“How has smartphone affected to children?” Since the smartphone has become indispensable in our daily lives, apart of our bodies, this kind of question has been asked for last few years and till this moment. We do know that everything has two sides, which are negative and positive, and we try to deal with the negative side by balancing both of them so that we can get more benefits from it. However, children, they are still too young to perceive the potential hazard of using smartphone. They just care about the positive, and neglect the negative effects, which should be considered as well as the positive one. By the time they realize how it affect negatively to their lives, it is maybe too late for them to get out of it because they are already addicted to the smartphone. In my opinion, addicted to the smartphone is as danger as addicted to drugs. Therefore, we should consider this problem carefully for one purpose, which is ensuring that the children can avoid the cost of using smartphone in their lives. The negative effects of the smartphone on children are more serious than we think, it affects badly on their educations, relationships, and health.
As technology has been developed significantly in last few years, the technology of smartphone also gets benefits from that, which moved mobile phone age to smartphone age. Besides the listen and call functions, the smartphone has a bunch of features that we can benefit from it such as listening to music, recording, taking and editing photo, and so on. Moreover, it can be an excellent tool to study for children with the feature such as Siri, Google, dictionary, calculator, and free online books (The Apple’s operating system has a feature called...
... middle of paper ...
...ne have changed the world, good or bad, we have to take and deal with it because everything has two sides, positive and negative, and it is not exceptional. After all, itself cannot ruin or harm any children if they have been taught all good and bad about it. As soon as they realize what they can get and lose from using smartphone, the little negative effects they get from that. This is not only about children, it is also about parents and parenting. “It 's not just kids who are overdoing screen time. Parents are often just as guilty of spending too much time checking smartphones and e-mail — and the consequences for their children can be troubling.” Children, they are very easily affected by adult people, especially from their parents. Therefore, if you are in that position, you need to control and limit yourself from smartphone also, to exemplify for your children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How has the smartphone effected our culture as a whole. The smart phones have affected our culture in many possible ways which leads to increase in personal efficiency and communication. Even though, smartphone can become a tool for constant connection with the world; the smartphone also makes people disconnect with the world around them such as friends and family. As Zackary suggests that “The invention and rising popularity of the smartphone has completely transformed our culture of socialization and interaction.”(2015) Smartphones are very powerful tools that can allow people to use many functions such as phone, text, internet, apps, games, and social media and so on.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone]
715 words (2 pages)
- Have you ever known that along with keys and money, the smartphone is one of three survival items most people carry with them. Due to the innovation of modern technology, the smartphone invention is evolving and changing human life rapidly these days. Clearly, according to Kadlec, “half of American adults own a smart phone and that the rate of ownership is expanding quickly”. This research shows that how many people are becoming accustomed to using this modern device. It is invented to support the needs of people that they want their mobile devices to have more Internet capabilities.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant]
1825 words (5.2 pages)
- Thesis: Twenge affectively uses emotional appeals to persuade her readers into believing that the excessive use of smartphone has ruined a generation. (summary) In the article “Has the Smartphone Destroyed a Generation?”, Jean M. Twenge discusses the effects smartphones have in younger generations. Twenge is a psychologist who has been researching differences in generations for 25 years. In accordance to Twenge, smartphones have significantly increased the rates in teen depression and suicide. Twenge describes the generation iGen (born between 1995 and 2012) as being at the verge of the worst mental-health crisis in decades.... [tags: Generation Y, Generation X, Facebook, Adolescence]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Smartphones and social media are drugs to people. Call them phone addicts. Phone addicts are the ones that wake up in the morning and check their social media or they cannot simply live without their phones. In the New York Times, author Sherry Turkle compares how people’s communications changed from face-to-face talk to smartphone talk. People became too dependent using their smartphones and social media to communicate to the outside world. She also sees how this impacts the younger generation communication with others.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, IPhone]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- “Technology should improve your life not become your life.” a quote from musician Billy Cox. Today, all over the world technology has changed the lives of billions of people in many of different ways. For example, things like medical technology, auto mechanics, and military weaponry. To tell whether these technological advancements have negatively impacted us as humans or positively moved us forward toward a brighter human race, is a debate that has gone on for years. There is no doubt technology has been an important asset when it comes to emergencies, but in other situations, maybe not so much.... [tags: Communication, Emotion, Mobile phone, Smartphone]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- The Internet's Harm on Children The Internet has affected our lives in a considerable way. We use the internet in order to connect with society, look up information for work and educational purposes, shop, handle daily errands such as paying bills and so on. Children are not excluded from this, in fact they are capable of using internet more effectively than adults. The reason for this being that chıldren are able to learn to use new technology faster than theır adult counterparts. It is wıdely accepted that having internet connection can be very useful for children, teachers and children consider internet as a powerful tool to access to academic sources to research for theır classes and... [tags: monitoring improper information online]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- The Smartphone Communication across the globe has recently changed since the invention of the smartphone. This high tech tool has many features that can help to make someone’s life a little bit easier. It has improved ways of thinking as well as the way people go about their daily activities. The smartphones capability of searching things quicker and making communication easier allows people around the globe to stay connected at faster speeds than ever before. Before the smartphone was ever created, there were other phones, as well as computers, that allowed people to keep in touch with each other and be aware of what was going on around them.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Smartphone]
1052 words (3 pages)
- “What happened with Blackberry?” and “How is it right now?” are the most serious questions that people concern about Blackberry. It’s a big question that why a company which was a global leader in mobile community became so below the smartphone industry. Moreover people now wonder whether Blackberry-Passport which just released on September 24th 2014 can be able to pull Blackberry to its top place. In 2007, Blackberry was rated the best in smartphone business in America. More than 1 of every 3 people decided to go for Blackberry.... [tags: IPhone, Smartphone, Research In Motion]
715 words (2 pages)
- The emergence, advancements and easy accessibility of smartphone technology have made it quite hard to think of the days before their existence. It is no doubt therefore that smartphone has changed people's lives in the 21st century (Milius 22). It enables people from across the globe to connect instantly beside other numerous benefits that people have been able to access due to this advanced technology device. However, Jean Twenge’s article in the Atlantic warned that the expansion of smartphone and social media technologies had introduced dramatic changes that did not characterize previous generation.... [tags: Smartphone, Generation Y, Information appliance]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Should People Use a Smartphone. The advent of mobile phones has squeezed this large world and brought it into the palm of a human being. People can use their smartphone for many purposes such as business, communication, and entertainment. However, people have always been debating about a smartphone’s disadvantages. Many people disagree with using a smartphone today because it will interrupt their job, studying, and life. But they do not know that a smartphone helps them a lot in their life. Sometimes, people cannot do anything without a smartphone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Smartphone, Nokia]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Meditation Allows For Yourself And Your Environment
- The Bolshevik Revolution And The Soviet Revolution
- The Use Of Digital Marketing At Ing Wholesale Germany
- The Shakespeare 's All Of Us : A Monumental, Multitudinous, Premeditated, And Most Important
- Intercultural Communication And Our Future
- Germany And The Soviet Union