They wanted to try and introduce the product into two different markets: the industrial and business markets. They had a potential market size of 7 million vehicles and they want to market to the snow belt of America. The snow-belt represents about 50% of the nation. With that being said, the snow-belt market size would be 3.5 million vehicles. As a basis for forecasting the products sales, Webster had reviewed a study about winter driving habits of U.S. drivers. This study indicated that 18% of the cars in the snow-belt area got stuck at least 1 time during the winter. It also indicated that the average driver got stuck 1.6 times per winter. He knew that the study was several years old so he expected those numbers to be higher because of the increase in the production of smaller, lighter cars.
We know that it was going to be expensive to produce the product but we are confident that no matter the cost of production, our sales would greatly succeed the cost. The cost of producing a 5 oz. can was about 75 to 80 cents if they can produce 100,000 per month. If we were to produce 50,000 cans per month, that cost would rise by 5 to 10 cents per can. A 10 oz. can would cost about 25% more than a 5 oz. can would to produce. With those numbers, 100,000 5 oz. cans would cost us about $900,000-$960,000 per year to produce. 50,000 5 oz. cans would cost us $750,000. 100,000 10 oz. cans would cost us $1.125M-$1.2M a year...
... middle of paper ...
...other way for us to introduce our product can be through the car rental industry. We can use our salesforce to make calls to corporate offices in the snow-belt. Since our product is going to be very inexpensive, we can offer the company some samples. If all goes well, we will then negotiate a price to have Tiger Tread available to all of their customers. This would be a great way for the car rental companies to up-sell the product as well as a great way for us to introduce the product to households. Overall it would be a win-win for us and the car rental company.
By following the strategy that I have given, we can monitor the sale of our product. Once we see an increase in revenue, we can increase our advertising campaign to directly penetrate household markets through TV and/or radio. All of these numbers and strategies seem to line up for a successful product.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- emerging or new market. It can originate from new technology or new market opportunities (Eliashberg, J., Lilien, G. L., & Rao, V. R. 1997). Literature defines product development as exploiting an untapped market opportunity and turning it into a value product for customer satisfaction. Development and introduction of a new product requires extensive research on understanding customer needs, market structure, emerging trends and analysing the internal & external competitive market environments. To evaluate customer satisfaction previous researches provide strong relationship between customer satisfaction and product quality, product features and value for money.... [tags: Marketing, New product development]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
Nordstrom : A Market Segment, Targeting, Managing The Crm, And Identifying New Product Development Opportunities
- Milestone Three consists of the following: identifying your market segment, targeting that segment, managing the CRM, and identifying new product development opportunities 1. Divide your target market into segments. Address how the markets will be segmented and how the CRM will allow you to retain your segmented markets. Nordstrom segments are broken down into preference segments. There are three segments that Nordstrom has containing the following: homogeneous, diffused, and clustered. Homogeneous is a market with no natural segments.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, New product development]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- 1. Introduction 1.1 High Value of Skin-Care in China The skin-care industry is worth a whopping $24 billion in the $160 billion dollar beauty industry (“Pots of Promise”, 2003). In China, the Chinese place a high value on beauty and skin-care because they fear ageing (Lin, 2013). Because of this and the growing incomes of the Chinese in China, the skin-care industry is doing extremely well in China where ‘skin care represents 40 per cent of the cosmetics and toiletries market’ (Mobius, 2013, para.... [tags: beauty, Nivea, Europe, market, anti-aging product]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- Intro: In this unit I will be analysing the different marketing techniques that are used in businesses, in this case Tesco and Uber, and I will be also researching how these companies use the market to their advantage and try beating competitors. Ansoff’s Product Matrix: This consists of four sections which include Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Development and Diversification. As you can see on the table there are 4 potential outcomes when using the Ansoff’s Matrix which include ‘Existing Product’ and ‘Existing Markets’, which are not risky at all, or there is the option of joining a ‘New Market’ and creating a ‘New Product’, which are high risk high reward methods usually... [tags: Marketing, New product development]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- The product is a nutrient supplement curd called ‘Nutri Curd’ for the BOP market, specifically Uttar Pradesh. • Nutri Curd is high in Vitamin A and Iodine as a large per cent of the population in Uttar Pradesh, specifically Meerut has displayed deficiency in children and adults. • Curd will be sold in PP Cups, which are easy to use and dispose. • Nutri Curd will be sold in cups of 50gms at a cost of Rs.7. This eradicates the absence of refrigerators as 50gms can be consumed at one go. • Nutri Curd is also available in poly packs of 200gms at Rs.... [tags: The Bottom of Pyramid Strategy]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- New product development is the process of introducing a diverse product in the existing, emerging or new market. It can originate from new technology or new market opportunities (Eliashberg, J., Lilien, G. L., & Rao, V. R. 1997). Literature defines product development as exploiting an untapped market opportunity and turning it into a value product for customer satisfaction. Development and introduction of a new product requires extensive research on understanding customer needs, market structure, emerging trends and analysing the internal & external competitive market environments.... [tags: Marketing, New product development]
1953 words (5.6 pages)
- There are many ways for the product manager (PM) to gather information on their way to creating a successful business plan to present to upper management to justify the funds and support for new product initiatives, projects and activities. The research methodologies of quantitative, qualitative and experimental research are important processes to assess, identify and refine the many variables which help define the path to decision-making for new product development, product lines and product portfolios.... [tags: product management]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- A product is anything that can be offered to the market in order to satisfy a want or need. Products include physical goods, services, experiences, events, persons, places, properties, organsiations, information and ideas. Therefore, it is a combination of products and service that are offered to consumers. For example, an individual might purchase a car and receive a significant amount of added after sale service. The two different aspects make up the product being offered to the consumer. A product can be described as tangible, physical entity that can be bought or sold.... [tags: Marketing, Target audience, Target market]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Nowadays, innovation and new product development (NPD) could be considered as an effective strategy for organisations to gain high competitive advantages over its competitor. This strategy has supported companies to satisfy customer requirements individually. Nevertheless, it could also create the challenges as well as the risks which could support or hinder the achievement of companies (Bolumole et al., 2014). This paper will discuss on the challenges of new products and services development. It would also illustrate the challenges and risks associated with developing new products and services.... [tags: Innovation, New product development, Revenue]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- My innovative business idea concerns the introduction of a new product in the market which is aimed at reducing the deaths of American soldiers during war together with other innocent civilians. The product shall be marketed under the brand name “Sham-lethal detector”. A lot of research will be put in the development of the device which utilizes the latest technology. In addition, the product will not only be able to detect explosive devices but also landmines that are mostly found in war torn areas especially Iraq and Afghanistan.... [tags: Business Product Development]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- How Iodine-131 Works in Everyday Applications
- Liberalism and Globalization
- Save the Environment - Use Low-Carbon Fuel!
- Ethics in Computer Forensics
- Intertwined Works Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller and American Beauty by Sam Mendez
- Reinvention Leads to Succes in the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald