Sneakers are a kind of shoes which sole are flexible rubber, and the upper part is made of leather. These types of shoes were designed for outdoor activities mainly as sportswear, but over the recent years have seen changes and modifications and are worn modernly for functions that are not formal. They were worn during sporting activities such as tennis, basketball, baseball, athletics and other physical sports.
In England, these kinds of shoes are known as “trainers.” The names vary in different English-speaking countries in Africa, Australia, and Asia. In the old British English, they were referred as “plimsols” (Jones, 2006). This is because of their resemblance to the waterline of a ship. The waterline is used to mark up to what amount of cargo the ship can carry. In Welsh English, they are known as “daps” while in America this word refers to a form of greeting involving fist bumping, which was started by black Americans who were in the Navy as a greeting for the black movement. The word “sneakers” is mostly used in Florida and North Eastern parts of the United States of America while other places prefer using their slang to describe this shoe.
People obsessed with sneakers, and in most cases have different brands of this kind of shoe are referred to as Sneakerheads. The various brands of sneakers are called a collection. They may range from modern sneakers to old school sneakers.
In Britain, this shoe dates back to early 1870’s, when they got the name plimsols (Jones, 2006). Before 1870’s, there was no difference between the right leg plimsol and the left one, since they both looked same. However, this changed after 1870 where each shoe matched its foot, which made the shoe be referred to as sneakers...
... middle of paper ...
Shoes are the first things that people are drawn to in an outfit. They are not only things used just to walk on, but they say much about us. They show fashionable we are but beyond style, they communicate much more; our sexual desires, aesthetic sense, social status, and personality. (Riello, G, & McNeil, P.2006)
Sneakers can be a very promising investment. As per the research, the most promising brand is Nike due to the availability of a range of designs from the limited editions to the regular ones. Nike has spent thirty years rebranding itself and over the years, they have satisfied their customers. They have designed shoes that have a slight advantage over other shoes for various ages (Gould, N, 1985). The presence of online seller protection software has also increased the safety of this industry. Let this be a hobby, let this be a great investment. .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How are you going to spend your free time. Are you going to spend it at home watching T.V. with your friends or are you going to spend it out in the country climbing mountains, rafting whitewater, or carving down the side of a mountain. These are just a few of the things that you can spend your time doing as an alternative to being a lazy sack and staying inside and playing video games. There are many ways people have fun outdoors. Living in Eastern Idaho there are literally hundreds of places to go and things to do that people don’t take advantage of.... [tags: Outdoor Activities, Healthy Living]
2356 words (6.7 pages)
- Activity Experience Please list the number of years you have spent participating in each of the following activities, along with any relevant certifications, experiences, accomplishments, thoughts on each particular industry, etc. List any other activities (relevant to our business) that you have experience in. You may have a lot to say about some activities—please limit yourself to 200 words per activity. If you don’t have any experience in one, just say so; we don’t expect everyone to do everything.... [tags: Skiing, Backpacking]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- The Kallang River is the longest river in Singapore and it flows via the Marina Channel into the Marina Barrage a dam (Cornelius, V., 2008). According to the researchers from the (National Parks Board, 2009), the Kallang riverside park located on the side of this river which holds many recreations and sports activities such as fitness equipment and jogging and cycling tracks marked with distance markers. This cycling tracks leads down towards the Esplanade Park which is one of the oldest parks in Singapore.... [tags: cycling, kallang park, cycling tracks]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- Enjoyable pastimes come in two forms, indoor and outdoor. Both indoor and outdoor have nearly endless possibilities of things to do. A survey on how much people play outside now versus how much people did 30 years ago found that 50 percent of the adults asked had played outside at least seven times a week while growing up, now only 23 percent of kids play outside. Only recently have kids, teenagers, and adults alike broadened our scope of indoor activities. Outdoor activities have remained the same for centuries.... [tags: Game, Board game, Chess, Dice]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Outdoor Activities Observation We all have the different holdings and separate views and impression of the things around us. Such, distinguished behavior is natural while we are noticed by the everyday routines and task, though there is a place where we can share the common value of relaxation. The park always seems to be the place where we go whenever we want to relax. However, the park is certainly a place of avoiding the constraints of the work or the life. It did, until I have started paying attention.... [tags: park, visitors, relax]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- It is an excellent destination for an amusing day of outdoor activities. Plus, you’ll get a bonus of astonishing scenic views. Concan Texas is an hour and a half to two hours drive from San Antonio. According to Wikipedia, it is a small community known as a popular spot for summer vacationers. It is also a haven for bird watching fanatics during spring-time. Thus, travellers find this location an authentic treat full of outdoor activities. Moreover, Garner State Park features relaxing environment and exciting outdoor activities altogether.... [tags: Travel]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Getting ready for a summer vacation at the Winter Park Resort. You’re on the right track. We’ll provide some tips and advises too; regarding all the family outdoor activities you can do there. Colorado has breathtaking sceneries which are truly amazing. It can mesmerize your heart. In fact, the sceneries are so surreal that they actually look like paintings. These are maybe the reasons why people are flocking to Colorado for an extraordinary vacation. The mountains are so inviting. It feels like a magnet attracting you to taste its natural beauty.... [tags: Travel, Tourism, Marketing]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Foreign aid is a type of funding that helps support many countries in great need. Other names for this term are foreign assistance, financial aid, and overseas aid. There are many ways a country can receive aid. One way would be a country giving money to the recipient country. This is the most known form of aid, but the other forms of aid can include tents, food, and weapons. When foreign aid is used on illegal activities, it not only affects one country’s economy. A country does not merely just have a lack of aid coming into a certain sector.... [tags: foreign assistance, financial aid]
2115 words (6 pages)
- Oasis 1. Introduction 1.1. Purpose 1.2. Scope 1.3. Definition, Acronyms and Abbreviation 1.4. Overview 2. Description 2.1. User characteristics 2.2. Assumption and Dependencies 2.3. Functionality 1. Introduction Department academic year activates and programs scheduled and display department calendar, that calendar indicate upcoming programs and various events information inform to student and staff members most helpful them. In the department catalog our course curriculum course adjective and motivations listed, the curriculum student can download in our website.... [tags: Events, Activities]
712 words (2 pages)
- Outdoor On-Land and Water Activities in UK I have compiled a detailed report based on two outdoor adventure activities, one land-based and one water-based. Within the report I have looked at a number of aspects: Â· What is meant by outdoor adventure activities and those that are available within the UK and in my local area Â· The benefits of the two activities and; Â· The participants involved within it Â· The role of national governing bodies and regulatory bodies in outdoor adventure activities What are Outdoor Adventure Activities (OAA's).... [tags: Papers]
2165 words (6.2 pages)