Her entire being moves with a purposeful clarity. With each stride she makes, it became more obvious how much heart she puts into everything she does.
"You 're unusually happy today," he says as he watches her dance in the middle of the highway.
She has been lately.
It 's like there was a weight lifted off of her chest when they left the town where she grew up.
"I 'm just in good spirits." She says, looking at the sky with a smile. "The sun is shining, the grasses are still green and the flowers are blooming for the last time before winter begins."
"Well I definitely like seeing you like this," he whispers in her ear.
"In what? A dress or happy?" She says looking down at the flowing white dress and leather boots she 'd decided to wear this morning.
"Both," he laughs.
"You 're such a pig-headed fool." She jokes and then smiles. "You 're also enjoying my hair being down."
"I am..." He says softly.
"I feel different... like more than happy but, it 's like I finally got closure at home by seeing my family again... if you call that seeing them." She sighs.
"It definitely makes sense," he says.
"I feel like nothing can wrong Jim," she sighs. "Which is what I always say just before something terrible happens."
"Maybe everything is turning around..." He whispers in her ear.
"Maybe... but the one thing I hate about this whole ordeal is the lack of music." She explains.
"Oh yeah?" He asks.
"I was a big music person," she explains, her smile growing. "Elvis, Bonnie Raitt and Alanis Morissette were among my favorites."
"You 've got good taste," he says smiling.
"I guess," she lau...
... middle of paper ...
... November, like hot chocolate on stormy evenings and crisp autumn air fills their sense as he rolls on top of her.
"I love you," she gasps and then reaches up to give him one more.
"I love you too, but we should really find somewhere to stay tonight..." He says kissing her jaw.
"You 're right... you 're right," she sighs. "But one more kiss."
"Yes ma 'am." He whispers and then leans down to take her lips on his.
It is deep, passionate and full of love.
The kiss is brief and perfunctory.
She pushes him off carefully and then holds out her hand for him to help her up. He swings her up to her feet and gives her a quick chaste kiss, with a warmth that surprises them both.
"Let 's get going," she mutters.
"Let 's..." He says, wrapping his arm around her.
They collect their things and went upon walking to find a new home.
A new beginning.
A new start in their midst.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the United States, public schools have financial difficulties. They are also impacted by reducing enrolments and cuts in local, state and federal funding, which the result is eliminating the programs such as music, art, and physical education. Therefore, some corporation and individual donors start to help the public schools to prevent them shutting down. Bill and Melinda Gates, Eli Broad, and Walter Annenberg are the funders which donate millions of dollars to the public school in order to improve public education.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Time’s 100 +1 Most Influential People 2014 was a year of big events, from record breaking events in the Sochi Winter Olympics to the Ebola virus outbreak, 2014 had its ups and downs. Surrounded by these groundbreaking events, Time Magazine compiled the 100 most influential people of the year. Although Time did an impeccable job of composing this list, one man was left off. This man funded the prevention of around 13.6 million deaths, was owner of a foundation that funded over 3.6 billion in scholarships, and donated billions to over 25 charitable foundations.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- The individual that was interviewed was Melinda Smith. Melinda appeared to be 5ft and 4 inches tall. She wore what seemed to be a lavender color quarter sleeve top with slacks that appeared to be a Khaki color and a pair of black and cognac riding boots. Over her shirt, she had on a brown blazer with an infinity scarf wrapped around her neck twice. Her hair was natural and black. She wore her hair pulled back in one, with no makeup or lip-gloss on. She did have some jewelry, a thin chain neckless, her wedding ring and a few other rings on her fingers.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Marriage, Mother]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- The United States has earned the reputation of a rebellious country since its birth in the revolution against Britain. Over the course of history, Americans have repeatedly confronted oppression, both foreign and national, through various wars and rights movements. Unfortunately, when it comes to environmental issues the average American has grown increasingly complacent. With a renewed urgency, government is working to combat global warming, but lacks the necessary social backing. This social support could be supplied through a new environmental movement that differs from past efforts.... [tags: Literature, American History, Movements]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- When looking at new social movements of today, there is not a newness to them, just a different set of claims, making it more so an evolution with a focus on quality of life. Structurally speaking, social movements are the same, there are claim receivers and claim makers that are attempting to change some part of society. Logically, claim receivers and claim makers will change as the times and needs of claim makers change, especially when social movements are successful. Fundamentally, there has been no change in social movements.... [tags: Sociology, Social movement, New social movements]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- In recent Middle Eastern social movements Internet-based communication has crucially aided both the potential for mass mobilization and the success of movements. 21st century media technologies (such as Facebook, Twitter, blogging, YouTube, etc.) operate as a semi-public sphere in which people can share dissident attitudes, announce the location of political protests, and coordinate mobilization. Internet-based communication therefore plays a dually important role; it acts as an alternative outlet for individual expression, but it also serves as mobilizing tool to broadcast anti-regime demonstrations, programs, and organizations.... [tags: Mass Mobilization, Success of Movements]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- By now, unless one is living under some possibly metaphorical rock, everyone has probably heard about the gay rights movement/queer movement and heard all the sides of the homosexuality movement, ranging from 'Gay people should burn in Hell for their sins' to 'Equality for all sexualities and genders'. And the transgender movement is just starting to take off, starting with California passing a law which allows Trans* students to "participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities" ("California Law Allows..." 1).... [tags: Queer Movements, Homosexual Movements, LGBTQ]
1747 words (5 pages)
- Sophie's Journey Toward Freedom in Breath, Eyes, Memory The novel Breath, Eyes, Memory, by Edwidge Danticat, is a bildungsroman. The narrator, Sophie, embarks on a journey towards her freedom. Sophie's freedom comes from her therapy. Sophie's treatment and her sex phobia group help her to cope with problems and move past them. The therapy helps Sophie to take logical steps towards her freedom. In Sophie's sex phobia therapy group, Sophie is able to realize she is not the only person in the world with problems.... [tags: Breath, Eyes, Memory Edwidge Danticat]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Objective: The individual that was interviewed was Melinda Smith. She wore what seemed to be a lavender color quarter sleeve top with Khaki colored bottoms and a pair of black and cognac riding boots. Over her shirt, she had on a brown blazer with an infinity scarf wrapped around her neck twice. Her hair was natural and black. She wore her hair pulled back in one, with no makeup on. She did have some jewelry, a thin chain neckless, her wedding ring and a few other rings on her fingers.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Marriage, Mother]
1053 words (3 pages)