Professional development is a process of increasing and improving the performance of workers through access to education and training opportunities in the workplace, through outside organizations, or through watching others perform the task. Basically it helps in improving the teamwork among the workers and also it helps to attract high quality workers in an organization. This also helps in the one to make the right plans for the new products and the smooth running of the business.
The need for a continuing professional development is key and essential in one’s career. It helps one to be competent in your profession. It is supposed to be an ongoing process and should continue throughout the professional career. The ultimate results of good and planned continuing professional development is that it protects the public, the employer, the professional and the professional’s career.
Also the need for continuing professional development is that it ensures that one’s capabilities are kept in pace with the current standards in the market in the same field compared to the others. It also helps in ensuring that you maintain and improve the knowledge and skills one’s need to deliver a good service to the customers, clients and the community.
It also helps one’s knowledge to stay be relevant and up to date. Due to the improved technological advancement one need to keep on being up to speed with the latest technology in order to be relevant to the market otherwise you be left behind with the outdated knowledge. Also continuing development aids in making a meaningful contribution to your team. This helps one to be very efficient in the work station. This helps one to improve career and rise into more influential positions where you can easil...
... middle of paper ...
...ifying a suitable mentor helps one to acquire knowledge easily. Mentors help in keeping one in to speed by allocation of the task which led to research to complete the task.
Looking for related opportunities to learn also helps in the development of professional skills. Different opportunities help one to have a wide scope of doing different things and a vast knowledge. This is developed by attending seminars and conferences that are related to one’s career. This is accompanied by some accompanied by some charges that are required for the attendance.
Planning one’s career is also very important. Determining what one needs in his career also helps one to know which conferences and seminars to attend. Also, knowing where one need to transits ones career also helps in planning one’s career to determine the break point to transit to the other career but of the same field.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Within the life of every education, the expectation is that they are growing personally within their own lives and professions of which will assist them in reaching the lives of their student/learners effectively for the purposes of academic achievement. This growth is received through that activity on the part of the education within professional development. Within this assignment, this writer will conduct an assignment of which calls for the summary of four valuable resources in which he had studied concerning professional development.... [tags: education, professional development, mentoring]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Nursing has been viewed as both a science and an art (Price et al., 2007, p. 155). A logical progression of ideas and theories as well as evidence-based research supports the varied interventions and rationales that the nurse must effectively use to provide safe care (McCrae, 2011). Human touch, compassion, creativity and moral values characterise the artistic nature of the nursing profession, which can promote personal satisfaction and growth (Finfgeld-Connett, 2008, p. 383). However, similar to any other line of work, nursing is not without its dangers as seen by examples of errors and negligence (Tingle & McHale, 2009; Young, 2009).... [tags: Nursing Professional Development]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction Professional development, in its most simple definition, is learning opportunities. Under professional development, individuals are open to a wide array of these opportunities in order to gain knowledge and improve. The learning opportunities that make up professional development take up many forms. Conferences that aim to teach new skills and methods, formal pieces of academic material, training methods provided by an external or internal organizations are all learning opportunities through which professional development is attained.... [tags: Education, Profession, Teacher]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Professional Development Plan: Stapelberg, N - 13006992 1. Purpose The engineering profession is one that is dedicated to finding solutions to problems varying in complexity in order to simplify the living of humanity. With such a highly recognized and valued profession comes great responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of the ones affected as well as ensuring the standard and reputation of the profession is upheld. This document serves as future candidate engineer (FCE), Mr Neil Stapelberg 's, plan for the registration as Professional Mechanical Engineer with ECSA and includes one complete Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Cycle of five years.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Professional Development Plan In this paper I will be covering and analysing personal and professional development. Four respective patches have been undertaken for this module which addressed. Professional development plans, reflective practice, mentoring and supervision and the critical reflection of learners in the learning process. The first patch is talking about the use of Personal Development Plan enabling learning and development in professional practice. The second patch is discussing and evaluating the effectiveness of reflection, by promoting learning and development in professional practice.... [tags: Psychology, Learning, Management]
3394 words (9.7 pages)
- Assignment 9.1: PD Strategies I have been a part of many professional development sessions, some of which have provided a plethora of valuable information that I refer back to on a weekly basis, and others that have seemingly been provided for reasons that I do not understand. Most, I will admit, have been very useful. One of the most beneficial professional developments I had attended was one at the beginning of the school year, in which teachers congregated at the high school, simply because it was the largest of buildings in its district and could appropriately house all teachers, administrators, and other staff members.... [tags: Learning, Education, Profession, Teacher]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- In my 12 years of teaching, I have been a part of many different kinds of professional development. Teaching within the Diocese of Youngstown, it seems that each year there are themes to the type of professional development for the year. This past year, ironically, was very similar to our third live session. A member of the Stark County Educational Service Center taught us some of the more advanced components of Google. It was where I first learned about how to create a survey using Google Forms.... [tags: Teacher, Profession, Education, Management]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- There are several milestones that our society uses to measure personal development and suitability for advancement to higher degrees of social responsibility. One such milestone is career selection and attainment. Some individuals may never find a satisfying vocation, whereas others know what they desire from the day they can communicate. A simple way to reduce the unfortunate friction of choosing a career is to be self-aware. Understanding what makes one happy, fulfilled, and the things that are important to them, is the easiest way to narrow down the world’s endless possible occupations and ensure job satisfaction.... [tags: Career Development]
2292 words (6.5 pages)
- Prior to this decade, best practices for technology as a component for professional development/in-service training didn’t exist to the extent that it does today. In education, the term “best practices” refers to a shorthand emblem of serious, thoughtful, informed, responsible, state-of-the-art teaching (Zemelman, Daniels & Hyde, 2005). Because technology is rapidly evolving in ways that encourage innovation and discovery, best practices that were appropriate for the traditional classroom are no longer feasible with a new generation of students that are raised in a “tech-savvy” society.... [tags: best practices, technology, educational change]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Effective Professional Development Effective professional development is intensive enough to allow people to develop new knowledge and skills (Cook, 1997). When entering into a professional development workshop, there are components which would allow you to believe you’re in the workplace as well as in a training environment. Professional development instructors believe that, "professional development enriches teaching and improves learning for all students. It is an essential link to higher student achievement" (Cook, 1997).... [tags: essays papers]
2582 words (7.4 pages)