea to have that much technology. He feels that humans are made humans because of their ability to have self- awareness...
... middle of paper ...
...hing. So yes, there are going to be people who are perfectly fine with the amount of technology that we have. While others just want bigger and better things. So the problem in the movie is Will believe there should be more technology, while Max is trying to figure out if more technology is a good thing. So their point was to prove that we love technology so much that we’re blind to what really could happen. We just want more but when we get more, we wouldn’t know what to do. So they showed how it’s no way possible to have a computer with self- awareness that is beneficial to people. It also showed the struggle of not having any technology. A lot of people just carry their debt cards so when Max caused a black-out, many people didn’t have cash so they couldn’t afford anything they were all broke. It was almost like the world we lived in wasn’t the same world anymore.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since I was young, I have been fascinated with computers and numbers. I still remember when my dad first introduced me to his work computer, which piqued my curiosity and desire to understand the world through technology. Computer systems have changed the world tremendously over the past decades, and we are blessed to have an enormous amount of information available at our fingertips these days. However, this sheer volume of data can be problematic because of its complexity and requires a deep understanding of statistics and technology to uncover meaningful trends and patterns.... [tags: Data analysis, Business intelligence, Computer]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- When my mother saw beggars standing on the intersection asking for help, my mom would try to help them by giving them the money, but my father would argue that you should not help because this would only encourage them to rely on other people’s help. My father says they should helped by the government, instate of helped by individuals. It is not our responsibility to take care of them. I disagree with both of them because they do not look at or think about the problem closely enough. I think people are not only facing problems with wealth, but diseases, and war.... [tags: wealth, diseases, war, help, world]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Better Learning Through Modern Technology In his article, “Does the Internet Make You Dumber?” Nicholas Carr criticizes the Internet and its role in turning the world into shallow zombies incapable of concentrating on one simple task, much less incapable of multitasking. I respectfully disagree with Mr. Carr. When used strictly for entertainment purposes yes, it can be. When used to teach and learn, it is a very useful tool. The Internet can open up the world to those that may never have a chance to see most of it.... [tags: Education, World Wide Web, Technology]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- Technology Living with technology for about a decade, many question whether its improvements has affected society for better or worse. As technology improves over the years we are able to socialize more efficiently, improve medicine techniques, improve the quality of education, and simplify our private life including security. As a result of this change in the improvement technology it has significantly altered our status in society in a positive way due to society being more intertwined with technology we have the opportunity to improve our society now and the years to come.... [tags: Better, Improve, Education, Technology]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Computers are a magnificent feat of technology. They have grown from simple calculators to machines with many functions and abilities. Computers have become so common that almost every home has at least one computer, and schools find them a good source for information and education for their students (Hafner, Katie, unknown). Computers have created new careers and eliminated others and have left a huge impact on our society. The invention of the computer has greatly affected the arts, the business world, and society and history in many different areas, but to understand how great these changes are, it is necessary to take a look at the origins of the computer.... [tags: Technology ]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- As we live in the information age, our present society places technology on a high pedestal. This pedestal contains all of the hi-tech, yet sophisticated gadgets, gizmos, and all of the other novel items that are inundating our households. Items such as computers and cell phones enable us to communicate via e-mail, text message, and video (Stodden, Roberts, Picklesimer, Jackson & Chang, 2006). Innovative items may be taken for granted but if we understand their significance and how they help us live in a technology driven and dependent world then we are better able to appreciate their value (Lahm, et al., 1996).... [tags: Information Technology ]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Technology is defined as “the application of knowledge to extend human capabilities by equipment or a technique for performing a particular activity”. Technology has become very important part of our lives. I believe that technology in our lives is leading us to Eden. An Eden is a place of complete bliss and delight. Marshall McLuhan's statement that “Invention is the mother of necessities” is very true. This is because if it were not for technology our work would not be as efficient or productive.... [tags: Technology]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Introduction Technology has brought about many changes in today’s society. We interact, exchange information, and socialize in whole new ways that were not even possible twenty years ago. These changes apply to all areas of life, and can even be incorporated into the classroom to bring about positive results in students. The use of technology in the classroom for cooperative learning, personalized learning, and group learning have the potential for great impact on the way learners learn and teachers teach.... [tags: Technology ]
2233 words (6.4 pages)
- Better Technology Means Better Education In recent years computers have opened many new opportunities for students and teachers. Technology has advanced past books and black boards. There are more and more computers going into schools everyday. With the world changing into a computer world teaching how do to use technology is necessary. With the new tools that teachers use learning for students is not only more interesting but, more fun. The Internet has helped education leaps and bounds. With the Internet we are able to take classes online from hundreds of miles away while still feeling like you are in the classroom.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Technology transfer could be so complicated at times to explore due to all the tasks require to be able to give a full analysis of what is involve and the process that one has to go through. Although many people have tried tracing the source of precise technology and how it affected the originating culture and the role it has on history. However, there are some common fundamentals that could be helpful in analyzing all the activities that are involved. Some of the clue that has been of help so far identifying technology transfer is what is being transferred, where technology is transferred from, those receiving transferred, and lastly how the technology is delivered to the receiver.... [tags: Technology]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- The Slavery Of African Slaves
- The Greatest Risk Factor For Alzheimer 's Disease
- The Valuation Of Ecosystem Services Within Nigeria
- Should Prison Be Prison For Life?
- Analysis Of Steve Inskeep 's Jacksonland And Andres Resendez 's A Land So Strange
- George Orwell 's Butterfly, A Doll House, And A Streetcar Named Desire