Marketing can be a good tool to improve sales, but it can also be harmful if marketing ethics are not considered. You may ask, what is ethics and how does this collate with business marketing. MKTG9 defines ethics as, “… the moral principles or values that generally govern the conduct or an individual or a group.” When a company has good business ethics, they are considered to be honest, and provide quality products or services. Many times consumers are willing to pay a little more to ensure that they are supporting those businesses who have built, trust, integrity and respect based on their business practices. Consumers depend on marketing products to make determination if the product is something they want or something they need. Although, marketing is very important as well as the product being advertised, the company status or corporate social responsibility is something that many consumers evaluate sometimes subconsciously.
Social responsibility in the business world goes above just business ethics but also the entire organization of a business. Social responsibility, “has four components: economic, legal, ethical and philanthropic”, also known as the pyramid of corporate social responsibility. (Lamb, Hair, & McDaniel, 2014) A company must be able to do what is right and fair for the clients, they must obey the law and offer quality products which in turn...
... middle of paper ...
...ce, and leadership, innovation and reputation. Ethisphere, selected companies such as PepsiCo, Inc. and Starbucks based on their own scoring methodology. (Ethisphere, 2016) It is interesting to see that neither of the two companies that were scored as ethical companies by Ethisphere are not accredited by the BBB. Each organization has its own set of standards but each one takes business ethics to be a primary identifier for their selection process.
As a consumer, our experiences and recommendations from friends, organizations such as BBB and Yelp, we want to make sure that we are supporting businesses that have good business ethics. This gives us a sense of peace of mind that we know, we will get the best for our money plus that we can depend on the business to be around for a long time. As business owners, are we practicing good business ethical behavior?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), is the world 's largest professional services organization, and was summoned by The Institute of Business Travel Management (IBTM) to conduct a groundbreaking study relating to how valuable and effective is travel management in the creating shareholder value. The focus was the perceptions of travel management and business travel. "This groundbreaking study will provide corporations and travel managers the information they need to demonstrate the value of the business travel management to Corporate America," according to, IBTM Chairman Robert E.... [tags: Corporation, Business, Company, Management]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Marketing through hypermedia is one of the trending and proven to be effective to deliver products to consumers from various social levels. Hypermedia marketing is developed through a computerized network utilizing the World Wide Web (WWW) platform to reach out to millions of people and related business enterprises. Consumers would be introduced to these products and depending on the quality of the marketing, it may urge them to purchase the product. Thus, one of the main objectives of any profit organization is to develop a marketing framework that would enable it reach all its prospective clients within the least of time to garner maximum market share, score over their competitors, achieve... [tags: Marketing, World Wide Web, Business, Product]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- Capitalizing on Your Career Isaiah Shaw Professor Thomas CIS 2010 10-25-2016 CAPITALIZING ON YOUR CAREER 2 Marketing plays a tremendous role in our society in many ways. Many businesses or companies that try to reach many consumers on a daily basis take the marketing aspect of their company very seriously. Those companies can possibly be marketing a service they provide or even marketing a particular product they sell. Perhaps a new CAPITALIZING ON YOUR CAREER 3 iPhone is going to be released, or a brand new movie is being released, or a brand new car is being introduced to the public, all of these require some sort of strong marketing in order to con... [tags: Customer relationship management, Marketing]
1991 words (5.7 pages)
- This past March, I had the pleasure of attending my first Adobe marketing conference in Las Vegas. Additionally, it attracted thousands of marketing professionals from around the world and was the perfect atmosphere for professionals to share their digital marketing strategies. Accordingly, the conference did not disappoint and I learned a lot about new online marketing strategies. Thus, although the conference was geared towards Adobe Marketing Cloud, a lot of valuable online marketing information was shared.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Barbie, Mattel]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Role of Hypermedia in Marketing Marketing through hypermedia, such as television, radio, and social medial, is one of the most popular strategies of corporations at present. It has been proven to be effective in spreading information to consumers across all social levels. Hypermedia marketing is developed through a computerized network utilizing the World Wide Web (WWW) platform to reach out to millions of people and related business enterprises. Consumers are introduced to products marketed over this platform and depending on the quality of the marketing, may be urged to purchase the said products.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Product, Sales]
1659 words (4.7 pages)
- To Association Board, I want to thank you for the opportunity to submit a proposal to participate in the aforementioned conference. The conference will be addressing a vitally important topic that will assist small businesses in growing and expanding their businesses, which will in turn have a significant impact on our local economy. We plan to participate in the conference and hopefully as a presenters. My name is Daniel Smith. My colleague, Sharon Jones, and I are the owners of a small local business, Gulf Coast Marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Twitter]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- 3.5.2 Green Marketing Peattie, (1992) defined Green Marketing as: ‘The management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying the requirements of customers and society in a profitable and sustainable way.’ Even though this definition goes almost two decades back, the meaning of this discipline remains faithful to the previous idea, what has changed throughout these years is the fact that the environmental conditions have worsened and deepened, creating a stronger necessity for green marketing and related areas to step up.... [tags: Marketing ]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Marketing is a term that is used frequently. Generally, it is thought of as how a company advertises and sells their products or services, but upon reading several sources during the research phase of creating this paper, it was found that there are many more elements involved in marketing. Marketing goes way beyond advertising and selling; it is a focal point of a company that drives the direction the company takes. According to Perreault, there are two definitions for marketing.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- The separation of employees' work life and personal life is no longer clearly defined by a 9-5 schedule, time spent in the office or proximity to coworkers. The advancement of technology has blurred the line between work life and personal time. This blurring and overlapping of work and personal time has created a new environment to which company provided benefits much adapt. The evolution of benefit programs must support employees combined work/life overlap and must encompass both areas. There are no longer benefit programs defined by the traditional package of health coverage, dental, vision, vacation, life insurance and 401K program.... [tags: job benefits, work/life,employees]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- Marketing Principles Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of goods, services, and ideas to create exchanges that satisfy individual and organisation objectives. Marketing has many ways that products are sold. It includes advertising, selling and delivering products to people. Marketers try to get the attention of target audiences by using slogans, packaging design, celebrity endorsements and general exposure in the media world.... [tags: Business Marketing Market Essays]
1972 words (5.6 pages)