Homosexuality has been the topic of constant conflict today. Homosexuality is defined as, a romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender. In addition, homosexuality has been accepted more today, however, it is still frowned upon by many. Consequently, there are many challenges on the views of homosexuality. Some may think that this is an abnormal behavior, to have an attraction to the same sex. On the contrary, there are many who defend that the feelings that homosexual has, are feelings that are normal, not to mention, homosexuals believe that they were in fact born this way. Furthermore, in this essay, it will look at the challenges that are presented on this topic, and look at the conflict that is between society, homosexuals, and the church.
Furthermore, in society today homosexuality is starting to be the norm. Society is one of the corporeal that plays a major role in a homosexual’s life. If you go into public schools, you will see this behavior is becoming more prevalent. Not to mention, the attraction of same sex even start as early as elementary schools. Therefore, young children experiment with same sex interaction, and if the parents don’t address this interaction this could potentially carry over into adulthood. If fact, society makes it appears this is a chosen lifestyle. Additionally, this lifestyle is heavily influence by the radio, television, and peers. Often, young children grow up with this in the household. Some may say that homosexuality is inherit, in addition, it caused by poor parenting. Moreover, there is a lack of knowledge on homosexuality. Consequently, some people may think that homosexuality is a disease that is con...
... middle of paper ...
...ritten this way, because it is coming down on discrimination against homosexuals. Not to mentioned, there are some details that were omitted from the article. The article does not present details about how homosexuality effects mankind. The article presents how society views homosexuality. The article clearly states, that homosexuals has the same rights as people who are not, especially dealing with being in sexually relationships.
In summation, homosexuality is prevalent in society, and it is growing rapidly. Even though the Bible is against homosexuality, God will forgive those who are willing to change this lifestyle. The Bible does not place homosexuality as a greater sin that any other. Therefore, all sin is offensive to God. In addition, homosexual are humans just like everyone else, and they should not be shunned, because of this lifestyle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Homosexuality is a controversial topic within many circles. There are those that take the view of being against homosexuality. This dislike or even hatred of gay people is known as homophobia. Homophobia comes in varying degrees, from stereotyping the gay community to thinking that gay people are evil. These varying cases of homophobia result in stereotyping, bans on gay marriage and adoption, and hate crimes and bullying which are all very harmful to the gay community as a whole. Minorities have stereotypes that are widely believed, regardless of the actual validity of the thought.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Did you know that homosexuality is not a mental or emotional disorder. Homosexuality has become quite a controversial topics amongst our society. Most people who realize they are homosexual are too scared to admit to the public who they really are. Then you have others who are openly confident about their sexuality as gay or lesbian. This issue has become more and more talked about and has developed multiple media acknowledgements. Homosexuality can be broken down into several different views. For those who do not understand or are unfamiliar with why a person is homosexual tend to ask an array of questions.... [tags: Controversial Topic, Society, Homosexuality]
1654 words (4.7 pages)
- Homosexuality, the sexual attraction between members of the same sex, is a term not coined until the late nineteenth century; however, its prevalence throughout Western history is apparent and cannot be ignored. Some of the earliest accounts of homosexual relationships date back to 700 BCE in Ancient Greece. Spanning from that period up to today, the history of the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) minority is one that is commonly overlooked. Only by analyzing the historical records of homosexuality can one fully understand the widespread GLBT movement of the current era.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- In modern society, people often look to other to define who they should be, what they should look like, or even how they think. Often time, religion seem to play a big part in these discussions. Homosexuality being one of the main topics discussed and why it’s wrong within religion. Having someone telling others what to think and who to love is wrong. Even though, same sex marriage is legal throughout America, homosexuality would never be accepted nor justified within religion. A lot of cultures take homosexuality in a different light, though for many centuries, homosexuality plus religion have been argued to be sinful.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1825 words (5.2 pages)
- In recent years the debate of homosexuality has become even more of a hot topic due to the media and politics of California’s Proposition 8 and various acts similar to it in other states. These acts are being created to legalize same-sex marriages and domestic partnerships. As of right now, the United States has six states that have signed such acts. The biggest issue involving these acts are should they be passed on the basis that there is a cure for homosexuality. If there is a cure there wouldn’t be any need for these acts.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive ]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- A word “Homosexual” have always been there from the beginning but it was hidden somewhere due to the lack of person’s knowledge in old era, for example we still have some ancient mythologies of 18th century where in the abstract we could clearly see a homosexual conductance. It’s been hyped and disclosed by the media and then it spread later on. But even in today’s fast world there are also few people who feel ashamed of claiming there selves a homosexual because they think it’s something inappropriate, but research has proven this kind of feeling could also change their interests into a normal straight person.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual intercourse, Religion]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Homosexuality in America: Good or Bad American society has always been divided when it comes to the topic of homosexuality. Homosexuality is more widely accepted today than it was several years ago, but some people still treat homosexuals like outcasts and discriminate against them in many areas. Not all of America has adopted the idea that homosexuality is okay and even normal. However, more have become tolerant. This issue is far more than just a religious battle. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, and they have the right to do so, but it is still important for America to be open-minded to people of different statuses and beliefs.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- In today’s society there are topics that can be uncomfortable and foreign to us, things we don’t necessarily think we need to know about unless it proves necessary. One of these topics is Homosexuality, a sometimes difficult topic to discuss, but important all the same. So what does it mean to be a homosexual, and how is it defined. Well, a person is said to be homosexual if he or she is romantically attracted to members of the same gender, or sex. Usually, the terms “gay” and “lesbian” are used to refer to homosexual men and women.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
716 words (2 pages)
- John Corvino creates a great response to a very talked about and controversial topic: Is being homosexual wrong (specifically those who act on their homosexual urges). In Corvino’s article, he breaks down the potential arguments people use against homosexuality and proves how those arguments are not strong enough to prove that homosexuality is immoral. The arguments that are used against homosexuality and that are addressed in this article are the most common arguments used to prove that homosexuality is immoral.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Homosexuality, Religion]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Homosexuality My frustration with debate about homosexuality stems not so much from the arguments themselves, but the actual method of argument. Often, two “experts” will approach the topic from two radically different “expert” fields. One may be a New Testament scholar and thus draws out the intricacies of Romans 1:18-28 and the true meaning of the word “homosexual offender” (i.e. older man sleeping with a young boy) in that case. The other may be a biologist who appeals to natural logic and reproduction to defend sex as a behavior meant for heterosexuals.... [tags: Gay Lesbian Homosexual Essays]
1070 words (3.1 pages)