Over this entire course, we have written around 5 papers. This does not include this paper. Each of these papers were very different from each other. The types of papers varied. There was a new type of paper to write every 2 weeks usually. The papers I wrote were good but had much room for improvement in my opinion. I examined each paper after it was graded and found many mistakes. These mistakes carried onto later papers that I wrote. These mistakes will be addressed within this paper. As I look back at the papers, I notice that I have improved remarkably.
The best piece I believe that I wrote was the Problem/Solution paper. It is not the best grade I have received out of the papers I have written in this course. The paper with best grade was the visual argument advertisement that was written during module 1. This paper is my best piece because I had a lot of passion and care for the topic. I’m very glad I was able to write this paper. The topic I chose to write about was the lack of training within the call center at OSF St. Francis Medical Center. I have been dealing with this problem for the past two years now. This paper allowed me to vent how I deeply I cared about the subject. It was almost therapeutic in an odd way. There is a possibility that I have discovered a way to release some tension, which is through writing. I felt very good with...
... middle of paper ...
...isual argument advertisement and the refutation papers. While completing these papers, I’ve learned a lot about arguing. First thing, I’ve learned that there is a difference between arguing and fighting. Arguing is actually having an intelligent debate where both parties are able to express their sides. Fighting is based off emotion and is very unintelligible. I would rather listen to an argument where both sides can support their claims with evidence than a screaming match. Constructing an argumentative essay is something I am able to do now. This class has taught me how to write proper, intelligent argument papers. I’ve discovered a liking for arguments during the argument portion of the class. It is very enjoyable to watch two sides go at each other with claims that actually have evidence. This was probably one of my favorite aspect to learn and practice in class.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the first semester of my sophomore year wraps up, I begin to realize that I have learned a lot in all of my classes. The class that I learned the most from has definitely been my English 111 course. This class have given me so many opportunities to improve my writing skills. With all of the success I’ve had in this class, I believe I will do just fine with writing later in my life. Over this entire course, we have written around 5 papers. This does not include this paper. Each of these papers were very different from each other.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Better, Writing system]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- At the beginning of this quarter I was worried I was going to struggle with my writing process, because I have never written anything above the high school level, and even then I struggled writing those assignments. From the start of the class to now, the end, I can tell that my writing has improved in vast amounts. In a few months in English with support I have gone from copying essays, which was what I did in high school, to writing my own essays. When this quarter is over I am going to be very proud of how I did.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process, Paper]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Walking myself into this course I was nervous about the class. I was worried about if my time management and the whole English aspect was going to work. English is not my best subject and is one I struggle with. Although as time went by I enjoyed an abundant amount of assignments that were assigned. One assignment that I enjoyed the most was the major paper, Emulate a Writing. The assignment was a struggle but I learned about what I could do with my writing. I surprised myself and didn 't realized how invested I was into the assignment.... [tags: Writing, High school, Paper, Writing process]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- I have always known that writing was not my strong point. Entering writing 101 in September I was very much afraid. I knew that the expectations would be very high for this course; thus it would be more difficult than any other writing class I had previously taken. At first writing was a nightmare for me, but thanks to the assistance from professor Smart and my tutors, I have improved drastically in my writing skills and, as a result I am now a better writer. During the course of four months, I have learned so much.... [tags: essay, paper, outlines, grammar, sources]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- How my Essays Grew English 1113 allowed me to discover many strengths and weaknesses through my writing. After writing what felt like a million essays, I felt accomplished and proud of my writing. The first paper was a solid B, not terrible, but there was definitely room for improvement. My last essay, however, was a high A, a representation of my hard work and effort over the semester. Throughout the 18 weeks of taking English 1113, I wrote stronger formulated theses, composed more detailed outlines, and wrote essays with smoother transitions.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Thesis or dissertation]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Writing is one of the things I considered as daunting. I have always loved reading, analyzing literature and engaging with author’s thoughts and emotions. But I was never good at putting it on a paper. By taking this class, I have learned to appreciate the beauty of not only writing but also improving it. Throughout the coursework, we were given tasks of writing essays on intriguing pieces of work and a research paper. I have greatly sharpened my critical analysis skills and rather than focusing on proposed meanings or biographical background.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Paper, Better]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- In one semester of English 101 I have learned so many things about writing. I used to believe that writing was just putting words on paper, but have since learned that writing is much more than that, I now understand that writing is a way of exploring my mind and of making connections with other writers and readers. Over the course of the semester I have been learning to write in a way that uses the skills of reflection, critical thinking, and much more. I have used these skills to compose two academic essays that I am submitting in a portfolio to determine my final grade in English 101.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Critical thinking, Thought]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- I was always taught one of the best ways to learn how to get better at something is to talk, and learn from someone else who is interested in the same topic. Compare ideas, learn what your good at, and learn what you need to improve on to better your skills. I interviewed my younger sister who is a senior in High School at Gibson Southern High School. She is enrolled in the senior English composition class which is a transfer course that is equivalent to t the he same English course I am taking as a sophomore in college.... [tags: Writing process, Writing, Better, Paper]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- My entire academic life I have found a passion and love for English, particularly writing. In high school I enjoyed writing so much that within my junior and senior year I was constantly taking writing courses to get better and explore my passion for it. Therefore, coming into college and having to write papers every week was not a problem but something I looked forward to doing. I was looking forward to learning new techniques, different essay assignments, and expanding my ideas and mind within English.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Foster care, High school]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- Over the past few months, I have learned several different writing techniques. While all of the different types of papers were difficult to write, I believe that my writing skills have improved. In fact, I did not understand all of the assignments, but I did try to do my best on all of them. While I should have used more transitional words in between sentences and paragraphs, I feel that I learned a great deal. It is true that I have not had very much writing experience and the writing process is difficult for me.... [tags: writing, ]
721 words (2.1 pages)