... middle of paper ...
...d to date. Since their marriage the couple has had 2 kids, a daughter named North and a son named Saint. Both having pasts in show biz the family has become the center of attention on most media outlets. It is very difficult to turn on any gossip news channel and not hear about what his family is doing.
Kanye’s impact on the hip-hop industry is almost unmeasurable, his influences have paved the way for many other artist and many more to come. Kanye brought rap into the mainstream, one article talked about rap before Kanye was on the scene “In the late 90’s to early 2000s, hip-hop was hitting its commercial peak, but unfortunately split down the middle. You were either a gangster rapper or a socially conscious backpacker” (15 ways) Once Kanye dropped The College Dropout it pulled back the divider and all prenotions about rap and what could be said went out the window.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was twelve when I first heard the name “Kanye West”. He was featured in a song I rather liked at the time called “Forever” and whilst discussing the song with my friend one afternoon I remarked: “I like Kayne (pronounced like citizen Kane) West’s verse as well” “It’s pronounced ‘Kan-Ye’’ he corrected me with a chuckle. A year later West popped into my life again. I was talking with my aunt about current events, to the extent a thirteen year old can discuss such a thing, and she asked me with a slightly disarming fervor if I was a Kanye West fan.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout, Thought, Jay-Z]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- “Kanye Ran onto the stage saying, ‘I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!’” (Top 10 Outrageous Kanye West Moments), says Kanye West at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards after Taylor Swift had just won “Best Female Video.” People that are like this have typically not always been this way. They were probably raised as a polite and respectful person before they were exposed to fame and fortune, and other “celebrities,” making them feel like they are the only people on the planet.... [tags: hip hop artist, celebrities, kanye west]
1388 words (4 pages)
- The group I would like to be apart of is G.O.O.D Music. G.O.O.D is an acronym for “Getting out our dreams.” This group is a recording label founded by Kanye West, who is also a music artists signed under G.O.O.D Music. They do have other music artists in the group such as, John Legend, Big Sean and Pusha T. Kanye west is actually the main reason why I would like to join the label. Throughout this paper I 'm going to address who Kanye West is, what I can learn from being in the group, and why I think I fit well with G.O.O.D Music.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout, GOOD Music]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Both songs, “A Tale of 2 Citiez” and “All Falls Down,” describe shortcuts to perceived success. They describe scenarios of young adults trying to obtain what they think success is by obtaining material possessions from taking shortcuts. Even with those descriptions of shortcuts people take, they do not promote the idea of achieving success through the shortcuts of obtaining material possessions to try to show others that they are successful since they both express regret and negative attributes related to those actions.... [tags: Kanye West, Syleena Johnson, The College Dropout]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- The Undeniable Influence of Kanye West Kanye Omari West, an icon of hip-hop, pop culture, fashion and music in general. Kanye Omari West, a person belittled against and a person subjected to a life of racism and hate. Born on June 8th, 1977, Donda West, West’s mother, always knew he was destined for greatness, but did she know her son would turn out to be the Kanye West, a man lacking the respect he deserves for transforming a big part of the music we listen to on this very day. West came onto the scene in the late nineties but didn’t release The College Dropout until 2004, an album that took everybody by surprise.... [tags: Hip Hop Icon, Pop Culture, Fashion, Music]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- ... Rather than allow herself to be assaulted by Gus, she throws herself to her death. A spiral of events occurs which then ends with a state militia (led by the mulatto protégé of a local Congressman) clashes with the Ku Klux Klan (portrayed by the film as heroic figures), with the Klan being ultimately victorious. ((InfoRapid). Although Kanye West did not sexuality abuse a white woman, he did become the victim in an event that lead him to be the most hated person on a television program. Another known fact about the Black Buck is that they reflect white society’s fears about black male power, and the fear that black men might brutalize and rape white women a s retribution against white sla... [tags: sterotype, druckness, outspokenness]
2016 words (5.8 pages)
- “I’m a God” Everybody says who they are and what they are but that’s just being there self and telling others that you are who you are. Kanye West the most influential rapper thinks he is a “god” or tries to connect himself into god. He said he doesn’t have any explanation on it but he said that he is “the number one rapper on this planet” and everybody should respect him. West is also an artist/fashion designer, which he have struggled a lot, he compares himself to Michael Jackson by saying his struggle to break into fashion is like when Michael Jackson was fighting to get his videos on MTV , and he wants to change the whole system of fashion and be the major fashion designer.... [tags: fashion, rapper, songs]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Kanye West has produced works that many interpret as exhibiting the struggle of black identity in the post-modern era. In, Twisted Fantasy he could be interpreted as exploring what is known to the Self in juxtaposition to what is unknown, if the ideas he were presenting were to transcend the disconnected chaos of society. Kanye West is world renowned for his somewhat dark lyrics and the prolific imagery of his music videos. He has always gone for the shock value, in music and the real world. While West presents images that are startling, he is reflecting society with a noticeable lack of original thought while at the same time not addressing root causes for the desolation he portrays.... [tags: Lyrics, Music, Music Videos, Hip Hop]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Rapper, producer, fashion designer, and actor; what does Kanye West not do. Ever since 1999, West has been using the world as his personal show to exploit all his talents. A person like this must have gone to a great university and gotten a great degree. Truth is, he didn’t. Actually, he never even graduated and was automatically considered a dropout who would never make it anywhere. Through College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation, and his personal lifestyle, Kanye West demonstrates that in the 21st century, a self-made man can break the status quo.... [tags: Rapper, Producer, Fashion Designer, Actor]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Singer/Songwriter for this Era He may just seem like another rapper to you but if you actually listen to his lyrics you can see he’s not like any rapper out there. His name is Kanye West and he was born in Chicago Illinois. He grew up in the “ghetto” and learned to appreciate life. He didn’t learn to really, truly appreciate life until October of 2002. Driving back to his hotel late one night after a recording session, the new-coming rap/hip-hop artist was involved in a devastating, near fatal car accident.... [tags: essays research papers]
596 words (1.7 pages)