In order to create an effective essay several components are necessary, but a specific component is knowing the target audience. Without knowing a target audience I cannot write an essay with the proper tone and language. Using the correct terms and jargon are crucial to keep the audience’s attention and poss...
... middle of paper ...
...rifying my supporting sentences. Even though my writing still has areas that need improvement, I have fulfilled the objectives to certain degree. Some of the objectives I only met to a minimum, but those objectives will be fully grasped with further development of my writing. My academic writing has also improved by me taking time to fully understand who my audience will be. I use appropriate tone and language to appeal to my audience, so my thoughts will be understood. Creating an essay that flows with organization and transitional phrases also improves my academic writing by showing I understand what I am writing about. Completing the assignments for English Composition 101 were challenging and sometimes were quite difficult. Nonetheless, I would not have learned how to grow in academic writing without pushing myself to complete the objective for this course.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing is a tool used throughout the world to communicate. It acts as a medium for people to communicate through text rather than vocally. This method of communication is very vital to our world today and has been throughout our history. Writing is used to prepare speeches, give lectures, address large crowds, and even to simply right a research paper. Without this method of communication our world would look a whole lot different. To me writing is a very important aspect of life and I am lucky to have progressed in my writing skills in my first semester of college.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Communication, Academia]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Writing has always been something I have found enjoyment from; sentence structure and grammar being a particular interest of mine. In school, I was quick to catch mistakes in text and was often praised for my ability to string stories together. Closely observing the techniques and styles of authors I admired, I’ve considered myself to be more of an effective emulator of writing than a writer. To me, writing was always a vehicle for artistic expression, and I made a habit of avoiding most non-fictional assignments.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Writing style]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- During this semester, I have done various work such as reading and writing. This work includes reading articles from the book and writing essays. Some of the work I did was a challenge at the beginning, but I was able to persist and overcome those barriers. During the time I been in this class, I have learned many important strategies that have helped me improve in various ways. One major method that has improved my academic skills and quality in education has been the use of the Habits of Mind.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Learning, Writing process]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- The Evolution of an Academic Leaner Highs, lows, and rocky roads define the college journey immaculately. Students find themselves spending late nights and early mornings cramming last-second information for their exams the subsequent day. Between studying and attending classes, college students also must balance their social lives on campus and back home. These highs and lows parallel my journey as a writer and academic learner over the course of this semester. Last year, I sat in my advisor’s office while we planned my schedule for the upcoming semester.... [tags: High school, Writing, Antibiotic resistance]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- In my past experience with learning writing, I can group the ways I have been taught into three categories. I have learned by teaching myself how to write, have learned in an academic setting, and have learned through hands-on experience in a professional setting. The first time that I attempted to write, as I know understand it, was for the purpose of writing a book. At the time, I was only ten years old, so it wound up being a series of short stories consisting of no more than a few pages each.... [tags: Writing, Writing system, 4th millennium BC]
1460 words (4.2 pages)
- Writing Process Challenges of a Bilingual Student From professional writers to casual writers, they all experience different type of challenges in their writing process; for me, it was a “double whammy” because I am bilingual. I am fluent in English and Spanish. English was my first language as a child. However, it became my second language when my family moved to Puerto Rico for personal reasons; and I started attending school. In other words, all my education has been in Spanish since first grade through second year of college.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Composition studies, Academia]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Writing is a key aspect. It is both encouraged and a resourceful way for displaying and organizing ones information. Writing should be considered a ‘friend’ to whom we turn to when we need assistance. Though, we may not always acknowledge that writing plays a huge role in our lives, it is still highly noted that the writing we do produce benefit not only ourselves but to those around us. We not only provide others with something of value to read, but we also receive more knowledge and feedback with what we have produced.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Future, Present]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- What is Good Writing. Correct spelling and grammar, sentence variety, conciseness, effective paragraphing, do these words sounds familiar. Well those are a few of many other rules that we are taught since we were in school about how to write well. There is nothing wrong about these rules though, however, good writing is more than having correct spelling, grammar, sentence variety, etc. Writing has been part of our lives for centuries and centuries, when people used to write with images because words were unknown.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Alphabet, Paper]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Amelioration of My Academic Qualities (An Evaluation of My Performance This Semester) At the beginning of this semester I set a series of goals for myself. These goals were set up in three main categories; reading, writing and organization. In the reading I stated* that I would read more scientific articles and improve my vocabulary. As far as the writing portion of my objectives, I was to develop my penmanship as well as learn to write a college worth paper. In organization my focus was to use my planner diligently and to always come to class prepared.... [tags: Writing, High school, Better, Learning]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Schools should encourage everyone to pursue their own interests and ideas. Inquiry should not be censored by restricting access to controversial topics. Everyone has a right to express their views privately and publicly without fear of punishment. Parents have a right to discuss their views with their own children and to communicate with the school if they do not agree with what the school is teaching. Academic freedom and freedom of speech are very similar where you have the right to say anything you like with getting in trouble as long as you don’t offend anyone.... [tags: beliefs, communication, learning]
736 words (2.1 pages)