Because of the competitive nature of the corporate world having the technological advantage can mean the difference between success and failure. I will outline the benefits and drawbacks of technology and corporate and how various aspects of technological advancement can benefit the management.
Technology has advanced at a rapid rate and is evolving each day. This means that competitive advantage will be determined by how advanced an organisations hardware and software is . This outlines the significance of investing in better equipped more knowledgeable IT departments and Computer courses for staff of both managerial and new recruit level. Keeping up to date is vital and thus the manager with the most knowledge of hardware and software will be more likely to succeed. Statistically only 30% of small businesses use cloud technology ( digital sorting) and 10% are not familiar with it. This shows that the inability to keep up with new developments can affect not only how a business is seen but how it performs .
However one of the biggest impacts on how corporations are is improved communication. Thanks to social networking sites and media outlets, communication has become faster and easier than before  . Individuals no longer need to meet face to face to discuss business strategies, have meetings and recruit employees. Many companies now conduct what is known as a “webcam Interview” during which both he candidate ...
... middle of paper ...
...elf  .As mentioned before a sustainable business requires and extended timeline for investment to pay off, however once initial investments are made they can result in long term profitability.
While there are many aspects such as social trends, economy, laws, technology and the environment that affect the way that organisations, managers and leaders operate, I have managed to outline the 2 main aspects that have already become driving forces that determine how many organisations in the world are run. While there are downsides to both Sustainability management and utilisation of technology within the corporate world, both make a significant contribution to another. In order for leaders and organisations to success in 2020 they will have to utilise both technology and sustainability as a means of promoting and developing their company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Role of Technology in Management Leadership Over the last sixty years of business activity, there has been new ways and means of conducting business through something we call technology. Technology is the advancement and use of electronic devices and other high-tech equipment to produce and progress knowledge into the future. Advancements in technology have affected management leadership in many ways over the last sixty years. New technology has altered leaders’ consciousness, language, and the way they view their organization.... [tags: Business Management Technological Essays]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- How Innovation and Creativity can benefit an organisation, its customers, and stakeholders. The present age of globalisation, deregulation, and acquisitions has led to increased competition and rapid technological advancement. Today’s organisations are increasingly looking toward Creativity and Innovation as a business strategy to enable them to compete and survive. The past widespread use of management initiatives such as, ‘low cost outsourcing’ ‘downsizing ‘business re-engineering’ and over the counter IT enterprise packages ERP, SAP , ‘Six Sigma’/’Kanban’ lean manufacturing have all played their part providing a competitive edge of lower costs and reduced expenses by streamlining internal... [tags: Business Management]
1733 words (5 pages)
- Human Resource Management Explained Joshua S. Borne Barry University Human Resource Management Explained Today’s business environment is ever changing. What took years to develop and distribute is now done in just days. With this ever evolving environment, business culture has to adapt to change and with it Human Resource Management (HRM) needs to change as the business environment changes. It needs to do this as an issue of reacting to changes in that environment and if foreseeing such changes and settling on proactive choices about the way of HRM.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
3425 words (9.8 pages)
- Our rapidly changing technological society has dramatically transformed the workplace, as regulations, procedures, rules, and policies strictly control organizations today. Managers and supervisors are a fundamental part of the human resource team that oversees and guarantee human resource policies and decisions are being adhered to on a day-to-day basis, to not only safeguard the company, but also ensure the employee’s rights. In addition, Human Resource Management attends to employees “labor relations, health and safety, and fairness concerns” (Dessler, 2015, p.... [tags: Employment]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- Business environment is a set of different factors, including political, economic, social and technological factors, which significantly affect the business operations of the company in either positive or a negative manner. these factors are, in fact, classed as internal and external factors which simultanously affect on the nature of business, and the company has the ability to control the behavior of business organizations in order to work better and give excellent results. Internal environment The internal environment of the organization is an essential issue, which is mainly related to some influential factors, such as political organization procedures and skills and experience of the s... [tags: Toyota Prius, Toyota, Hybrid electric vehicle]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- A – Plan of the Investigation This investigation is to evaluate to what extent did technological advancements of the time affect the Northern victory of the American Civil war. To assess how modern technology of the era affected its events, the investigation focuses on the inventions and advancements of the time period of the American Civil war and how they influenced or changed the course of the conflict Union in the North and its defeat of the Southern Confederacy. These developments and the impact that each technology had can be evaluated by their contributions to daily life, contributions on the battlefield, and how each compared to the technology that was previously available.... [tags: Technological Advancements, American Civil War]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction To effectively subsist in the contemporary world , Companies have embraced the total rewards system and made it part of human resource management practice with small and big organizations employing it to enhance their competitiveness in the local and global markets. First introduced in 2000, the total reward theory shows the vibrant relationships that employers have with their employees. However, "WorldatWork - Total Rewards ModelTotal Rewards Model SVG Graphic",( 2016) states that ; this concept has developed to describe means through which employers and employees benefit from each other as well as how external and global business environment influence the productivit... [tags: The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- “Until the development of the MP3, the majors welcomed technological innovations as opportunities to resell the same music over and over again with higher profits” (qtd. in Hracs 445). As the years have passed, technological advances significantly affected the production of music. The lack of industrial control, the fluctuation of labor, along with the uncertainty in the surrounding fields of labor, and the process of individuality and business management among independent musicians are results of this technological takeover.... [tags: Music industry, Record label, Record producer]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- How did technology affect us. Did it affect us in a positive or a negative way. Technology has both positive and negative effects, it’s plainly about how people choose to use it. Throughout these years, technology has been a great advancement for our country and it helped us develop in many ways that we can’t even count. Technology has its advantages as well as its disadvantages, some of the advantages are that it makes connecting to people much easier, simpler and in addition, it makes our everyday life simpler in ways people 50 years ago never imagined it would.... [tags: simplier, weaspons, cultural, interactions]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- American Technological Advancements and the Cold War Many of the military technological advancements that have been made in the last 60 years can be attributed to the Cold War. Much of the technology developed during the period of the Cold War is still in use today by the military and government. Advancements in offensive technology are well known to just about everyone in the way of nuclear energy harnessed in the form of the nuclear bomb, but little is known about the battle for information during the Cold War.... [tags: Military Technological Advancements Cold War]
2593 words (7.4 pages)
- A Tale Of Two Cities By Charles Dickens
- William Shakespeare 's Romeo And Juliet
- Student Activities Drug Testing Policy Adopted By The Tecumseh, Oklahoma
- Web Security And Web Privacy Attacks
- The Impact Of Genghis Khan And His Horde Of Mongol Followers ' Conquests
- The Different Theories Of Intelligence