Joy and excitement of watching a horror film is a incredible feeling. Many people ask what is the point of watching a horror movie if the only thing it does is scare you and not make you happy? That is not true people love to watch horror movies because they entertainment a scary movie has is always fun to enjoy. Everyone from teenagers to adults enjoy scary movies, because scary movies are the ones that tend to keep your attention the whole time you are sitting in a movie theater. There is also a lot of excitement when watching horror movie, because you never know when something will happen when the movie starts to play. The most important thing that horror movie do would have to be the effects it has on the human not only physically but mentally and that is what drives a lot of people into liking scary movies and wanting to watch them in a big movie theater.
Entertainment is the most important thing to capture when someone is sitting down for few hours looking at a screen. Horror films capture people attention as soon as the movie starts to play and because of that people don’t mind sitting down for a certain period of time watching a big screen. Scary movies are so good at entertaining its crowd, because when anyone least expects it a murderer or a crazy pyscho song can easily pop up in the middle of the movie and everyone there will pay attention because they want to see what is going to happen in the next scene. The best part of why people go and watch horror films is, because a lot of people enjoy looking at other people jump out of there seats and scream from the top of their lungs because of something that can be happening in the movie.
Everyone in the entire world likes to watch horror films. It doesn’t matter if ...
... middle of paper ...
... movies and it works all the time, because people go every time to watch those kind of movies.
To sum up my point, on why people go watch horror films and it will remain that way will be, because everyone from teenagers to adults enjoy the fear that horror movies gives them. The fact that horror films keeps everybody entertain and make everyone be on the edge of there seats is a excited feeling because no one knows when that scary part will happen and then everyone is suddenly jumping and then screaming from the top of their lungs. Finally, one of the biggest reasons why people come back to watch these kind of movies is because they like the feeling horror films give to the body from closing there eyes to having their heart beats beating faster then normal. People will always have time to go and watch horror movies because they are always fun and exciting to watch.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Stephen King wrote a very brief essay titled "Why we Crave Horror Movies", in which he explained some of the reasons that people choose to go to horror movies to be entertained. In his essay, King goes on to explain that we as a people need horror movies as a sort of release; to feed the darker elements within all of us without having to sacrifice our humanity (also, civility). King does this by comparing people based on their levels of sanity whereas some societal "eccentricities" are completely acceptable, while some will get you thrown right into the loony bin.... [tags: Why We Crave Horror Movies]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- It is an attractive idea that as humans live our lives out rationally, making decisions based on our logic and reasoning. Underneath our consciousness lies our primal instincts that originate back to when our ancestors and earth both primitive. These instincts are what shape our emotions and the actions people take, whether good or bad. Horror movies reflect our fears and our irrational thoughts, giving us a method in which people can experience these emotions. Whereas in our daily lives no such stimulation exists.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror and terror]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- For many people, horror movies are a frightful experience. If this is true, then why is horror such a successful movie genre. Do people like to be scared. In this essay, the answer to this question will be investigated, as well as what businesses can do to enhance the movie experience based on the answer. Why do people like horror movies. There are 2 main reasons: one is to experience fear that others must face, and to experience chemical rushes. Fear is a feeling that we are only half- aware of since the fact stands that the majority of Americans lack exposure to traumatic events.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror and terror, Slasher film]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Over the years horror movies have become a big part of cinema business. Teenagers and adults like to watch scary movies because of the adrenaline rush. Every scary movie includes unexpected scenes that make the movie interesting and frightening. It is very terrifying that, parents are allowing their children to watch horror movies. This can be very harmful for children’s mental health. Watching really scary movies and cartoons, and even playing scary games, has many lasting side effects on children.... [tags: Horror film, Film, Slasher film]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Joy and excitement of watching a horror film is a incredible feeling. Many people ask what is the point of watching a horror movie if the only thing it does is scare you and not make you happy. That is not true people love to watch horror movies because they entertainment a scary movie has is always fun to enjoy. Everyone from teenagers to adults enjoy scary movies, because scary movies are the ones that tend to keep your attention the whole time you are sitting in a movie theater. There is also a lot of excitement when watching horror movie, because you never know when something will happen when the movie starts to play.... [tags: Film, Horror film, Slasher film, Entertainment]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- You sit down to watch a movie, and you're looking for a pleasant time, to be entertained. Out of all of the possibilities out there, which do you choose, horror, documentaries or comedies. Between horror, documentaries and comedy movies; comedy movies are the most entertaining genre, due to their purpose, appeal for everyone and option even for the family. Horror movies which are with the intent to scare and elicit fear and paranoia in the viewers. The goal is to leave viewers on high-alert and terrified.... [tags: Film, Fear, Comedy film, Horror film, Comedy]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Would you rather be horrified beyond repair or thrilled to the point of no return. In horror, the main purpose is to invoke fear and dread into the audience in the most unrealistic way. Horror movies involve supernatural entities such as ghosts, vampires, teleportation, and being completely immortal. As thriller films are grounded in realism and involve more suspense, mystery, and a sense of panic. Though both genres will frighten the audience, it will happen in two different ways. Whether the horror thrills or the thriller horrifies, a scare is always incorporated.... [tags: Fear, Horror film, Horror and terror, Film]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- There are two types of people in this world, those who watch in awe as a man on the big screen slashes the teenage girl’s throat, and those who quiver and hide behind their seat in fear. Stephen King states in essay, “Why We Crave Horror Movies,” that no matter the type of person, everyone feels the need to watch horror movies. According to King, the reasons why people watch horror movies can range from simply thinking that the movies are fun, to expressing feelings that people cannot express in real life.... [tags: Stephen King, Feeling, Horror fiction, Horror film]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Not only is Stephen King’s essay, “Why We Crave Horror Movies”, a biased sample, but it also appeals to population and emotion. To further explain why we crave horror movies, King argues that “we are all mentally ill” (345). He expresses that we all make an independent decision to buy a movie ticket and sit in a theatre. King goes on the to explain our mental insanity through examples, such as, “sick jokes” (347). According to King, these “sick jokes” prove our insanity and our need to release that insanity through watching horror films.... [tags: Why We Crave Horror Movies 2014]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Lots of people today enjoy watching horror movies and shows that scare them. While they are scary, people still find them interesting and it hooks them onto that show or that genre of movie. That is what makes people still watch them, these shows and movies make people feel strongly about what is going on in the program. People love to feel engaged into whatever they’re watching. People also have the ability to access and watch what they want to wherever they want to. This ability makes us more versatile and we can enjoy our scary and exiting needs anywhere.... [tags: horror, excitement, entertainment]
614 words (1.8 pages)