“Live long and prosper,” This popular quote is an example of taking over your life and prospering with good health. You have a chance to extend your life by doing physical exercise. Sitting around and lying on the couch all day will not help your health. Most video games will also contribute to lack of activity. Physical exercise can benefit you in so many ways. For instance, exercise can prevent obesity, make you heart healthy, make you stronger, and several more. If you can exercise, you will be satisfied with the results, such as good health and being strong.
Exercise improves your quality of life. Exercise does many wonders for you like preventing obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States. Exercising can keep that from you. It also keeps you strong and fit, which will help prevent injuries. Exercise can prevent some disabilities as well. Some examples are falls, frailty, and many more. When you exercise regularly, you sleep better, which is good for you. All of these things lead to a longer life. How do these things help you live longer?
There are many people that are disabled because they have weak bones or have crippling pain from arthritis, but exercise can prevent this. “Exercise decreased disability in people across the board; men and women, normal weight and obese people, and those over 70” (Harvard Health Letter, 1997). This proves that exercise decreased disability. “Strength-training exercises, which include lifting weights, taking a Pilates class or doing push-ups and lunges, also help combat debilitating conditions that can make old age miserable for some, such as arthritis and back pain”(Can Exer...
... middle of paper ...
... health and your future because if you do not, then you will regret it in the future.
Mangione, Kathleen KlineMiller, Amy H.Naughton, Irene V. "Cochrane Review: Improving Physical Function And Performance With Progressive Resistance Strength Training In Older Adults." Physical Therapy 90.12 (2010): 1711. MasterFILE Premier. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
"Exercise For What Ails You." Harvard Health Letter 22.5 (1997): 8. MasterFILE Premier. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
“Physical Fitness.”Health.N.p.:Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 2007. 143-49.Print.
FITDAY. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
“Golf helps you live longer.”Northern Territory News (includes Sunday Territorian) n.d.: Newspaper Source. Web. 4 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Exercise Program For Football Circuit Training for Football. Circuit training is a method of training. A circuit usually has 8 to 15 stations, where at each station a different exercise is carried out for a certain amount of time. Circuit training can improve: - muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, aerobic and anaerobic fitness, muscular strength, speed and agility. A circuit-training program may also be designed for a certain sport. Circuits for this purpose will include exercises to improve all the muscles and skills associated with football.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
2732 words (7.8 pages)
- Throughout this investigation, I will be conducting a number of experiments to help solve whether or not heart rate is affected by exercise. My aim is to identify the difference of every volunteer’s heart rate and take down how old they are so I can evaluate whether or not the age of a person make a difference in their bpm (beats per minute). Many people know when you exercise for long periods of time; your breathing becomes more shallow and quick. The main human organ system used when exercising is the respiratory system.... [tags: health, fitness, wellness, exercise physiology]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Floor Exercise Floor exercise is a sequence of tumbles, leaps, and balances, which make a gymnastics performance. No equipment is used, only a mat and open space. At competitions, judges look for good posture, proper technique, continuity, and variety. Floor exercise builds confidence and character. Your self confidence increases as you learn body control. As you become involved you will gain self discipline. You will learn valuable lessons about exercise, eating correctly, and getting the proper amount of rest, leading to a healthy and longer life.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Starting from the first day we enter this world, we begin the process of aging. We start off as babies and progress to toddlers, children, teens, and finally adults. The very first day of our existence our body starts to age. As the body ages it starts to deteriorate. If a person does not take care of their body as they age, it shows that those are the main people that have the most complications later in life. All of these diseases would not be ruining peoples’ lives if they would take better care of themselves.... [tags: health, exercising, lifestyle]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Exercise also helps reduce heart disease, asthma, diabetes, and many other diseases found in the body. (mayoclinic.com) Improving your mood and boosting your energy also comes from exercising. The physical activity activates different chemicals in your brain that makes you happier and more relaxed. When exercise is done regularly, it can also lead to making a person gain more self-esteem and being more confident in appearance. Also, making a person happier and in better moods. (mayoclinic.com) When regular exercise is put into place it develops more muscle in your body and gives you more endurance, this is because your body when you exercise takes oxygen and nutrients around your body a... [tags: good body functioning]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Proper nutrition and exercise is the key to maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. A problem that I am suffering from is obesity, and it has been an issue with my family for generations. By following an eating plan designed specifically for me, I will be capable of progressing toward a healthier weight, and hopefully live a longer life. Also included in my personalized eating and exercise plan, is taking steps to stop smoking which will assist me with meeting my goals of losing weight and improving my health.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Personalized Nutrition and Exercise Plan Personal Nutrition Exercise Plan The major goal in life that will add great health and longevity to one’s life is to have a healthy diet along with the proper amount of physical activity added to it. This is something that I have learned a lot about in this class. Now I am trying to balance my own individual needs with plenty of physical activity which allows me to develop a plan that helps me to maintain a healthy weight and prevents disease from appearing and with an active schedule with school, work, and teenage daughters it could be pretty changing to... [tags: Health]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Program Outline - What training method(s) will you incorporate into your program and why. - Discuss how you will accomplish progressive overload and specificity Within my training program I am going to be looking to improve on the muscular power in my legs. I have chosen to focus on my legs specifically because it will increase my ability in my main sport; soccer. It will help me to excel with my running, kicking and overall give me a more explosive nature on the soccer pitch. And to achieve this success I have chosen three different types of training methods to work on.... [tags: muscles, overload, methods]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- People spend millions of dollars every year on drugs that they are convinced that will help you lose weight, grow hair, reduce stress, anxiety, and plenty of other things. I wish I could have all of the money they have wasted on those products. What if they knew of something that would help them lose weight, improve cardiovascular health, help control stress, help improve muscle, bone, and joint health, benefit diabetic problems, and could do many other things to benefit their health. Exercise is something that is proven to help all of these things, but not a lot of people exercise on a regular basis.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Exercise is not just for Olympic athletes or supermodels. In fact, you're never too unfit, too young or too old to do it. Regardless of your age, gender or role in life, you can benefit from regular physical activity. If you're committed, exercise in combination with a sensible diet can help provide an overall sense of well-being and can even help prevent chronic illness, disability and premature death. Some of the benefits of increased activity are Improved Health, increased efficiency of heart and lungs, reduced cholesterol levels, increased muscle strength, reduced blood pressure, and reduced risk of major illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease, weight l... [tags: Papers]
811 words (2.3 pages)