Hope Amelia Solo was born on the 30th of July in 1981 in Richland, Washington. As a young child, she was a forward for a soccer team and showed amazing potential at a young age. She scored 109 goals while in this position and was peerless. Her real career did not start until her high school years which led to her being named an All-American twice by Parade magazine. Her college accomplishments led to her being named to the 2004 Olympic team (“Hope” 1). Hope attended the Univeristy of Washington for all four years of her college career. While in college, she earned NSCAA All-American honors in her last three years. During her time spent playing for the Washington Huskies, she moved to the goalie position where her career soon took off (“Hope” 1). Hope had not considered this position before beca...
... middle of paper ...
...rents gave her the best name possible because she gives hope to so many.
Carlisle, Jeff. "Hope Solo's Painful Journey." ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 27 June 2011. Web. 10 Mar. 2014.
Eaton, Nick. "Seattle PI Sports Blog." Seattle PI Sports Blog. N.p., 29 Aug. 2012. Web. 10 Mar. 2014.
Hays, Graham. "Hope." ESPN. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
"Hope Solo Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
"Hope Solo: 'I've Never Been Hit in My Life'" USA Today. Gannett, 28 Nov. 2012. Web. 6 Mar. 2014.
"Infoplease." Infoplease. Infoplease, n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Mayers, Joshua. "Sounders FC." The Seattle Times. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
McCarter, Nathan. "US Women's Soccer." Bleacher Report. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Solo, Hope and Ann Killion. Solo: Memoir of Hope. New York: HarperCollins, 2012. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... He orders his troops to look about for important documents, meanwhile Leia says her famous message into R2-D2, a droid unit “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.” (Harner K. 2014. Star Wars Quotes to Help You Celebrate May the Fourth.online article Deseret News.). Immediately after she is taken prisoner, but R2-D2 gets away by escaping on a pod with his droid pal C-3PO onto a desert planet. It is here on Tatooine that the other vital characters emerge such as Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan.... [tags: space voyage, new hope]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- July 24, 1897, a belligerent war against the norm of society is interrupted by the birth of one Amelia Earhart. From the time of her birth in Atchison, Kansas, to her disappearance in the Pacific Ocean at the age of 39, Amelia Earhart was venerated as a beacon of hope for women aviators around the world. She is recognized as the first woman aviator to set multiple records and some acclaim that Amelia Earhart is “perhaps the most effective activist of her time.” Acting upon a simple yearn for flight, Amelia Earhart managed to alter the public view on women as workers as a whole, and provided a hero during the ubiquitous devastation caused by the Great Depression.... [tags: Biography]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- An Analysis of Solo This book, in my opinion, is a very good example of a serial killer, and his ironic demise. The book begins with an example of serial killing, where a powerful, influential man is killed by an assassin. The book, after the killing, follows the killer to an unusual place-a concert hall. There it is found that the killer is internationally famous concert pianist John Mikali. This man, Mikali, has been tormented by death and pain all of his life. His family has been based through a stout naval history, as his father, and relatives past have all been commanders and captains of great naval ships.... [tags: Solo Essays]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- If what does not kill us makes us stronger, then Hope Solo is made of steel. In Hope Solo’s novel Hope Solo: A Memoir of Hope, she is not afraid to say the truth no matter what people may think of her. Hope learned during her younger years to be open to different ideas and not get discouraged by life’s challeges. She has faced countless obstacles in both her personal life and professional career. Although her persona is very intimidating, Hope is a daddy’s girl and is honest and straight-forward.... [tags: Solo, soccer, motivation]
1503 words (4.3 pages)
- Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus "Hope for the Flowers" is a story about a caterpillar, Stripe, who was born in this world and lived a normal life as expected from a caterpillar: eating and growing bigger. However, he became tired of doing such routine over and over again and thought that there must be something more to life. So he left the tree which served as his home from the very start and went out to the world to wander. Yes, he was fascinated with things he saw, but he was unsatisfied, until he found a caterpillar pillar rising up the sky with the top impossible to see.... [tags: Paulus Hope Flowers Story]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- Hope and fear are two powerful emotions that affect the main characters in both Dr. Faustus and Paradise Lost. The characters in both stories all have their own hopes, but they are all tested, tempted, and eventually led into committing sin by the Devil, who uses his ability to spread fear to manipulate the characters’ actions. While Adam, Eve, and Dr. Faustus all eventually give in to their fear of Satan and lose grace with God, the fate of Adam and Eve differs than that of Dr. Faustus, because the hopes of Adam and Eve were different than that of Dr.... [tags: satan, sin, hope, intelligent]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- This essay will look at three books from this course and how they represent the idea that during the time of Jefferson to Jackson there was a lack of a true democracy. The saying “for the people, by the people” is a term that was applicable by the few. These few were the white, protestant, elite in America. The books that will provide this idea are The Heathen School: A Story of Hope and Betrayal in the Age of the Early Republic by John Putnam Demos, Master of the mountain: Thomas Jefferson and his slaves by Henry Wiencek, and Flush Times and Fever Dreams: A Story of Capitalism and Slavery in the Age of Jackson by Joshua Rothman.... [tags: Native Americans in the United States]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- I never thought we'd meet again. Well, maybe I did in the “fantasy land” part of my mind, which resides next to my successful career as a Pixar animator and my lavish life after hitting the lottery. Our last encounter was brief. I was too busy perfecting my ability to sink a ping pong ball into a red Solo cup to give you the attention that you needed. I left abruptly one day—withdrew myself completely. Yet, here we are again. The importance for me to give this another try is apparent; I need to further myself with you, expand my opportunities in life, and excel.... [tags: short story]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- Finding Hope in James Muyskens' The Sufficiency of Hope Most people hope the world is the way they believe it is. That is, most people hope that their view of the world is right. They usually do not hope for the truth about things to be much better than what they suppose it is. Sometimes the hope is a factor in causing the belief; sometimes the hope stems from the desire to be right about one's belief; and in some cases the hope may follow the belief, i.e., one becomes accustomed even to an austere view of the world and finally comes to prefer it.... [tags: Muyskens Sufficiency of Hope]
6773 words (19.4 pages)
- White 2 Hope Stephen King published his novella “Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption in 1982. In 1994 this novella was turned into a movie called The Shawshank Redemption. Frank Darabont wrote the screenplay. A good adaptation will capture the same overall essence of the written book or novella. Darabont did a wonderful job of adapting this novella into a movie. He captured the overall essence in a way that makes a heart rejoice in happiness and relief.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Intertextuality in Writing and Composition
- Does Aristotle’s Function Argument Offer a Convincing Account of the Human Good?
- Noninvasive Prenatal GeneticTesting Using Maternal Serum
- Staphylococcus Aureus and Other Infectious Bacteria
- Singing Stars That Have Pushed the Limit
- Should Celebrities Have Their Right to Privacy?