Red Bull is an Austrian company that was founded in the mid 1980’s. It has not just launch its first product, but a new, different product market. They have sold about 5.387 billion cans worldwide in 2013. Also they sell their beverages to over 166 countries (Red Bull the company, 2014). They aim for young culture and extreme sports.
Red Bull is mostly based on social media; therefore, it has been the force that driving their advertising and promotions, they are heavily dependent on it (Carlier, 2013). Red Bull’s core message,’ Gives you wings’. Their primary social media is Facebook for marketing. Their Facebook page has been ranked top 50 branded pages on the world’s largest social network (The Content Strategist, 2012) .Their main page has over 42 million likes (Facebook, 2014). They do have other Facebook pages, which are dedicated to their other events and sponsored activities (Heit, 2013), such as Stratos Balloon, X-Fighters which each of these pages alone are extremely close to a million likes, and the Music Academy is over a million likes (Carlier, 2013). On their main Facebook page they usually post around one or two posts, however, it is very rare to find a post that contains an image of the Red...
... middle of paper ...
...schitz-on-brand-as-media-company [Accessed: 17 Feb 2014].
• Mims, C. (2013), Who actually uses Google+? Exactly who you’d expect. [online] Available at: http://qz.com/156733/who-actually-uses-google-exactly-who-youd-expect/ [Accessed: 23 Feb 2014].
• Moth, D. (2013), How Red Bull uses Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. [online] Available at: http://econsultancy.com/blog/62178-how-red-bull-uses-facebook-twitter-pinterest-and-google [Accessed: 17 Feb 2014].
• Red Bull, (2014), Red Bull the company - Who makes Red Bull? Red Bull Origin :: Energy Drink :: Red Bull. [online] Available at: http://energydrink.redbull.com/company [Accessed: 17 Feb 2014].
• The Content Strategist (2012), How Red Bull Fuels Its Facebook Community With Winning Content. [online] Available at: http://contently.com/strategist/2012/02/15/red-bull-facebook-page/ [Accessed: 17 Feb 2014].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.Red Bull differentiates itself in not only the soft drink industry by focusing on energy drinks solely, but also in the business industry, seeing how their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement, and threats all seem to blur together . The fact that Red Bull is seen as a luxury and sports drink is a strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat within itself (Kansara, 2); being labeled as such sets Red Bull apart from their competitors, pushing them into one field and industry to prosper in and be associated with, leaving them opportunity to determine the way that industry will grow as they are the pioneers but also threatening their hopes for expansion.... [tags: Energy drink, Red Bull, Caffeine, Soft drink]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- In recent years, the subject of crime has become an increasingly important theme of political, academic, and public debate. In particular, the media today is more focused on victims than it has ever been before. Through media representations of the ‘ideal victim’, this essay will subsequently show how the media are able to construct and re-affirm pre-existing traditional ideologies within the public realm. In effect, this assignment will critically assess the concept of an ‘ideal victim’ and show how the media have used this when describing crime.... [tags: Crime and the Media]
1988 words (5.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION There is little doubt that the media has a profound impact on our awareness of humanitarian emergencies and disaster relief around the world. The reality of these disasters, and our responses to them, are heavily influenced by the framework that the media uses – through exposure on television, radio and in print – to capture our attention. The media has a number of important responsibilities during a natural disaster. I have broken down their responsibilities into four stages: early warning, immediate response, post-disaster review, and implementation.... [tags: The Media]
2955 words (8.4 pages)
- Social networking services (SNSs) refer to the platforms that build social networks or social relations among people who share interests, activities, backgrounds or real-life connections (“social networking service”, Wiki). Those services become so popular nowadays to enable people to connect with friends and share information quickly. The early potential form of social networking is the computer-mediated interactions, like the service of Usenet and BBS. Then the generalized online communities started to show some feature functions of SNS—grouping people into chatting room and share personal information.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, MySpace]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- Inefficient Product Promotion Strategies. Red Bull’s product promotion strategy relies on buzz marketing strategy and social media marketing. The current product promotion strategy used by Red Bull is highly creative because of its individualistic and inventive nature. Red Bull sponsors extreme sports events and hosts parties and functions for rock stars and other celebrities. The company’s product promotion strategy is proactive and original as opposed to reactive and imitated. As a result, other companies in the industry are imitating Red Bull’s promotion strategies.... [tags: Marketing, Red Bull, Soft drink, Brand management]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Politics is an ongoing controversial discussion; Everyone has the right to participate and indulge in the political movement. Although chaotic at times, it is extremely important and crucial to our future. With that being said, it is important to note that various cartoon artists take pride in replicating important issue through their art. Artist appeal to their audience by using logical fallacies, ethos, and by emphasizing or pointing out important messages within their artwork. Doug MacGregor, a political cartoon artist, had the honor to form a part of the 2016 elections by displaying his ideas in a political cartoon.... [tags: Barack Obama, United States, Bill Clinton]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Social Networking and How it Affects People Social networks were made to help keep people connected. Social networks provide people with access to entertainment, news, free advertising for business owners. These social platforms also provide users to communicate with family abroad. With all these benefits one would think that everyone would be happy with social networking but that’s not the case, in fact some people are against social networks. I think social networks are beneficial for everyone who might use this resource responsibly.... [tags: Social media, Sociology]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Red Bull GmbH is an Austrian company that specialize in selling energy drinks name “Red Bull.” The corporate was found in 1987, when Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur was inspired by a pre-existing drink call Krating Daeng in Thailand. Red Bull GmbH had went through challenges that would have prevented the company’s success. However, Mateschitz works was able to counter these challenges and allow the company to grow. Before the discovery of Krating Daeng by Mateschitz, other entrepreneurs did not see the success of Krating Daeng in western markets due to the taste of the drink.... [tags: energy drinks, marketing stimulate metabolism]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Since the 2010 launch of the photo sharing social media app, Instagram has been an outlet for users to express themselves and show their true identity through pictures of themselves, friends, family, and the world around them. Being that 55% of users are between ages 18-29 years of age (Duggan 2015), a range of users are still trying to figure out who they are and may be influenced by what 's posted by their peers and celebrities. Through mainstream media, there seems to be the belief that with using Instagram, allows others to create and alternate personality and deceive those on social media.... [tags: Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- Impact of Social Media on Society Technology has come a long ways from its existence till today. In today’s modern world, people are surrounded by technology everywhere. In the present, people are surrounded by disrupting technologies every day. Today innovators are always creating new technologies that will make an impact on the daily lives of millions. Technology has made the lives of many people easier. The influence of technology has made an impact on social media. Social media has impacted the society in many ways.... [tags: pathologic internet use]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Modern Communication Systems: Downward and Upward Communication
- Operation Iceberg: The Planning and Preparation for the Landing on Okinawa
- Impact of Irish Culture on U.S. Military Operations
- Teen Pregnancies in Hispanic Community
- Multinational Corporations Must Adapt their Marketing Strategies to Accommodate Local Preferences
- Al-Anon Observation Paper