In order to further enrich my learning curve I made the transition from a television channel to Aditya Birla Retail. My primary responsibilities included conceptualizing and executing the new brand positioning for "more" supermarkets based on strong consumer research. Noticing my communication and managerial skills, General Manager soon tasked me with leading a regional team to implement the new brand proposition across 27 cities. This enhanced role included ensuring adherence to brand architecture guidelines and representing the region in the Head Office on all matters pertaining to the implementation of the plan. The project was more aligned with the core business and provided more opportunities for growth. We used first of its kind - Catchment Marketing- for communicating the new proposition in the regional areas while re-opening the supermarkets. This innovative marketing concept resulted in a 30% sales growth and 4% increase in store profitability overall. On successful completion of the project I was recognized by the organization and was nominated for future women leader in Chairman Individual Excellence...
... middle of paper ...
... required for effective digital marketing strategies. Active participation in Fordham Graduate Marketing Society Club will help me interact and network with experienced marketing professional. Last but not least, the Fordham Women in Business Club will help me build professional networks and connect with exceptional women leaders and learn from their experiences. It is my firm belief that studying MSMI course at Fordham will be the most logical extension of my academic pursuits and a major step towards achieving my objectives - not just acquire marketing analytics knowledge but also what is its pragmatic facet.
I look forward to the being a part of the esteemed Fordham University and make use of my prior academic and professional experiences at Fordham Business while simultaneously gaining relevant knowledge and laying a solid foundation for becoming a future leader
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Qualitative research is concerned with people’s relationships to the media, and how audiences depict and interpret the media output, and as to how far the media is influential in shaping ideas and behavior (Purvis, T. 2006). Society is influenced by the media in numerous ways, it is the media for the masses that provides them to get the necessary information about things, as well as the media helps to form opinions and make judgments regarding various issues. The mass media can be understood in relation to; media producers, media institutions and organisations, media audiences and users and media output.... [tags: communication, behavior, manipulation]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- THE INFLUENCE OF ONLINE MARKETING ON CUSTOMER BEHAVIOUR IN NIGERIA CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND The increase in available information, well-known businesses and brands on the internet are in addition to providing consumers with a convenient and inexpensive way of belonging to internet community; generate high interest among consumers (Donthu and Garcia, 1999). The internet has proved to be an indispensable tool in the present-day business-stimulated society such as Nigeria; for marketing purposes, consumer information management, communication and research.... [tags: Marketing, Behavior, Psychology]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Leadership defined has two fundamental difficulties, firstly, similar to notions such as ‘love’, ‘freedom’ and ‘happiness’, leadership is a complicated idea that has subjective interpretations (Bolden, 2004). Everyone has their own understanding of what leadership is, based on a mixture of personal experiences and learnings. Secondly, the way leadership is defined and understood through one’s influenced theoretical stance (Bolden, 2004). Those who view leadership as the outcome of individual characteristics possessed by a leader, whilst others perceive leadership as a social development that emerges from organisational relationships.... [tags: organizational ]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- As consumer behavior changes, mangers must be able to respond to these changes. Previously, marketing was centered on what is called the four P that is product, place, price, promotion. However, as consumer behavior changed marketers have since redefined these four Ps and have identified four new Ps. These are; people, process, programs and performance (Keller, 2012) Marketing managers have realized that marketing is more that product and sales. They have recognized the importance of the new Ps.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Sales, Marketing research]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Effective marketing has been an essential aspect of business tactics. The appropriate methods of marketing, consumer behavior, and effectiveness of marketing were all involved in business policies. Growth and the ability to with stand fluctuating economies were critical elements of business planning as well. This chapter will discuss the history of business marketing, the methods of business marketing, consumer behaviors, and the effectiveness of business marketing to stimulate progression. History of Marketing The title of the article was Origins of marketing thought in Britain by Brian Jones and Mark Tadajewski.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Marketing strategy, Consumer]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- The Evidence that Socialisation Plays a Major Part in Shaping Human Behaviour Socialisation is the lifelong process by which human behaviour is shaped through experience in social institutions (e.g. family, which is a crucial factor in primary socialisation). Through socialization, individuals learn the values, norms (formal and informal rules), and beliefs of a given society. In considering the nature of the self, it is necessary to include a still more fundamental social scientific issue – the extent to which human beings are being formed by biological inheritance (i.e.... [tags: Papers]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- “Through their vision and integrity, passion and perseverance, as well as their willingness to take risks, they challenge beliefs and change the course of people’s lives. Some are born into positions of power, others have leadership thrust upon them, but they all possess the ability to seize opportunities when they arise and the charisma to persuade others to follow where they lead. Covering many different areas of life, Shaping History looks at some of the most renowned, the most notorious and the most unlikely leaders.... [tags: Shaping History, History,]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Article 1 Topic: Brand Speaks Brand Speaks!!. The American Marketing Association defines a brand as “a name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of them, intended to identify the goods or services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of competitors.” A brand is thus product or service that adds dimensions that differentiate it in some way from other products or services designed to satisfy the same need. But today, brands are alive and stand for a “distinctive name identifying a product or service”.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Consumer Behavior and Marketing 1) Do you think consumer can have too much choice in shopping. What might this depend on. Consumer can have too much choice in shopping as various choices provide consumers with a better picture of what they would like to buy. However, having too many choices can be quite a burden as it may cause confusion, make decisions difficult, and may be time-consuming. This might depend on several factors. - Customers with budget constraint may not view too many choices as favorable as they choose products base on lowest price.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis ]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)