I have two children one boys that is 6 year old and a girl that is 2 years old. My son is attending first grade, my girl is in a daycare.
2. - How do you find out what is going on at school?
The school provide different ways to maintain in communication about what is going on at school as well in my child’s classroom. The school have a parent board outside of the office, on that board parents can find all the information about the different events that are going on in at school. Also, parents can access the school web-page and find all the events at the calendar. Also the school have set up a phone call system that help parents keep inform about meetings, special events or days that school will be closed through the year. Also I am member of the PTA program, so I receive e-mails about the special fundraising activities and how I can support them and participated. Also my son’s teacher sent weekly letters, informing parents about what the children are learning and any special activity that they may be doing in the classroom. In my son’s classroom we assig a parent who is in charge to send e-mails to all the others parents regarding any activity or volunteer may be need it. I also get in touch with the teacher trough conferences, e-mail, when I go pick up my son or when I have time to do volunteer hours.
3. - What kind of information does the school or teacher provide? Is this enough, ok?
The information that we received from teacher is related to what children are learning in class weekly. Teacher send homework by week and she attaches a letter letting parents know in what area children needs extra support to achieve his goals (math, English, writing). The i...
... middle of paper ...
...nding that happens between parents and teachers at the school? Can you think of a time when this happened and tell me about it (not using names)? How did the problem get addressed or solved?
I have never experience a situation where I have a problem with any teacher. But I feel that one big misunderstanding is related to communication. If teacher and parents since the first day of school stablish an open communication less problems they will face.
22. - What advice do you have for new teachers who want to encourage parent involvement and to work well with parents.
My advice to a new teacher is create relationships with parents at all times. Also, find the best way to communicate with parents, because for some parents work schedule is hard to be involved in children’s education. But the most important advice is that never lost their passion for their profession.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For students of many ages, especially in elementary school there are many ways kids could interpret or understand what they’re supposed to be doing. The ways kids can learn are different from kid to kid. Some kids can learn any way there is not a specific one they relate most to. Although, many kids learn best by doing it one way over the others. The ways they can learn is by seeing it being done, which is visually; having it told to them, which is auditorial; by touch, which is tactile; or by doing and moving, which is kinesthetic.... [tags: Kinesthetic learning, Education, Auditory learning]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- Introduction The Topic I decided on is the socialization of children with no siblings versus the socialization of children with multiple siblings. The first question i had was is there a big difference in which children with siblings and children without siblings mature with their socialization. I investigated whether or not the more siblings you have affects your ability to socialize as you mature. I feel it is important to examine this issue because people are not aware how many children they have can affect how there child socializes with others.... [tags: socialization of kids ]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- ... The Kids Patch provide Child Care Benefit (CCB) is a payment from the Australian Government that helps parents and carers with the cost of child care to receive CCB you must fill out forms that The Kids Patch provide as they must be checked and approved. You may choose to receive CCB as an annual lump sum payment or as reduced child care fees throughout the year.To be eligible for CCB you as a parent or guardian, The Kids Patch make sure you have meet the following requirements:you have a child in your care who meets the immunisation requirements you or your partner (if you have one) meet residency requirements your child attends CCB approved or registered care you have the liability to... [tags: government assistance, children]
1416 words (4 pages)
- The current generation of children is completely different from the preceding ones. They are living in the digital age. “Technology has blended in with daily activity to become a way of life and children today take for granted all of which is automated. It is hard for kids today to imagine a world that existed without all of the gadgets, electronics and seamless operations that computer technology provides.” (Goessl) “Children in the United States devote some 40 hours a week to television, video games and the Internet.” (Kalb, Raymond and Adams) Many psychologists and researchers are concerned about the impact that technology may have on children.... [tags: Technology Is Hurting Children]
1920 words (5.5 pages)
- Suicide and Children Suicide has become much more common in children than it used to be. For children under age 15, about 1-2 out of every 100,000 children will commit suicide. For those 15-19, about 11 out of 100,000 will commit suicide. These are statistics for children in the USA. Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death for children ages 10-14 and the third leading cause of death for teenagers 15-19. Recent evidence suggests it is the lack of substance abuse, guns, and relationship problems in younger children which accounts for the lower suicide rates in this group.... [tags: Children Kids Suicide Killing Essays]
2138 words (6.1 pages)
- It is unbelievable how marketers are luring into the kids’ fresh mind and use it against their favor and their parents’ as well. When it comes to consuming kids, marketers are over doing it lately with children being there number one target as consumers. Not only is it wrong to advertised to little innocents who can’t tell the difference between wants and needs or when someone means harm to them, but also marketers are making it impossible for parents to be able to control what is being shown and advertised to their children and have little saying on whether they can afford it or want their kids to own such products.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Child, Dora the Explorer]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- The land of the free, brave and consumerism is what the United States has become today. The marketing industry is exploiting children through advertisement, which is ridiculously unfair to children. We are around advertisement and marketing where ever we go; at times, we don't even notice that we are being targeted to spend our money. As a matter of fact, we live to buy; we need and want things constantly, and it will never stop. The film, Consuming Kids , written by Adriana Barbaro and directed by Jeremy Earp, highlights children as this powerful demographic, with billions of dollars in buying power, but the lack of understanding of marketers’ aggressive strategies.... [tags: consumerism, advertisement]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- 80 million that is the number of children in the US that are from ages 0 to 18. 80 million children waiting to blossom, bloom and to be engaged, to be seen and to be known and to be put into play. What is our vision for American kids. We hardly ever talk about that. Is the vision to keep them safe and out of trouble, is the vision to keep them in school, but those are all management and control ideas, not very compelling. What is our vision for kids. The speaker loves to go around and interview people, he likes to ask adults what is your highest aspiration for kids.... [tags: High school, Meaning of life, Middle school]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Why exercise....we are kids. Advantages of exercising Exercise is a must for all age groups. It is essential for kids. Exercise makes them grow into a healthy active child. It becomes a habit when encouraged and taught by parents and teachers. Habits learnt at childhood usually sticks on into adulthood having a positive overall effect emotionally, physically and mentally. Simple, moderate and vigorous exercises are the basic kinds. Kids of all ages need to exercise. Kids exercise just by playing games such as soccer, basket-ball, cricket, tennis or even playing a game of hide and seek.... [tags: activities, health, fitness]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Parked Cars Can Be Death Traps for Kids Imagine sitting in a hospital waiting room anticipating the results of the tests being run on your only child. You were lucky though; at least he is alive. You had no idea that he was in your car. You can not imagine how traumatic it could have been for him to be trapped in his own car. Finally the doctors come to tell you the news. He has brain damage, and he will never fully recover. He may never walk again and he will never live the life of a normal child.... [tags: Safety Death Children Essays]
1336 words (3.8 pages)