Finally, the companies that produce these products have complete control over the consumers who are addicted. They can make and sell as much or as little of their product that they want, and they can make the price whatever they want it to be. The addicted consumer will then do whatever it takes to get the new product. The producers then use the money they made to get more people addicted to their products, and then the producers make more money and the cycle continues. In fact, some of these companies have enough power to be considered a government, because of their money and the control they have over people. The human race should not allow ourselves to become so addicted to a material that is as dangerous as the internet, for we do not know the full consequences of this material yet.
Although people do not believe it, internet addiction is just as dangerous, if not more than, as any other addiction that is known. Once a person is addicted the internet is one of the main priorities in their lives. Internet addiction can lead to the same problems of other addictions, such as personal, family, financial, and any other problems addiction leads to. The reason this addiction would be hard to overcome is because it is available to the person that is addicted almost anywhere that they go. Here are some examples of how this certain addiction can affect a person. It can affect them personally because, instead of wanting to go ou...
... middle of paper ...
...ct the planet in the future. Some studies might even say this addiction will help humanity advance in the future. However, it is causing major problems for people today. This addiction is causing people to be so unmotivated that they either lose their job or they are no longer searching for a job. People are starting to think that it is more necessary for them to stay at home on their smart phone, than to go out and have interactions with humans in real life. Internet addiction is a big problem in the United States, but if it spreads to all of the other countries how will the world operate? The people who created these devices did a great job, because they are very useful tools when they are not abused. This addiction did a great job in getting technological advancements started; now it just needs to end so that scientists can get another leap into the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From the beginning of time there have been taxes, whether we like to admit to them or not they are a necessary evil. For most coming up with the extra money has been something that is a nuisance, for others it is much more than that. For a lot of us there are the real effects of losing our homes, cars, not being able to put food on our tables if we don’t have the money to pay our taxes. For my household, my wife and I bought our home right when we first got married. My wife carried the loan with her credit and me with my income.... [tags: Taxes, homeowners, ]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Neumann, P. G. (1994). Risks of passwords. Communications Of The ACM, 37(4), 126. doi:10.1145/175276.175289 This is a brief qualitative analysis of all the risks associated with passwords. It lists the common failure mode of passwords at the time with a little commentary on each. The types are exhaustive attacks, educated guess, derivation, capturing unencrypted passwords, trapdoors, bogus password creation, bypassing authentication, and non-atomic password checking. The author’s opinion is that most password management techniques are only successful at dealing with the first three attack modes.... [tags: Computer security, Authentication, Password]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Password policies are created in an organization to strengthen the security; however, the situation turns turtle when the complaints to reset the password consume much of the time and resources of the IT helpdesk staff. Suppose an organization has implemented some ideal password policies such as the password will be expired after specific number of days, no recent passwords should be used during the reset, an account will be locked out after the specified number of failed login attempts, etc. In turn, the IT staff would receive a heavy number of calls either to unlock the account or to reset the password as the users had forgotten their correct password and/or their account had been locked b... [tags: password policies, data system security methods]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- The current financial crisis, which had its roots from subprime mortgage crisis, began to increase dramatically in September of 2008. There have been significant economic disorders in United States alone. Major banks and financial organizations around the world are going bankrupt and writing down billion dollars. Housing markets are falling not just in United States but all around the world. This crisis is truly global and it is spreading like fire. Because of these economic crises, the US Congress came up with a $700 billion bailout plan to buy troubled assets from financial institutions who are struggling financially.... [tags: Economics]
2274 words (6.5 pages)
- Introduction The seminar was on a very interesting evaluation done on the strength of password meters. Almost all of us are exposed to password-strength meters in our everyday life. The general representation of password meter is a colored bar which when seen as a short red bar indicates a weak password and a long green bar indicates a strong password. The real purpose of a password meter is to show the path for better security to its users. However the strengths and weaknesses of these widely deployed meters has rarely been studied and hence this paper really opens up the real world thing going on.... [tags: better security, requirements, leaks]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- 1A. Nowadays, people started to consider security as the main priority. Therefore as a result, electronics companies included some technologies like finger print system in their products, such as manufacturing firms for computers/laptop, mobile departments and so on. I think fingerprint is the best password. Fingerprint system is a high-level security for personal usage which can be used for personal computer systems in government sectors, where the data can be protected by only one person. However, acquiring the password is an easy way as this can protect the systems with high standards of security.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Fingerprint, Twitter]
703 words (2 pages)
- Solution Essay Final Text Purchasing my first home was a monumental moment for me, yet there were so many steps involved. The acquisition was a process, far more extensive than I had ever realized. I had select criteria, and felt I satisfied this well. As a mother I needed a clean and safe environment in which to raise my daughter; as a first time home-buyer, I had to do this within a modest budget. I found a quiet little neighborhood on the edge of town; it was a dream come true. It was the perfect family neighborhood.... [tags: Property]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- You have worked hard to get here. You have scraped, saved and worried your way to successfully getting your own home or apartment. Congratulations are in order. Now, you need to protect your property from theft, accidents and disasters but, after this big move, your budget is shot. Fortunately, this is where cheap insurance quotes can help. Through making changes in existing coverage or by purchasing a new policy you can get cheap home insurance. Mortgage companies have required homeowners insure their property for decades, but renters ' policies are relatively new.... [tags: Insurance, Home insurance, Types of insurance]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- ... A violation leads to closure of one’s account. Furthermore, Stern (2012) observes that the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Stored Communications Act could safeguard the interests of victims. According to Botros (2013), both legislations criminalize unauthorized but intentional access to electronic information. This prohibits employers and schools from intentionally using a user’s login credentials to access the respective accounts. Secondly, the information contained on the social media accounts of these persons could be wrong, thus misleading to the organization.... [tags: profile, legal, law, liabilities]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- Everyone wants a home but nobody wants to lose their home once they get it. The country has had a record number of foreclosures and they didn’t just happen by accident. The blame can be put on both sides of the table, the lender and the borrower as well as others in the mortgage and real estate business. There is good news, though, with a little change, regulation, and education such a drastic occurrence can be avoided. The glitz and glamour of being on your own in your own home is overwhelming and the banks pray on that.... [tags: Econmics]
992 words (2.8 pages)