Fifteen years ago, I planned my own wedding. This was a challenge for my husband and me. At the same time, it was an exciting and important experience in our lives. Our parents and we enjoyed everything in the planning of the wedding. Planning a wedding can seem complicated and stressful, however if you follow three steps, it will be very easy.
First step, set your wedding budget. When you decided to get married, you need to choose the kind and size of ceremony you want to have. For instance, if you want a formal ceremony, it can be necessary that you spend more money than an informal ceremony because you likely use glamorous dresses and elegant decoration. Find out from both sets of parents if or how much they contribute. Also, make a guest list. If you know the number exactly or approximately of guest that you will invite to your wedding, you can calculate the amount of food or drinks for your bridal party, and you can choose a small or big ballroom, or a beach, for example. It Is important too, choose the place you will visit in your honey moon. If you plan this priori, you can save money in tickets and hotel reservation. I think it is very important that you know approximately the amount you have, and you will want to spend in your wedding.
Second step, acquire everything needed for the event. Get shopping and choose your dress. You can choose your wedding dress that you want to use. You should check wedding websites and bridal magazines. Then you start to visit bridal stores for it. You can try many different models and price of dresses. Also, your husband needs to choose his suit. You can buy these, or you can rent it and save money. After choose and order wedding rings. These are very important det...
... middle of paper ...
...nk you can do it, and you will have the best wedding party.
To sum up, wedding is a giant celebration of love. When you decide to be your own wedding planner, according Jen Glantz you are not alone. It is a whole lot of work with endless amounts of decisions, looming deadlines, budgets to manage, and miles-long to- do list to tend to, planning your own wedding is not simple feat, and you might start to become overwhelmed with stress. Take breaks along the way to give yourself breathing room that you have time for it.
Indeed, organizing a wedding can be a long process, but it is not impossible to do. If you decide to be your own wedding planner, the most important thing is that you can have your dreamed wedding, and you can get it following three basic steps: set your wedding budget, acquire everything needed for the event, and tune up details for the wedding party.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Hindu Wedding Day Introduction: A brides wedding day is a day she has dreamed about her whole life and she will remember this day for the rest of her life. There is a lot of effort that goes into planning that special day. You have already found a groom now it’s time to prepare everything else. You need to plan the perfect outfit, make sure the food is perfectly cooked, and you need to make sure every step of the ceremony goes like planned. Hindu wedding are a festival or color and excitement.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Wedding, English-language films]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- What I know and What I Want to Find Out "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Weddings are when two people vow to each other come together, I have been dreaming and planning mine since I was 10 years old. I thought weddings were a celebration and just full of fun, but to get there you have to go through all the planning and the getting ready. Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress, (two of my favorite wedding shows), have taught me a lot about all the different weddings and how they are set up.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Want, English-language films]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- It is very exciting for a couple to prepare their wedding together. The planning process may however become stressful especially if time isn’t on your side. In this case, it is advisable to go for a professional wedding planning for expert help and advice throughout the process. The planner handles the entire process keeping in mind all the personal decisions to be made. For instance, the planner will do various planning activities which include planning for the ceremony, picking ushers and inviting guests among many other things.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding planner]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- You already have married you. It seemed the day would never come, that the organization and planning of details never end, but I will have given the "I do". Everything has been very special, have enjoyed the best day of your life, but now what. I discovered, with the help of the best professionals, the 10 things you must do when the big day pass, 48 hours after the wedding, Aim. 1. Enjoy the wedding night At last the time has come, the celebration ended, he has flown as if it were a dream. Now you can relax, enjoy your company and spend the best night of your life, first as husband and wife, full of hope and happiness.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, White wedding, Skin]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Far too often there is a common misconception that there is no need to hire a wedding planner to assist you on your big day. People believe they’re not necessary anymore because there’s the internet, online wedding websites, Pinterest, etc. and hiring a planner is just an additional expense on the list of costs you are already about to incur. Well, let me start of by saying that contrary to this popular belief, wedding planners are VERY important and TOTALLY worth investing in. Sometimes you can even save money.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Anxiety, 2008 singles]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Perhaps you have always dreamed of a winter wedding, or want to simply be married during the least busy marriage months (see article on how to save for your wedding). Regardless of the reason, winter weddings don’t get enough recognition as they deserve. Sure, it’s colder outside which makes finding the proper dress a little more complicated, but getting married in the winter can be just as romantic – if not more so – as weddings in the hotter months. Below, we will discuss the top 23 winter wedding ideas to ensure you have the winter wedding you most deserve and dream of.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding ring, Engagement ring]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- A Memorable Wedding Many little girls dream of their big fairytale wedding with a prince charming of their own. We all have watched and grown up with the classic Disney movies that not only entertain children, but are influenced by what we see. I am guilty of wanting the fairytale wedding, big puffy gown, sparkles, handsome husband and our happily ever after. But what you don’t see is how much time and energy is put into creating your own fairytale wedding. After many months of planning and preparation for this day I was excited, nervous and anxious to carry on with the day that symbolized a new beginning with the love of my life.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Wedding, Husband]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. I would first like to thank you all for coming today and helping to make Marcus and Adrian's wedding such a memorable and special occasion. Personally, I wish you'd all stayed at home and made my job less nerve wracking. When I was asked to be in the wedding party I decided that I needed to know what the role entailed. I have now read several books, and all of them include a last minute checklist to guarantee a smooth wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Thank you for that welcome, I haven’t had applause like that since Frank’s bachelor party in Angels lap dancing club. Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me I’m Mike, Claire’s Dad and on behalf of my wife Angela and I, I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of our daughter Claire to Frank I would like to welcome Frank’s Mum, Margaret, partner Don, sister Helen and husband Simon as well as all our relatives and friends.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Ladies and Gentlemen, It's time for me to make a speech now and quite frankly, there's not a lot you can do about that. Well, if there's anybody here this evening who feels strangely nervous and apprehensive, it's probably because you just went and married Bill Meyers. Sorry Lacy - It's too late now. You're stuck with him. When it comes to Best Man's speeches there are some things in the interests of good taste, which are better left unsaid.....well, I'm here to say them.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
576 words (1.6 pages)