The very first iPhone was announced by the founder of Apple, Steve Jobs, in 2007. His vision was to reinvent the phone. iPhones have revolutionized smartphones and have shaped the cell phone industry into what it is today. On January 9, 2007, Steve Jobs put together an incredible keynote presentation. He stated that he would be “introducing a wide-screen ipod with touch controls, a revolutionary mobile phone, and a breakthrough Internet device” (Ritchie, 2015). The audience assumed that this meant that Mr. Jobs would be launching three separate devices. However, it was only one device, the iPhone. Within the past 7 years, Apple has been able to tweak its iPhones by incorporating major redesigns. These redesigns use combinations of metal, plastic, and glass to form what a modern smartphone should look like. By incorporating these redesigns, Apple has been able to prosper and stay ahead of their competitors.
The very first iPhone, the iPhone 3, was released on June 29, 2007. When this phone released, it was only available on a first come first serve basis with a limitation of two phones per customer.  The trademark for this phone and future iPhone developments was its home button. The iPhone 3 was completely touchscreen (other than the home button), had a metal rear casing, a 3.5-inch display, and was initially the foundation for future modern smartphones to come.  Apple was proud to announce that on September 10, 2007, 74 days after its release the iPhone 3 sold its 1 millionth phone.  iPhone was included in TIMEs All Time 100 Greatest and Most Influential Gadgets where TIME honored this original phone, not its latest model, for “the way it rocked the mobile-phone industry” (8 Years of the iPho...
... middle of paper ...
An interesting fact that a lot of consumers are not aware of is the contract that Apple signed. This was a four year contract with the phone company AT&T. Their contract consisted of AT&T being the only carrier to carry iPhones. However, on February 10, 2011 Apple resigns from the contract and launches with Verizon who is the largest carrier in the United States. By April 12, 2013, the iPhone also became available under the T-Mobile carrier which marked the start of all major United States carriers selling iPhones. 
“Apple’s iPhone has been a popular and highly coveted device since its original launch” (Interesting Facts and Statistics About iPhones and iPhone Owners, 2013). Between October and December of 2014, Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones and generated $18 billion in quarterly profits making this the most ever for a corporation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The phones share many similar capabilities which offer the owner a multitude of options to enjoy their phone and express themselves. The phones can of course text and call, and they have emojis (a small digital image) which are used to express emotions or just to change up texts, but the iPhone goes even further and adds other options such as allowing the user to send drawings and video messages that can be easily searched from the internet. Each phone offers a wide selection of apps from their application stores which are very similar.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, Motorola, IPhone]
1054 words (3 pages)
- The first cell phone call was made on April 19, 1973 by Motorola employee Martin Cooper, since every year cell phones is getting more advanced and better at times. When the cell phone was first manufactured I don’t think Martin Cooper, had in mind what wild, astounding, idea he had brought to the light, and how much the cell phone would evolve over the years. The two powerhouse companies responsible for most of the cell phones that are circulating in the world Samsung & Apple, these two companies history don’t date back that far, but they have sued, clashed, and tried to outsmart each other numerous amount of time.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., Mobile phone, Motorola]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- ... For simplicity, I will cover only iOS phones versus Android phones. Both have many types of smartphones that run on these operating systems, but many in-system differences are negligible. For starters, Android phones are the cheaper option. Many phones are available for free with a plan from a carrier company, and, unlike Apple, Google doesn’t release a new cell phone every 6 months, which keeps cell phones from becoming obsolete every six months, and users can save their money and avoid having to relearn how a new phone works every time there’s a new possible innovation.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, IPhone, Motorola]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Apple Inc. is one of the most iconic brands of modern times. Scores of individuals own Apple products and just as many more individuals profess loyalty to the brand founded by Steven Wozniak and Steven Jobs in 1976 (Gamble & Thompson, 2011). Analysis of the study presents areas for opportunities and options for change. The analysis presented will offer insight into the strategy employed by the company in 2009 as well as a SWOT analysis of the company, in general. The analysis will expose details of Apple’s plans and offer possible options to entertain in the company’s future.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPod, IPhone, IPod Nano]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- ... Apple Inc. is a technology company based in Cupertino, California, and designs and markets some of the best software, personal computers, handheld tablets, smart devices like; watches, cell phones and television products (Biography.com, 2015). The company was founded in 1976 by two people, twenty one year old Steven Paul Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Both Steve’s met at a homebrew computer club in California. Mr. Wozniak made his first computer that resembled a typewriter and had the ability to connect to a television to be used as a monitor.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone]
704 words (2 pages)
- In this day and age, cellphones are for more than just calling. People use them to surf the web or play games or to interact with others on social media. But there are growing concerns that maybe too much time is spent on a phone or in front of a screen. For many people, as soon as they feel their phone vibrate in their pocket or hear their notification ringtone, they, without a second thought, reach for their phone and check out what the notification is for. Many people say that phones provide a way to stay connected, while others say that phones provide us with a constant stream of information.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Personal digital assistant]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- ME 333 Section A Dr. Bednarz Group 5: Steve Jobs Brittney Fisher – Magic Mouse Paul Rochelle - iPod Hussam Noor – Retina Display Autumn Werner – USB Adaptor Steve Jobs is revered for revolutionizing the cell phone. His ideas propelled Apple to become a leader in technological innovation. Steve Jobs was a brilliant inventor, entrepreneur, and leader. His passion was evident in his inventions. His ideas never ceased to amaze apple and society as a whole. The juxtaposition of time before the iPhone and time after speaks volumes on his impact to society.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., IPod, IPhone]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- Smart phone is defined as an “internet-capable phone that usually also includes a calendar, an appointment book, and an address book, a calculator, a notepad, games, browser, and numerous other apps” (Vermaat, 2016). The telephone was invented in 1789 by Alexander bell and was a very simple tool at the time. “People didn 't start using the term "Smartphone" until 1995, but the first true smart phone actually made it debut three years earlier in1992. It was called the Simon Personal Communicator, and it was created by IBM more than 15 years before Apple released the iPhone”.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Smartphone]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction: With the very high demand in the market place for a musical device called the IPod, it’s no surprise that the IPhone, a hybrid of a phone and music device that it will be a big hit in the market place. This highly anticipated electronic trend setter had thousands of people waiting in line at the apple store in New York, and all over the country trying to get their hands on this iPhone. The IPod combined with a Phone, gives birth to this amazing product which has the following features: a 3.5 inch touch screen (the largest of all smart phones), Wi-Fi connectivity, the most usage time of all smart phones, i.e.... [tags: Technology Smart Phone Apple]
1754 words (5 pages)
- Apple Inc. I am going to start off by going into a little bit of history about apple and how it has grown over the past 10 years or so, I am also going to talk about some new products from Apple such as Apple TV and the iphone, as well as the name change, and the new direction they have chosen to take with their marketing and what it has helped them accomplish over the past couple of years. Apple Inc. has come a long way from what it used to be. The computer market has always been a PC based system being mainly pushed by the Microsoft software platform.... [tags: Macintosh Apple Business Analysis Strategy]
1184 words (3.4 pages)