In How Do You Fuck a Fat Woman? By Kate Harding, she talks about the hatred and negativity fat women encounter from society. According to our society, Harding is considered fat and therefore, she cannot be attractive or loved by anyone. She starts off the article with hateful comments left on her friend 's blogs. “You should consider yourself lucky that some man finds a hideous troll like yourself rape-able,” and “You fat whores would be luck to even get raped by someone” (Harding 68). She goes on to explain that in our society, it has always been believed that a woman’s job is to please a man. Without a man, a woman is nothing. To get a man, you need to be attractive. In society’s eyes, being attractive means being white, thin, blond, and blue eyed. If you don’t meet the standards, you’re ugly. Harding states that in our society today, if you’re an overweight woman, no man will find you attractive or love you. If you do find someone who does, which is rare, there’s something wrong with them (Harding 69). She concludes the article by telling her readers to imagine a world in which women aren’t automatically disqualified from the dating game. A world in which fat women hear men are only interested in thin women and think that’s absurd because that is not close to their experience. She then tells us to imagine a world where someone tells you by being raped, your rapist was doing you a favour. None of this makes sense and this is why there needs to be a change.
I agree with Harding when she talks about how a female’s first job, if not, only job is to be attractive to men. She says “If you were born with a vagina, your primary obligation from the onset of adolescence and well into adult...
... middle of paper ...
...attractive. This goes to show that everyone has different preferences and who one person may find attractive, another person may not. There is no such thing as someone being attractive in everyone’s eyes, however, that is what we are taught to believe. We are taught to believe that being attractive is “an objective assessment, based on a collection of easily identifiable characteristics” (Harding 73). We are taught to believe being skinny, white, able-bodied, blond, and athletic is attractive. You can’t be too athletic though, or else you’ll be perceived as manly. Women have to follow some sort of formula and only then will they be pretty. It shouldn’t be like that. Everybody is beautiful and the only thing important is that you’re happy in your own skin. Our society relies on looks so much and that needs to change. There is so much more to a person than their looks.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cop Tales Therapist Dan: “How are you today?” Me: “I’m good. I have no tickets so I’m undeniably excellent.” Therapist Dan: “What are you signifying by no tickets?” Me: “You know… speeding tickets, court dates, and cop incidents. Don’t you recollect I was going to gab about it in this session?” Therapist Dan: “Well, I was thinking we could talk about you and what’s going on currently.” Me: “I’m paying for this session so I’m picking my cop encounters. Do you want me to shop around?” Therapist Dan: “Fine, have it your way.” October 9, 2006 I steered through Thunderbird and 40th St.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, The Cop, Let's Get It On]
2011 words (5.7 pages)
- “Okay boys we ride in thirty minutes. Get your shit together, then we can roll.” It has been four days, since Ellie’s run in with the stranger. Although there has been no more sighting of her in Comfort Springs. Both Fraggle, and Sundance have continued to ride the streets, and check out the clubs in the hope of finding her. Today, Devils’ Comfort is riding out to Blue River, to talk to Tats. No matter what the police report or Ellie say, Tats and his crew were behind the break-in. “Ready.” Rising from my hunched position next to the hog.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Face, Part of Me]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- “That shit is life and death.” Negan said in a low and menacing tone, stepping closer, closing the space and towering over the woman he had referred to as the ‘Fat Lady’ just a few minutes before. The silence began to wrap around them as he silently began staring down at her, his eyes seeming to burn a hole right through her, for the expression on her face was one of fear and helplessness, knowing fully that in a situation such as this one, there was literally nothing she could do. “Ha-ha, mmm.” Negan said in a low chuckle as he tore his gaze away from her and looked straight above her.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, George Carlin, Matador Records]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- “Because fuck you, that’s why!” “Oh well how can I hope to defend against rhetoric like that.” It’s Friday night, or more likely early Saturday morning, and if they carry on like this they’re going to wake the whole building but Joe doesn’t give a shit. She cusses Webster out as she jams her key into the janky-ass lock that sticks two tries out of three and means they’re probably all gonna burn to death if there’s ever a fire but that’s not even important right now because Webster will not shut up.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Lip, Human leg]
2208 words (6.3 pages)
- “Da fuck y’Know?” TK spat even though the woman was right. It would take more than a bucket of water for him to catch a cold. At most he may have a case of the sniffle for a day, but nothing to put him out of commission if he done the same to someone less sturdy. Still unhappy about his current situation and forceful consciousness. “That where you are [i]wrong[/i] [b]sweetheart[/b]. I am not going to put up with daddy spoil little princess. So we are going to get some shit straight today.” He mock back with the same amount if not more sweet-tone.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- “You crazy bitch. Shut the fuck up!” If I had a dime for every time I’d heard those very words ushered from my step-father’s lips, I would’ve been able to run away to live in Seattle long ago, with more than adequate finances to live off of. But his demand wasn’t directed at me; at least not this time. “I’m crazy?” My mother’s tone was one of fervent disbelief. “I’m not the one acting like an asshole and wrecking the trip for everyone just because it took us longer to find a camp spot than we’d expected.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Mother, Shit]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- What the fuck. Slashing tires. Is this the fucking 1970s. I pace beside my vandalized car, trying and failing to contain my anger. “Who the fuck does Kaitlyn think she is. And Ryan Simms. Of course they make a great couple, they’re both fucking sociopaths!” Aiden walks back towards me from seeing if his car was vandalized, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the dark deserted parking lot since my car alarm automatically turned off a few minutes ago. “Is your car—” “It’s fine,” he cuts me off, walking around my car to inspect it again.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, George Carlin, Cunt]
1391 words (4 pages)
- “You want to tell me why you just ignored her call?” dad asked with a grin as he leaned against the work bench in my shop. “No, not really.” I replied without looking at him. “You haven’t been to a family dinner in weeks, you didn’t come see her off before she left and you just ignored her call. What’s your deal?” “Nothing…fuck!” I threw my shop rag down on the work bench and braced my hands on the edge. I could feel dad staring at me, waiting for me to talk. “We hooked up the night of graduation.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Mother, Debut albums]
1405 words (4 pages)
- Throughout time, there have been many words considered “explicit” in the English language. However, there is one word that stands out from the rest of these bad words, and that word is “fuck.” Not only is this word considered one of the most inappropriate within the English vocabulary, but it is also one of the most diverse and broadly used of the explicit words. In this paper you will learn even though the Merriam-Webster Dictionary only contains two formal definitions of the word fuck, there are many different ways of using this word which has popped up into the mainstream culture of today.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Hippie, Cunt]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- Pain, pleasure, love and hate can all be described by one word - fuck. Normally, fuck is not used in common speech but abundantly present in daily communication. The definition; fuck - [fuhk] (verb) to have sexual intercourse with; to meddle of mess with, slang, used to express anger. Fuck has a variety of meanings, can be used to express multiple emotions, is often observed through recreational communications, and is abundant through literature and history. Although, the Oxford English Dictionary defines fuck as a verb it can also be used as a noun, infix, or interjection depending on context.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Cunt, Sentence]
848 words (2.4 pages)