There have been actual studies done on the brain to prove that homosexuals have an aspect about them that differs from heterosexuals. One rather well known study on the difference between homosexual and heterosexual brain was performed by Simon Levay. Levay was a neurobiologist at the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California (Biological Causes of same-sex Attraction 2015), he focused his study on ...
... middle of paper ...
...s no reliable evidence supporting the effectiveness of conversion treatment, it is based on faulty assumptions, and can be harmful.
To conclude, homosexuality is a natural thing whether society believes it or not. It is found in nature around us. For example, the animal Bonobo, their females participates in GG-rubbing once every two hours or so (Roughgarden 2004). This would be considered homosexual behavior because it is female on female, Bonobo do this and this are not exposed to the same everyday experience as we are which means this behavior in innate to them. There are parts inside us that conclude who we are and if homosexuality is one of those things why can it not be accepted? Though some do chose to be homosexual, when one is presented with scientific fact and testimony from homosexuals, it quickly becomes obvious that there is no real choice in the matter.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is homosexuality considered a choice to have or not. Homosexuality is something someone is born with. Someone can not just choose whether they are straight, bisexual, pansexual, or homosexual. People sometimes want to be one, but they end up being the other, which is not their choice. People go through life thinking being a homosexual is considered a choice and for attention, but that isn’t at all what people do that for. In “Is Homosexuality a Choice?” the article states: “Supporting gay marriage becomes equivalent to supporting the construction of wheelchair ramps.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation, Bisexuality]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- A word “Homosexual” have always been there from the beginning but it was hidden somewhere due to the lack of person’s knowledge in old era, for example we still have some ancient mythologies of 18th century where in the abstract we could clearly see a homosexual conductance. It’s been hyped and disclosed by the media and then it spread later on. But even in today’s fast world there are also few people who feel ashamed of claiming there selves a homosexual because they think it’s something inappropriate, but research has proven this kind of feeling could also change their interests into a normal straight person.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual intercourse, Religion]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Research regarding current articles related to the battle of homosexuality as a choice, or birth gene. Exploration of scientific evidence and experiments, revolving over the pieces found within both, human and animal chromosomes, contained in individuals sharing the homosexuality lifestyle. Furthermore, discerning the objectives and viewpoints of both sides regarding the argument; morality vs science. Ultimately, my essay’s research shall update readers upon the current forefront issues, experiments conducted, viewpoints, and trending thoughts.... [tags: Sexual orientation, Homosexuality, Human sexuality]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Is Homosexuality a Choice. Homo is defined in the Webster’s dictionary as a combining one and the same, common, joint. Sexuality is defined as the quality or state of being distinguished by sex. These two terms combined (homo-sexuality) means of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex. “The Kinsey study of 1948, which homosexuals often cite to say that 10% of the population is homosexual, actually says that only 4% of the population is EXCLUSIVELY homosexual.” (2007).... [tags: Religious Perspectives, Gay Genes]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- Many people now believe the reporting of many popular newspapers and magazines report of the "discovery" of a link between a certain gene and homosexuality, but hasn't it been considered a choice for such a long time. Is homosexuality a choice rather than genetic. To answer this question we'll start off by revealing some myths of homosexuality. The next part will explain the difference between a behavioral trait and a genetic trait. Finally I'll end be unveiling the truth behind the "homosexual gene." There are many things that the homosexual activists say are true, but those "truths" are merely myths in need of correction.... [tags: The Gay Gene]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Homosexuality: Personal Choice or Act of God. "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God. Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, not thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) Homosexuality has been around as long for as there is recorded history. Through the years, however, the opinions towards homosexuality have changed.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
2251 words (6.4 pages)
- It is a sad sight indeed to walk throughout our magnificent towns and cities and find our eyes settle upon blights of the landscape. These childless, unnatural, and frightening “people”, who turn a keen eye upon those of the same sex, are a smudge upon our otherwise immaculate canvas. Many of those who count their profession amongst science have shined a privy light upon this queer behavior, and their findings are quite consistent, specifically that there is something not quite “right” with such folk.... [tags: Homosexuality]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- One of the most disputable issues among society is homosexuality. Is homosexuality a sin, a genetic virus that we should try to prevent, or just a personal choice people tend to make, a right to be differ from other. Or, just an unnatural genetic mistake that can and should be prevented in order not to blemish the whole human kind has it is known. One other factors that cannot be ignored is religions. Most religions claim homosexuality to be one of the most unforgivable sins, and cannot it to exist within society, but should religions have the right to entitle, pass judgement, and punish on to others.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation, Heterosexuality]
2229 words (6.4 pages)
- John Corvino claims that homosexual people, as well as all people in a relationship, should have sex. Sex allows for the unification of couples by nurturing communication, romantic ties, and happiness within the relationship. Corvino then goes on to defend his claim and homosexuality. One argument that opponents use is that homosexual sex is “unnatural.” If the definition of unnatural means something unusual, homosexual sex could be considered unnatural, however, this is completely untrue. Some people claim homosexuality is immoral because animals do not practice homosexuality.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual intercourse]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Over the years, there has been a debate whether homosexuality is due to nature or nurture. In other words, are you born gay, or do you become gay. Scientists look into its background and origins of homosexuality. Some believe it is developmental or some have even tried to diagnose a disorder back originally. There are many valid points to either side that can be discussed and much information to be researched about this topic. On one hand, people may say that you are born gay due to your genetic makeup because they always seem to know that they have been gay; on the other hand some people may argue that your surroundings sway you to become gay because some people may not come out until their... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive]
849 words (2.4 pages)