Football (soccer) is a game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball that may not be touched with the hands or arms during play except by the goalkeeper. Soccer is generally known as lifestyle to the people of Africa than a sport. Every man or woman can play soccer in Africa. Growing up, for all kids, it was an activity that is done after having lunch or after taking a nap from school. Kids in Africa have a passion for the game that, they do not bother if they can afford a soccer ball, or not, they make their balls out of anything like, plastics, bags, rubber anything that can be kicked is a ball for them. Most importantly, having the talent to play soccer whether as a striker, a midfielder or a defender, it’s known as a gift. My uncles and some of my cousins are playing professional football. They have this great talent which made way for them to be chosen to be part of the Samuel Eto’o’s football school. Samuel Eto’o is a legend in Africa and is also known worldwide, he is known for his talent as one of the best strikers in Spanish countries, Europe and Africa. Personally, playing Football (soccer) is like a hubby to me, that even the weather can’t stop me from going to play Football, whether in winter, autumn, spring of in the hot summer. It has been a part of my life from childhood.
I became very interested in Soccer, because of the way I was brought up at home. In my house I was the only girl, in the house, I grew up with lots of boys, that alone was the only way of interacting fluently with them and as a matter of fact I developed a great love for it. In all this years of playing and watching the game Football, I have noticed some differences, when it comes to th...
... middle of paper ...
...are some great information which I had no idea about despite my love and devotion to soccer. It is always important of dig through the roots of something you like to know the origin, then you can start liking that things the proper way. As it is said “Love is blind”, I am in conformity to this statement because, the love that African kids have for soccer, is indescribable. Based on my research, I have discovered so many vital things about how soccer in South Africa and other African countries changed, this information which I have receives has changes my view of things , in the way that, no matter what the situation may be , It can be change if lonely you persist a bit longer. By acquiring some knowledge about soccer from my Continent, I have develop an even deeper love for the sport.
In conclusion, soccer is the most popular sport around the world, when it comes to
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- INTRO In the U.S soccer or football hasn't caught on quite just yet. Even though the American people have had recent success like in the 2002 World Cup and the 2009 Confederations Cup. Though extremely popular in European countries, soccer took a long time to gain momentum in the United States because Americans put more money and attention into other sports like baseball, football, and basketball. Soccer eventually became popular in the 1970s, but then lost popularity again when the National League went bankrupt.... [tags: world cup, sports, world war II, history]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- Imagine being in a stadium crowded with fans, and cheering on your favorite sports team. People all over the world of all ages enjoy watching and attending sporting events. Although there are many different types of sports, football and soccer are both very popular. While attending one of these two sporting events, viewers will quickly notice the thousands of loyal fans. Soccer is popular internationally while football is highly enjoyed in the United States. These two sports are very different, but do contain some similarities.... [tags: origin, rules, strategies]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Do you want to make 17 million per year. That’s a large sum of money, so much money you don’t know what to do with. Well, 1 job that will allow you to earn all this money is being a professional soccer player. Being a soccer player takes skill so much skill that it could not be taught to you, you must be born with skill. There is one player his name is Cristiano Ronaldo he is 32 and earning 17 Million dollars. He is 32 meaning he won’t be able to play forever and his time is running short. Usually, a Professional soccer player retires when he is forty years old.... [tags: Association football, Football]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- How did Football (soccer) started in Africa. Football (soccer) is a game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball that may not be touched with the hands or arms during play except by the goalkeeper. Soccer is generally known as lifestyle to the people of Africa than a sport. Every man or woman can play soccer in Africa. Growing up, for all kids, it was an activity that is done after having lunch or after taking a nap from school. Kids in Africa have a passion for the game that, they do not bother if they can afford a soccer ball, or not, they make their balls out of anything like, plastics, bags, rubber anything that can be kicked is a ball for them.... [tags: South Africa, Africa, African Union]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- The European Football, or soccer, as Americans call it, is simply known as football. It is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a sphere-shaped ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world’s most popular sport. The game is played on a rectangular field with a goal at each end. The purpose of the game is to score by using any part of the body besides the arms and hands to get the ball into the opposite goal. The goalkeepers are the only players allowed to touch the ball with their hands, while it is in play and then only in their penalty area.... [tags: gameplay, rules, players, equipment]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- FIFA's Not So Objective Role in Football Football has always historically been known as the most played, most loved, and most influential sport in the world. The history of football, which was first played by the ancient Greeks and Romans, is a long one that has played some role in shaping almost every country's culture as we know it today. The game of football is seen by many as a game that has the rare power to bring nations together. Football is a language that every nation can speak, where despite the many differences in cultures between nations; football is a massive part of almost every European, South American, and Asian nation's cultures.... [tags: soccer, international football ]
2872 words (8.2 pages)
- Rolling Motion and Friction Suppose you kick a soccer ball without giving it any spin. Your foot, therefore, gives the ball an initial speed (v) and an initial angular speed of 0. Since grass is not frictionless, the ball initially slides across the field, then starts to rotate and, eventually, starts rolling without slipping. A soccer ball rolls without slipping when its center-of-mass speed equals its angular speed (around its center of mass). OK, now suppose you want to kick the ball so that it immediately starts rolling without slipping.... [tags: physics sport sports soccer football]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- What makes the ball curve: Soccer players can make the ball curve by applying a Force, kicking, to the ball that is not in the center of the ball itself. When the ball is struck on the side by a player the ball spins while it is moving forward. In the case of the picture below, the soccer ball was struck on the right side of the ball and is spinning counter-clockwise. What causes the ball to actually curve in the air is a difference in the pressures on either side of the soccer ball. On the left side of this soccer ball, the air is moving faster, than the right side, relative to the center of the ball.... [tags: physics sport sports soccer football]
703 words (2 pages)
- Physics of the Ball How and where you kick the ball is the most important aspect within the game of soccer. Lets say you kick the ball perfectly giving it no rotation (or spin), this means that you have given the ball a velocity (v) and an initial angular speed of zero. When the ball comes into contact with the ground it will begin to spin because the ground is not frictionless. The soccer ball will eventually begin to roll without slipping, which is when the balls center of mass is equal to its angular speed.... [tags: physics sport sports soccer football]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Football vs. Soccer Athletes who play football share the same goal as athletes who play soccer: score the most goals to win the game. In football, there are two areas on opposite sides of the field where one can score points by bringing the football over the goal line. Soccer shares this same concept by having two nets on opposite sides of the field where one can score a point by kicking the soccer ball into the net. Also, both sports share the concept of having an offense and defense, and both sports each have eleven players on a team on the field at a time.... [tags: Comparison Contrast Essays]
780 words (2.2 pages)