One way that encourages people through depression is formed by songs. A song can derive from any place, anytime, and to any person. You only need to be living and breathing, and without knowing an experience of great hurt or joy can bring a tune followed by words of expression. It’s been said by many people that if you keep on living, you will encounter great tribulation and small raise of joy. Karen L. Swartz, the writer of Depression Music Therapy, explains how music therapy can help depression that is living within a human. Swartz mentioned that “Playing an instrument, for example, allows depressed people to express themselves nonverbally when they can 't easily talk about how they feel” (web). Relaxed music such as soothing sounds, help let go of troubling feelings and situations. In all of my novel readings thus far, the bible story of Saul and David has truly convinced me of the power and ability that ...
... middle of paper ...
...use it arise my mood and make me forget about what has occurred in life. When all three art combine together, people couldn’t tell that I would be facing a depression stage because all three forms of art brings back fulfillment and my joyful spirit to my soul. Knowing that I have the power to encounter the three art, I am stronger than ever because I have power to express what I have been feeling through song, dance, and movies.
In conclusion, it is an awesome time to be alive with some many great genres through dance, songs, movies, and more as well as the expression that comes with each form of art. When I think about what life would be without the expression of movies, dance, and songs, there will be a major lack of growth and development in my life, leaving me incapable of sharing with others how a song or movie gives me hope to go on to endure another day.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Art is a form of human expression. Art can be seen as the artist sleight of hand on his mood. Art is in various media from posters to public wall of which we call “graffiti”. Art is elusive as the use of colors shapes and the surface used adds a new dimension. Art portrays various ideas, feelings such as triumph, love, happiness, sorrow and boredom in loss to mention a few. Art is beauty and creativity. During man’s evolution art has progressed over in its most primitive state up to its most modernized versions today.... [tags: art, history,]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- Art is a form of creative expression in once unique innovative form. This form can be looked upon in various ways. While, art may come in multiple forms by articulating its solitary purpose. As it has been understood that, individuals receive comfort from art either by creating it or as an alternative by assembling it. In addition to, in today’s society, the purpose of art serves as historical momentum. This helps us to look back in history and makes us able to distinguish if a collector of artifacts is different than an artist or they both serve the same purpose.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Transgender]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Chapter Ten: The Experiment of Caricature, Art and Illusion by E.H Gombrich In Chapter Ten the author expands upon how the conventions of the teachings of the academies transcribed into much more than that. This chapter tries to reveal the process or experimentation into the discoveries of expression that has helped transcend art through its fruition. There was now a movement that garnered further than that of Rembrandt, and John Constable, allowing budding artists to derive their perspective of expression away from nature.... [tags: Art]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- The designer that I have decided to compare my work to is named David Bailey. He works for Mount Pleasant, which is an illustration/design firm operated out of Manchester, England. Bailey creates posters, album artwork, comics, and personal work (http://www.itsmountpleasant.com/). The poster was created for the Melvins, a punk band originating during the mid-1980s (http://www.themelvins.net/atb.shtml), and their European tour in 2008. He says that he made the letters look slimy because he thought the Melvins sounded like slime (Fingerprint).... [tags: Art]
687 words (2 pages)
- Within non-directive and directive routes, there are many different methods involved in art therapy. Painting is the most popular method that is used for art therapy. The Counseling Directory explains, “Putting paint on paper is one of the purest forms of art and allows you an immense amount of freedom” (Art Therapy). Painting gives patients freedom even though a blank canvas can be frightening at first (Art Therapy). Using a media such as paint gives children the ability to use a wide variety of colors to express their emotions.... [tags: Art, Music, Arts, Art therapy]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- The arts are everywhere in our lives and have always been an important part of human daily experiences. The arts also are an enormous economic force in our world from fashion to design to the entertainment business; all are multibillion-dollar industries. Numerous studies have shown a positive correlation between a balanced and comprehensive education in the arts and high student standardized tests. A comprehensive arts education program helps students develop self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperative skills and self-motivation, all of which are necessary to be successful in life.... [tags: Art Education ]
1394 words (4 pages)
- Art has been around ever since humans came to be on the earth. Some examples of the oldest recorded art in the world are prehistoric cave paintings, which were painted on cave walls thousands of years ago. These cave paintings were used to communicate and record the stories of the artists. The paintings themselves may have been extremely simple, but they still got the message across. Communication is just one of the many uses of art. Art can be used for virtually anything from therapy to entertainment, and that is because almost everybody enjoys some form of art.... [tags: Art History, Effects on the Brain]
2195 words (6.3 pages)
- Art therapy allows feelings to be expressed through art. Like regular therapy, art therapy might not be for everyone. Art therapy uses both artistic and therapeutic techniques to provide clients with a way to express themselves through their work. Art therapy is used in many places and provides benefits for those who participate. It is important to implement art therapy into everyday life because it will allow one to find themselves. The first person to refer to therapeutic applications of art was Adrian Hill, in England, while being treated for tuberculosis.... [tags: Art Therapy Activities]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction Many say that art is just a work of creativity. However, it is much more than that. Art can help people in many ways because it raises self-esteem, helps with mental disorders, and it can work as a very powerful therapy method. Art Therapy isn’t all about creativity. It can sometimes help more than actual face to face therapy. It tends to feel less intimidating. Does Art Help with Self-Consciousness. One issue many people, especially girls, struggle with is self-esteem.... [tags: Art Therapy Essays]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- A Hobby or a Way of Life Religion and tradition are two ways that families come together. However in Norman Maclean’s novella, A River Runs Through It, the Maclean family’s devotion to their Presbyterian religion and their tradition of fly-fishing is what undeniably brought the family together. Under the father’s strict Presbyterian values, his sons, Norman and Paul used fly-fishing as the link that brought them closer together and helped them bond with their father on a different level. The family’s hobby of fly-fishing was started just for fun.... [tags: Maclean River Through Literature Analysis]
1318 words (3.8 pages)