Children today, have substantially less physical activity than in previous generations leading to academic under performance, obesity,...
... middle of paper ...
I am specifically applying to the specialization in Mind, Brain, and Teaching because it aligns with both my past work experience and significant problem of practice in unexpected ways. As a gymnastics coach I plan on starting a global conversation about innovation in education by pairing a unique background in movement with highly specialized knowledge of education, informed by the brain sciences. I believe mind-body teaching techniques can be woven into every aspect of education throughout the school day, providing sensory-rich environments that enable understanding to arise organically and create the solid neurological connections needed over a lifetime. By furthering my education with this blended degree I will have the solid theoretical foundation and technical understanding that is necessary to spark creative change in the education system.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Gymnasts use physics everyday. As a gymnast I never realized how much physics went into every motion, every back handspring, every mistake on the bars. If gymnasts were physicists (or at least knew more about physics) they would be better equipped to handle the difficult aspects of gymnastics. As a gymnast I learned the motions that were necessary to complete the tricks that I was working on, and as a coach I taught others the same. I never truly understood why a particular angle gave me a better back handspring or why the angle that I hit a springboard at really mattered when completing a vault.... [tags: physics sport sports gymnast gymnastics]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- People are constantly setting goals for themselves in hopes of changing their life or just looking to start something new. Obviously time is a big factor as to when those dreams will come true and how those goals will be achieved, but I know for athletes, it is tough playing their last game and eventually hanging the jersey up. And a common goal that athletes have after kissing that jersey goodbye is to become a coach. After all the years of playing sports and being a part of club teams, can be tiring and too much in the moment, but in the end, after all is said and done, many athletes wish they could go back and play one more game.... [tags: Coaching, Coach]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Do you want to... Improve your self-confidence. Enhance your relationships. Evolve to the highest and best version of you. Achieve your goals faster. Improve your work-life balance. Then life coaching might be for you. The benefits of using a coach extend far beyond acquiring a new lens in which to view challenges. Coaching clients gain deeper awareness and new levels of understanding. These are not one-time events, but life-changing perspectives that become embedded in the client 's way of thinking.... [tags: Coaching, Coach, Life coaching]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- If you 've found this article from a Google search, I assume that you are already familiar with what a life coach is. Even if you are, reading my article "What is a Life Coach" will provide you with valuable information on what exactly a life coach does, how coaching contracts work, what typical coaching formats look like and how you might want to focus your business as you consider becoming a coach. This article is geared towards the logistics on what you can do to become a life coach and start your own business.... [tags: Coaching, Coach, Management consulting]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- If you have been searching the internet for something, you will usually end up with a life coach site popping up in your results at some point. Life Coaching has evolved over the years and continues to change and grow - but what is life coaching, how do you choose a life coach, and what should you be aware of. Life Coaching Past: Life Coaching really emerged, noticeably, about 10 years ago. Most life coaching was advertised as Executive Coaching or Leadership Coaching and they were usually hired by corporations for staff or individual training.... [tags: Coaching, Coach, Life coaching, Leadership]
2447 words (7 pages)
- Gymnastics is considered by most to be one of the top 3 hardest sports in existence. There are aspects of the sport of gymnastics that exceed all other sports. The strength, flexibility, speed, power, and the intense training and competition all play factors in what make gymnastics so difficult. This sport requires as much or more than most other collegiate athletes while the teams receive much less money than that of a football team. The first point will introduce the massive benefits of gymnastics such as increasing bone mineral density and lean tissue in the body.... [tags: Gymnast Bodies, Injuries]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- What is Gymnastics. Have you ever watched the Olympics and been in awe by the males and females that do flips on the floor, or watch people tumble on sliver of wood. That awesome sport is called gymnastics. Let’s first take it back to when gymnastics really started. Gymnastics is the world's oldest sport. It was developed in Australia. The first national competition was in the 1950’s for the Olympics. It has been a competitive sport for more than 100 years. Gymnastics is an active sport in which people move their body smoothly and gracefully.... [tags: olympic sports]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- From Baseball to Gymnastics Have you ever played baseball before. Is it just another sport to you. Well I have, and in the beginning it was just a sport to me. I remember as a young boy playing ball in the fields with only a few friends. Pretty much all we needed to play the game was a pitcher, a batter, and a fielder. The other players were mainly my brother Keith and a few neighbors around the block. Of course I was the youngest and the smallest, but this didn’t seem to bother them. We also played many other sports but baseball was my field of expertise.... [tags: Personal Narrative Sports Athletics Essays]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- I had been running track all through high school and was just about to start my senior season. I had never been great, but good enough to make states last year in the middle distances. Up until this year our only coaches were your typical, out of shape, over the hill, middle aged women who only coached track because they were either mean old biddies who liked to boss around young women or were athletes themselves before they let themselves go and now wanted to relive their fantasies of victory through our hard work and sweat.... [tags: essays research papers]
12254 words (35 pages)
- Gymnastics is a sport that requires strength, flexibility, dedication, and determination. However, gymnastics also requires the ability to be graceful and delicate. For many years people have been dedicating themselves to this sport, training for either artistic or rhythmic gymnastics. The sport of gymnastics has been around for many years. Originating around 2,500 years ago makes it one of the oldest sports. People believe that the first "apparatus" used was actually a bull. Men would grab onto the bull's horns and when they were thrown in the air they would try to perform the best stunt before landing (Gutman, 1).... [tags: Sports, Oldest Sports]
1019 words (2.9 pages)