What I surely want to achieve as a writer is simply just the process of learning new concepts that I was not familiar with before. For example, being able to learn self-awareness of myself as a writer, and as well as creating a well organized thesis in whatever subject I am currently writing about, and as well having a supportive argument to back it up. Nevertheless, as well wanting to be somewhat challenged when it comes to me putting my critical thinking skills into play by developing my own set of ideas and usage of my thoughts. Likewise, the writing skills that I have learned from my four years in college will greatly benefit me, when it comes to job applications in the future. Now when it comes to my attitude about writing t...
... middle of paper ...
... know what you are thinking, why am I writing to students in high school? Well before taking this class, I used to lead retreats at my old high school, and it was required to give a talk/presentation to the students during the retreat. Therefore, I guess you could say for the most part, my audience would have to be teenagers in highs school. Being that I am able to relate to them on much more academically, mentally, and spiritually, as well as writing academically for my professors and classes for any assignments our due dates.
The moment that I know I truly have accomplished my achievement, as a writer will be the day that someone has gotten something out of my paper, talk, and presentation. Overall, I do not really know when that time will come, but when it does me, sure as hopes I will be ready and confident with my purpose of achieving to become a profound writer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The development of my writing skills will be an ongoing process until I cease to exist. Ernest Hemingway believes that “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” My apprenticeship began when my parents taught me to write my name and since then, I have written letters, thank-you cards, grocery lists, literary analysis essays and many in-class essays. Those who have been teaching me this craft have occasionally guided me in the wrong direction by making the use of outlines mandatory, but this approach has proved to be ineffective for me.... [tags: Writing, High school, Essay, Writing process]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Writing is a tool used throughout the world to communicate. It acts as a medium for people to communicate through text rather than vocally. This method of communication is very vital to our world today and has been throughout our history. Writing is used to prepare speeches, give lectures, address large crowds, and even to simply right a research paper. Without this method of communication our world would look a whole lot different. To me writing is a very important aspect of life and I am lucky to have progressed in my writing skills in my first semester of college.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Communication, Academia]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- When I started English 1010 , I thought my writing skills were the best, sadly I was wrong. I soon found out that high school essays were different from college essays in a extreme way. At first, the teacher grades the essay as in did you complete the assignment or not, and often my essays were the best in my English class in high school. College you have millions comments on how to better your essay even more. Overall, my writing skills has improved over this semester. My writing has improved over the semester from my first essay to final essay.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Essays, Better]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Reflective Writing Writing 121 has become a very useful class for me. I have completed many writing assignments with different writing styles. I am very thankful for this class because I have not just learned general ways of writing, but it has also shown me where I have grown and how I can improve. Over the years writing has always been a challenge for me. This class has taught me a lifelong lesson of how to use my writing in my everyday life and throughout my future. As to what I have accomplished this term, I have completed twenty-two writing assignments.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Composition studies]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- I feel that I have expanded writing skills, but I need to keep improving them to be prepared for the real world. Over the course I have grown and learned more than I thought possible. I have learned here how to write and express myself, and how to think for myself. This essay demonstrates that I have developed my communication and personal thinking skills. However, I need to keep working on many aspects such as word choice and sentence structure. Writing has never been my forte. While it has been a difficult semester, I believe that my writing skills have improved.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Mexican Drug War, Communication]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Composition 1 taught me crucial writing skills and helped me grow as a writer. At the beginning of the semester, my papers utilized a considerable amount of passive voice, lacked transitional phrases, and the context was not always fully developed. But throughout the class, my writing became more clear, organized, and comprehensive. Passive voice allows the object of an action to be the subject of a sentence. In my first paper, the formal summary essay, I wrote, “The term describes situations, dating back to the 1980s, when excessive numbers of blacks were found to have been exposed to highly polluted areas.” The use of “were found” and “been exposed” distort the meaning of the sentence.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Paper, Grammar]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Does texting have an effect on students writing skills. In this era, communicating via text is a huge part of a student’s life. As I walk around on campus, I observe everyone holding a cell phone if not texting/communicating on it. For the most part, its irritating to see someone engulfed so much into his/her phone to the point of accidentally bumping into someone else, crossing the street without looking, and even students while in class, have the audacity to utilize his/her phone texting whomever in the presence of the educator.... [tags: Writing, Mobile phone, Communication]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Writing. The activity or ability of putting logical words on paper and producing text. Writing is known to progress through continuous practice. Thus, I believe my writing has improved immensely over the years, especially this semester in my freshman seminar class. My writing has developed, converting my weaknesses into strengths, through participating in class activities, writing several drafts and receiving feedback, and going to the writing center. When I began writing this semester, I had several noticeable weaknesses.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Better, Essay]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Reading and writing never naturally came easily to Chance, as for say math has. Chance has always been an adequate reader and writer, but never the best at either. Chance can write relatively decent papers that achieve good grades, which is what he strives for. Although he has never gotten that extra note from the teacher saying, “This was an awesome paper”. Chance has always really hated reading, mostly because it was forced upon him at a young age by his parents and teachers, that and the fact he never really enjoyed reading itself.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing style, Advanced Placement]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Writing is like art- it helps us to express ourselves. However, writing differs from art in that it has to follow specific parameters, such as structure, syntax, grammar, and so on. At the beginning of the quarter, I had preconceived ideas as to what "good" writing was, and how I should go about it. While working on my first assignment, I discovered that to be reasonably successful at this I had to leave behind my perceptions of writing as it is accepted in my country and to start from scratch. Throughout this portfolio, I demonstrate my development and growth as a writer.... [tags: Writing Analysis]
1022 words (2.9 pages)