Basketball a sport that is played throughout the whole world. When playing this sport all you need is a ball and basket. Though the basket does have to be a certain height kids play it in their classroom or outside. What I mean by this is that kids and even adults in the office treat a trash can as a basket and whatever their trash is as a ball. I got interested in this sport when I was in middle school in eighth grade moving on to high school. I was never interested in basketball until I played it with a group of kids who today are still my friends.
Basketball kept me and my friends connected we watch it and play it whenever we get the opportunity. When I first started playing basketball I realized it was a tough sport and that many people couldn 't play it. Some kids just had natural talent when it came to playing the sport while others became good because they started playing it at a young age. I on the other hand didn 't know anything about the sport. Though I had never played this sport I was naturally good at it. When it came to tough shots I could pull them off like they were nothing. After that I started playing the sport literally everyday and would watch youtube videos that would show me how to get better than I already was. I learned a lot through through the videos I watched.
When I started high school I wanted to play basketball for the school. I had always heard playing ...
... middle of paper ...
...y for any sport that has a lot of intensity. Weightlifting in basketball usually focuses on your legs. You need strong legs in basketball since that 's the body part you use the most. Squats are one of the best things to do in any sport. Doing squats helps you build your leg muscle by a lot and helps you to get your vertical up as well, which is needed in basketball . Building your upper body is important as well but mostly your legs are all you need, as long as your legs don 't wear out you can keep playing. Your upper body is mostly to focus on your ball handling and shooting if you have these two things down and strong legs you 're a force to be reckoned with. Stretching is a major key all professionals stretch whenever they could so their muscles could relax and aren 't tight during the game. Stretching also avoids major injuries that can occur on a court.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growing up I was a diehard basketball player. I started playing basketball at the age of six years old, and at the time I wasn’t very good. I was made fun of a lot because of my weight and I wasn’t very athletic. From six years old till 10 years old, I was constantly picked on and whenever I played basketball with friends it was the same result. One night I was in my bed and I was looking up the statistics of what it took to play professional basketball. At the time I was still 10 years old and there was nothing more I wanted in my life at the time to be a pro basketball player.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Point guard]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Professional basketball players in todays present day have been paid in the millions ranging from one million up to twenty five million a year. A million dollar is for an average pro basketball player and up to twenty five million for the superstars such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. More players in the NBA are being paid for their performance whereas overseas teams will pay to get any NBA player. Overseas teams will double an NBA player’s salary in order for them to play in their country because it will give them an advantage when they play in their league.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Boston Celtics]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Another person that has influenced me is an entrepreneur and retired professional Hall of Fame basketball player Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is not only a retired professional basketball player that went to the University of North Carolina but he also hosted a numerous of basketball camps to give children the opportunity to live out their dreams. Mr. Jordan stated. “If you 're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I 've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don 't have to stop you.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Josh Selby was the top high school basketball player in the United States, and his future as a professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association looked nothing but promising (Pick 1). The National Basketball Association, also known as the NBA, is the professional basketball league in America and consists of thirty teams. Every year, the NBA Draft takes place, and the thirty teams select players who are eligible for the league. If Selby had been eligible after his senior year of high school, he would have been a top pick.... [tags: Basketball, High school]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- Everyone knows that Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time, and the “Flu Game” is a perfect example as to why Jordan is. He had to battle the flu in a very important playoff game. Michael Jordan had so much ambition and aptitude in him that he was able to battle through it and make the game winning bucket. Jordan is a prime example of a kid working hard to achieve his life goals. Michael Jordan pushed himself to greater heights and this proved to people that he was such a great player.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- With time running out and the game on the line there is only one thing to do, shoot the ball; in basketball there has been many instances of fundamentals and athleticism in which history has been made in the sport itself. Basketball as a sport has gone through many obstacles to actually becoming a serious competitor to baseball, which was bigger than most sports in its era. Basketball has gained recognition worldwide because of its fast tempo game and how it is played. To understand the game of basketball and the journey of becoming what it is today, the history is extremely important.... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith, College basketball]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- The Basketball Association of America came from a league in North America, 1946; being one out of three professional basketball organizations. The Basketball Association of America (BAA) and another basketball organization, National Basketball League (NBL), formed together to become the National Basketball Association (NBA). Surprisingly, they came together after being big rivals, and fighting for three years over who gets the better players and the most fans to watch the action and most likely to see how much profit they can make from the basketball games.... [tags: hoop, national basketball, nba, ]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Why is basketball the most difficult sport allow me to explain. First and foremost it is the most universal sport statistically and consist of 5 difficult task such as passing,rebounding,shooting,dribbling and defense.Along with other factors such as stamina,clutch,tenasity,power and speed. The purpose of rebounding is to successfully gain possession of the basketball after a missed shot or free throw, as it rebounds from the hoop or backboard. This is a important role in the game, as most possessions end when a team misses a shot or turnover.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1041 words (3 pages)
- During my last 3 years of high school I volunteered with a basketball program called the Ottawa Shooting Stars which was the club I played for during my first 3 years playing competitive basketball. The program that the Shooting Stars are running is called Small Ball. It is program for developing skills but mostly for having some fun and introducing young players to the game of basketball. It manly focuses on Fundamentals such as dribbling, shooting, footwork and passing at the most basic level.... [tags: High school, Basketball, College]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Basketball An out-line of the event or sport A brief out line of basketball is it is a game played with a pumped round ball between two teams of five players each on a rectangular court. In professional or minor competition basketball is usually played indoors, but it does not need to be. Each team tries to score by shooting the ball through the other teams goal at each end of the court, above their heads. The goal is a round hoop and net called a basket. The team scoring the most such throws, through field goals or foul shots, wins the game.... [tags: Art]
1903 words (5.4 pages)