As of right now, Mango and Kale are not going to school. However, Mango shared that sticking to her schedule is tiring and difficult when it involves taking Kale with her. Recently, their oldest sister had gotten engaged and had an engagement party that both Mango and Kale did not attend because according to Mango, Kale took so long to get ready. The engagement party was at 3pm, Mango had finished getting herself ready at 1pm and was ready to leave the house early to meet up with her sister. But as Mango was leaving, her mom stopped her and informed her that she had to wait and take Kale with her because the rest of the family was leaving right then and there. Although Mango expressed how annoyed she was then, she did stay and waited for Kale. Before she realized that Kale had taken a little over an hour to shower and then choosing to lounge around the house instead of getting ready, Mango knew at that moment that they were not going to their sister’s engagement party. Mango said she was disappointed in Kale for being this way, but expressed that she was furious with her parents who always do this to her; telling her to wait for her brother at the very last minute because their parents didn’t want to. Later that night as I met up with Mango, I could see the angry coming out of her hand gesture and facial expression as she told me about her day.
• We’re interested in hearing about services (e.g., OT, PT, speech therapy, counseling, medical care, etc.) your child receives. Could you tell me what kind of services your child receives for their special need?
Mango doesn’t recall any services Kale received in the ...
... middle of paper ...
...affected the whole family dynamic. Before, Kale would get upset and easily frustrated about schoolwork, especially if his siblings would tease him about it. Mango states that those moments when her siblings took it as joking around is the cause of why Kale is who he is now, plus other additional factors like not having their parents around. Even so, many years later Kale doesn’t have any close relationship with any of this siblings excepts for Mango. During last year Thanksgiving dinner, Mango shared that Kale refused to be around the family, set alone eat with them. Now, everyone even the siblings who have already moved out of the house have weekly family meetings to discuss about Kale every Saturday night. Mango said their parents have even stopped Mango and her older sister from going to work once on a Friday night because Kale had skipped school and wasn’t home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My behavior change project was attempting to have a more regular sleep schedule. This project was challenging to me because I typically have a hard time falling asleep and waking up, and I usually procrastinate leading to many late nights. I think the biggest challenge that this change presents is slipping up and staying up late or sleeping or napping can mess up your whole cycle of sleeping and take an even longer amount of time to correct. In the beginning keeping track of my sleep felt good because I knew that I was getting enough sleep and it gave me an excuse to stop studying and go to bed.... [tags: Sleep, Circadian rhythm, Sleep disorder]
1033 words (3 pages)
- 4-Day School Schedule, or No The school systems are constantly changing. New ideas are being tossed back and forth between school boards all over the country. Now they’re tossing around the idea of having 4-day school weeks, rather than a normal 5 day school week. Some think it is a terrific idea, saves funding in the educational department. Others think that parents will have issues with it, having to deal with extra childcare cost, also how will the younger children deal with the longer school days.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
714 words (2 pages)
- Introduction the construction industry is notorious of overrunning budget and delays. there are several real life examples of the aforesaid failures. It is argued that planning is the key for success or failure. Eisenhower the former U.S president in his famous quote said "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable". The planning is divided to three levels starting from the strategic planning, tactical planning and operational planning. Organisations' success is dependent of the formulation of good planning and aligning the planning levels from the top all the way down.... [tags: construction industry, planners, projects]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- A Gratifying Schedule for Everyone: An Analysis of February Break Everyone has their own individual opinion about what should be done about February break. Should Westport keep it or say goodbye to the old tradition. If you asked someone like Edward Abbey, He would say it is needed for kids to go travel and see new things. To go have a moment of seclusion from the outside world is what is really needed. He would say that it is a time that students could escape and go to their beautiful place. Whether it is atop a mountain or by the shore in the bahamas every person has that place in their mind of beauty and February break is a time that is needed for them to travel.... [tags: High school, Sleep, College, Weather]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Nowadays, more and more students prefer to choose college to continue their study. Most of the college will help students to decide and arrange their studies for students. Students just need to follow the steps and they can graduate within years and obtain their certificate. From this way, they cannot improve much in their college life. Everything will be spoon-fed and they will still live like their primary schools. College should change their education ways for students to improve and learn more things in their college life.... [tags: Higher Education]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- The resources that can affect the project schedule we look at Meredith and Mantel (2012) description of resources. “The ﬁxed resources might include labor-hours of various types of special professional or technical services, machine-hours of various types of machinery or instrumentation, hours of computing time, specialized locations, and similar scarce resources needed for accomplishing project tasks” (p. 387). All of the resources can cause delays in the schedule, however a few of the examples sound very familiar.... [tags: Project management, Earned value management]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Since the mid-1980s, the modern education reform has been set out to break the longstanding traditions of the education groups which they believed had led to a relaxation of curricular rigor in the schools. These education reform proposals have become a continuous political debate over their effectiveness, utility and necessity of addressing the flaws of the current system. The major debate that has many teaching in arms is the teacher compensation reform, which is also know as single salary schedule.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Certified teacher]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- For managing this project, first we started with the work breakdown structure WBS in order to manage the tasks that are going to be addressed. Therefore, it will be a lot easier to use it to construct the Schedule using Microsoft project (MS Project). So, after the WBS was done putting all the tasks in MS Project was the next step, each main task with their subtasks as shown in figure1. There were 6 main tasks that have to be done to finish this project. So far, two of the three main tasks that had to be done in this semester were 100% completed which were the management task and the Modeling task.... [tags: Project management, Management]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- I was in the farm with Raja as was the schedule of our fieldwork. We had taken the foods for the day time. The sun was very warm and the day was beautiful. Our field was close by small river and we used to bring the water to drink from the other side of the river. There was small bridge over the water. We had been enjoying working together. It had been a while we hadn 't gone to work to the field after we got our little girl Fungma. That was the first day of our life, Raja was looking happy for finding me back on his side to work together.... [tags: Anxiety, Worry, Water, Psychology]
704 words (2 pages)
- Many schools in America today are considering in having a longer schedule. However, having a longer schedule has more negatives than positives. Most parents already have a customized schedule that works with the traditional school schedule. Altering schools’ terms can affect the parents’ optimized day-by-day routines. Parents would have to make major changes to their work schedules. Vacations are shortened resulting in shorter family bonding time. High school students would have conflicts with summer jobs.... [tags: Extended School Schedule]
2037 words (5.8 pages)