One of the biggest issues facing us right now is global warming. Its effects on animals and on agriculture are indeed frightening and the effects on the human population are even scarier. The facts about global warming are often debated in politics and the media. Unfortunately, even if we disagree about the causes, global warming effects are real, global and measurable. The causes are mainly from us, the human race and the effects on us will be even more severe.
Global warming is the result of increase in the earth 's average surface temperature due to greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane (Abdul.) These gases are required for the presence of human life on earth (Abdul.) Global warming has emerged as one the biggest environmental issue in the last two decades (Abdul.)
The consumption of fossil fuels in the last few decades has contributed much to the degradation of our environment (James.) Global warming, climate change, extinction of wildlife species, depletion of the ozone layer and increase in air pollution are few of the problems from which our environment is suffering (James.)
According to Environmental Protection Agency reports, the earth 's temperature has increased by 0.8 degrees Celsius over the past century (James.) More than half of this increase has happened in the last 25 years (James.) It seems that the temperature is rising at a rate faster than ever before (James.) Human activities like burning of fossil fuels, deforestation, industrialization , and pollution are considered a few of the factors responsible for global warming (James.)
Some examples of how global warming has took a toll on our environment are the continuous rising sea levels and global temperatur...
... middle of paper ...
...m collapsing from global warming. Many schools, organizations, government bodies are making efforts to encourage people to take steps that would prevent them from taking any action that would lead to global warming (James.) The most important consideration however is to feel for the problem and to be fully awakened to the situation. Unless the critical issue of global warming does not hit every person on earth, it will be very difficult to prevent the world from burning due to global warming in the near future. But there are a few things we as the human species need to do decrease global warming. A few examples are, reducing energy use, changing the way you think about transportation, insulating your home, making every drop count, having high efficiency appliances, and recycling. These simple things could make a huge difference towards decreasing global warming.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For many years now climate change has been a hot topic all over the world. Every day the atmosphere is filled with new amounts of greenhouse gases, which affect the climate on earth. It has reached a point where some are starting to believe that we have crossed the point of no return. Is the planet heading for inevitable destruction and is there no chance of reversion. I mostly disagree with this because, even though the planet is suffering, governments worldwide have become aware of the importance of tending to the changing climate and continuous research as well as discussions are being conducted on not only the questions, what is the current status of climate change, what can be done to s... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Earth, Sun]
1047 words (3 pages)
- GLOBAL WARMING Our planet warms due to Greenhouse gases. It exists naturally in our atmosphere. It trapped heat energy which comes from the sun. This process is called the greenhouse effect. If it is not present, the surface of the earth will be cold as surface of moon about –18 Celsius. Average temperature of the earth 's surface is about 15 Celsius. Measurement taken from all over the world has shown that global climate is changing. A half of the degree Celsius is increased from last 100 years.... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas, Climate change]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Global Warming: Is Our Scientists’ Math Correct. The main purpose of Bill Mckibben’s “Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math.” is to inform the reader of global warming and how humans have instigated it and how we can fix the problem. The article was written on a college graduate reading level making it slightly difficult to read for someone who has only achieved lower levels of education. Mckibben’s thesis is slightly hidden in the third paragraph: ”I wrote one of the first books for a general audience about global warming way back in 1989, and since I 've spent the intervening decades working ineffectively to slow that warming, I can say with some confidence that we 're losing the fight, bad... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Coal, Fossil fuel]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Finding Common Ground on the Global Warming Issue Global warming is a major hot topic issue that has been in the news in recent years and many of us are probably very familiar with the issue. Global warming essentially involves the continual heating of the average temperature on Earth. The problem is that we are not sure as to whether or not this continual heating will create benefits for our society as a whole or if the heating will be detrimental to the existence of future generations. In this analysis, Jerald L.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Natural gas]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Global warming is a scientific, political, and controversial topic. Some believe it is catastrophic, a slow moving killer hiding in the shadows. Others do not even think twice about it as they race by in a Hummer. Global warming is the gradual increase of temperature throughout different climates. It is caused by the greenhouse gas effect in which greenhouse gases, like methane and carbon dioxide, reflect sunlight back and forth. This reflected ultraviolet light bounces between the earth and the ozone layer and becomes trapped, resulting in a gradual rise of temperature.... [tags: Climate change, Greenhouse gas, Global warming]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- There are many things that can impact the economy, but many people would not think that global warming has much of an effect on it. Global warming is continuing to become a very large concern for people across the world. This topic is very controversial due to the fact that many people fail to believe that global warming even exists. In this case, it will often be looked at as climate changes instead. Global warming, or climate change is a gradual increase in average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere and its’ oceans.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Atmosphere]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- Global warming has become an increasingly prevalent and controversial topic in today’s society, because it poses significant impacts on economic development and environmental sustainability throughout the world. Global warming is defined as the gradual increase in temperature throughout the Earth, and it is supposedly caused by increasing levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants in the atmosphere. This particular issue is important for every human being and living organism on Earth because it impacts Earth’s environmental sustainability, which has a huge impact on the survival of species and it affects economies all over the world.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth, Psychology]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- The earth is getting unusual. We are encountering surge and dry spell in the meantime on the inverse sides of the earth. Liquefying ice on the North Pole and unusual atmosphere changes, storms, tropical storms, and tornados are not astounding news any longer. Why does this happen. Because of the quick creating of innovation, the way of life of people has been step by step simpler and quicker than at any other time. Rising temperatures mean melting ice and higher sea levels. Increasing heat could also help cause extreme weather like hurricanes, or make difficult living conditions for many species of animals.... [tags: Climate, Climate change, Earth, Global warming]
1398 words (4 pages)
- Our world faces many issues consisting of political issues, economic crisis, poverty, world wars, and environmental issues for example. Global warming is one of the many environment issues that many pay little attention to. Mr. Al Gore in his documentary directed by David Guggenheim brings to light this climate crisis and how affective it can be to the earth and how we must address it as soon as possible as it may lead to the destruction of our world’s environment. Al Gore does a great job in identifying global warming, what are the cause and effects, and how we should address the issue that can potentially save our planet earth.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Al Gore, Earth]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- ... The Environmental Protection Agency (2014) gives a simplistic definition with four main bullets: (1) “Climate change is happening…The Earth’s average temperature has risen” in the last century, (2) “Humans are largely responsible for [the] recent climate change” with activities that release carbon dioxide and other gases into the atmosphere, (3) “Climate change affects everyone” by impacting the environment , and (4) “We can make a difference” by limiting gases into the environment (para. 1-13).... [tags: melting glaciers, sea levels]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Video Games : Video Game Addiction
- Independence : The Struggle For Set America Free By John Ferling
- Analysis And Analysis : Communication
- Why Should We Stop The Confederate Flag
- The Status Of The Criminal Justice System
- `` Bros Before Hos ' : The Guy Code By Sociologist And Spokesperson For The National Organization For Men