As I am worried about the campus safety, The Office of the Chief of Police sent an email which concerns about an aggravated robbery through crime alert system to my university email address. Along with this email there are two links for the crime videos captured by one of the security cameras. It was a bright afternoon on October 10, 2011 at approximately 4:19 pm, the victim was sitting at a table in front of the The Espresso Royale ...
... middle of paper ...
...ovisional conclusion I made, some new questions emerged which I have yet to answer. For example, how many crimes have been committed on campus within a year? Are victims most university students? What is the percentage of the criminal arrestation? Did the University permit students to possess guns?
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=BH8I-aTfiDM, found on Oct 11th, 2011 through email sent by The Office of the Chief of Police.
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H6BgWecVWE, found on Oct 11th, 2011 through email sent by The Office of the Chief of Police.
3. http://dps.illinois.edu/universitypolice/crimeprevention.html, found on Oct 22nd, 2011 on the official website of The Division of Public Safety.
4 .http://dps.illinois.edu/universitypolice/personalsafetytips.html, found on Oct 23rd, 2011 on the official website of The Division of Public Safety.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Look into the future Students every year are looking for a place of higher collegiate education. What ideas do they use to choose the college that is right for them. What should potential college students consider when choosing a college. Students must take into account the admission standards, tuition, academic standards for the specific study of choice, where they plan to live, and the overall graduation rates. Northern Illinois University and Eastern Illinois University are both compelling, but yet hold differences than a potential student may realize; however I should attend Eastern Illinois University for a collegiate education for its excellent overall performance as a university.... [tags: College, University, Illinois]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- No means Silence: Sexual Assault on an Ivy League Campus For every five robberies in America there are four sexual assaults of women and for every two sexual assaults of college women there is one robbery(Rainn). Sexual Violence is an epidemic at college campuses across the nation compared to other crimes but it is something that does not want to be discussed in detail by the Universities. Institutions for higher education do not want to deal with these kinds of cases because they are lengthy and can cause problems within the institutions when it comes to receiving applications from prospective students and receiving money from donors because who wants to be associated with a school that h... [tags: Rape, Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse]
2078 words (5.9 pages)
- Big College Campus vs. Small College Campus When you are looking at colleges, you must compare and contrast the benefits and disadvantages between each college. One of the main things you think about is the college campus itself. Whether big or small, the campus atmosphere is important to college success. As you analyze the information they give you about their campus amenities, you will be able to see the major contrasts in large and small colleges. A big college campus and a small college campus can differ in residential services, in social activities, and in well-managed facilities.... [tags: University, College, Satellite campus, Campus]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Safety. This is the top priority for most Universities. Safety is important because without it danger can take the life of a dear student along with their financial contribution to the school. But it is even more important because if something were to occur to a student it could taint the University’s reputation, meaning that the school would have to live with it’s students being in fear that the same thing could happen to them. For example, Brianna Denison a resident of Reno, Nevada was kidnapped from her friend’s home.... [tags: safe, reputation, campus, security]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Is it possible to find the perfect college. Well I think that I have found mine. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a great college for me. It has all the aspects in a college that I am looking for. The University of Illinois has an interesting history and a prestigious reputation. It also has top of the line education, campus, and baseball program. The University of Illinois has some interesting history about it. It was founded in 1867 by John Milton Gregory, and started off with only two faculty members.... [tags: Education]
2144 words (6.1 pages)
- One way to determine whether or not someone is influential towards a university is to look at the type of impact they have made. This could be through dedicated teachings, being well versed in many areas, whether that be in one college or the university as a whole, and having done research on a plethora of different topics, but also having that research be widely accepted. When weighing all of these factors one person comes to mind, that person is Amy W Ando. Amy has gone above and beyond any expectation the university has of a single professor and represents what it truly means to be an influential force on campus.... [tags: University, College, Professor, Doctorate]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The University of Illinois (UI) Hospital is a government, non- federal state hospital with over 100 years of history. It started back in 1882, when students started attending the College of Physician and Surgeon of Chicago. In 1917, the University of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Welfare came to an agreement to build a Research and Educational Hospital after acquiring the “vacated Chicago Cubs park located at Polk and Wolcott” (“The University of Illinois (UI) Hospital”, 2016). Since the mental institute were so close to the cub’s field patients were able to enjoy and cheer each game.... [tags: Patient, Hospital, Health care, Safety]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- The University of Illinois (UI) Hospitals has a history over 100 years. In 1882, students started attending the College of Physician and Surgeon of Chicago. In 1917, the University of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Welfare came to an agreement to build a Research and Educational Hospital after acquiring the “vacated Chicago Cubs park located at Polk and Wolcott” (Wikipedia). Patients at the mental institute were able to enjoy and cheer during the game. In 1941, beginning of the Neuropsychiatric Institution and which is a world leader in Neuroscience and 2011 cure for Sickle Cell was discovered.... [tags: Patient, Health care, Hospital, Safety]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- I have picked three transfer schools the first one is University of Illinois at Chicago they require an associates degree , even based on the grades and GPA they might accept you. I picked this university because It has a great education, your closer with the professors, it is not far from home, they have great places to go study and find information. The admissions wants a good GPA, transcripts or degree and have completed all classes. The requirements for transferring is 62 credit hours plus any other credit I need to take to move on.... [tags: Education, Academic degree, School, Teacher]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Justin D. Wixom Professor Chapman English 1B 29 April 2015 Murder University – Crime on Campus In a dimly lit bedroom of a fraternity house, a young woman is raped. In a car parked in a campus parking lot, a woman is struck by her boyfriend in a domestic violence assault. In a hallway outside of class two men fight it out over a disagreement turned violent. Crime on American college campuses has been a persistent problem since in recent decades, but came under the national spotlight in 1986 when a Jeanne Clery, a female student at Lehigh University was raped and murdered by another college student on campus.... [tags: Higher education, University, Education, College]
3526 words (10.1 pages)