I hated waking up 6A.M. in the morning to see faces I’ve been seeing for years and teachers who pressured me to finish assignments in an accordingly time frame each class and oh don’t get me started on school’s food ugh! Just nasty. I’ve always wondered what would it be like to be home school at home, doing work at your own pace and all the food I wanted with no distractions. I know I’m not the only one who imagined how great it would have if we as public school students were home schooled instead. As I’ve got older while knowing some of my own friends taken out of public school for home schooling, I can see why public school is the better option. The socializing, leverage of knowledge, and experience is only provided by attending public schools.
The school events every school year were always the highlight for me going to public school. At first I was extremely shy more like anti-social but if it wasn’t for attending public school I wouldn’t have most of the close friends I have today. I’ve realized students taking online class or furthering education from home called “homeschool” doesn’t give the same feeling as sitting in a classroom with peers who have class with you. Being Homeschooled can’t give you any possibility of connecting to peers or teachers the way public school does. In Public school with peers or teachers, you can speak to them, share tangible contact, sight them in the hallways going from class to class and enjoy school events full of everybody you see at school daily. As stated from education bugs.com, a con of home school is “It’s harder to provide social interaction”, taken from the online article Public school vs. Home school. I know no one enjoys being socially awkwa...
... middle of paper ...
...for the future.
It’s just something about public schools that won’t ever compare to home schooling. Public schooling is the greater option because of being social, the leverage of knowledge and the experience that you just cannot get from home school. Knowing that you have connections and people around that support your education ideas always make anyone feel good, home school doesn’t give these benefits. Knowledge about how people work in a classroom setting is importance to practice skills used in the real world as you go on in future to get a job or even be in society. The school dance, carnivals, and hang out with friends are all part of the experience , you even are away from your parents a certain amount of time to hang with people who truly support other than your own lovable parents. How can you even say home school is better? The comparison is all set here.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a parent, you are always trying to look out for your children, making what you think is the best decision for them and their futures. When it comes to schooling, each parent struggles to decide what type of education is most beneficial to their child. The ability to have a choice of where to send your children to school was not always possible. Now more than ever, parents are confused about which form of education is best for their children. When comparing homeschool, private schools, and public schools, it is important to look at the advantages and disadvantages of them all.... [tags: High school, Homeschooling, Teacher]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- “Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource” John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA. An estimated 4 million children are currently home schooled with a 15-20% yearly growth rate. According to a California study by researcher Dr. Brian [D.] Ray, 92 percent of school superintendents believe that home learners are emotionally unstable, deprived of proper social development and too judgmental of the world around them.... [tags: Homeschooling vs Public Schooling]
2213 words (6.3 pages)
- Most people believe a person is born with a personality that is passed on to them through their family’s gene pool. But no one is really born with a concept of themselves. Personality, love, freedom, justice, morals, and reality are all products of social interaction; so basically humans are the social creation of society and a person’s personally is developed through socialization, This is the reason out of the home-schooling is so important and is such an essential need for people’s lives. Just ask Horace Mann because he codified the myth of empowerment through education.... [tags: Home Schooling, isolation, Horace Mann,]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- When kids reach the age where learning begins parents now and days have a concern of whether to home school their kids or send them to a public school. Both are good methods in developing a good education for a child. But also have differences in techniques of teaching and environmental differences. Parents have to think about the cost, the way the child learns being in a social environment, and also be aware of what their child is learning in the street. We will see how home schooling and or public schooling have different effect on a child’s education.... [tags: homeschooling, public schools, ]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- The war of words in the media and the courts between advocacy groups for public schools on one side and families who home school their children on the other side has left both sides wary of the motives of the other. In recent years, public schools have fought against the rights of home schoolers to join public school teams, to take instrumental lessons, join after-school clubs or in many other ways to participate in the school community. Websites, blogs and communities of home schoolers have sprung up criticizing public schools that “monopolize” the education system (Hoffman, 2006) and graduate paper-doll automatons devoid of independent thought.... [tags: education]
2669 words (7.6 pages)
- Comparison and Contrast essay Home school vs. Public school All parents only want what is best for their children. When presented with the decision to enroll children in public school or homeschool one must determine the best fit for them. Each schooling option has its positive and negative qualities. Crucial factors when determining which school environment is best include cost, travel, safety, and a student’s learning. One of the first factors a parent looks at when deciding between home school and public school enrollment is the cost difference between the two.... [tags: Education, School, Homeschooling, High school]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- The Innumerable Benefits to Home Schooling In his book The Right Choice – Home Schooling, Chris Klicka argues that “Sending our children to the public school … is tantamount to sending our children to be trained by the enemy” (Crank 25). Though his words may be considered harsh by some parents, many Americans agree with him and feel that public school is only endangering their children; home schooling is the modern day alternative that many mothers and fathers have chosen to turn to. Those who feel that the world of the public school is detrimental to their children’s growth and health are not alone; they share the beliefs of many parents who feel that home schooling has many benefits and a... [tags: Home-School Education Teaching Essays]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Aspects of Home Schooling Do parents always know what is best for their child. When a parent says that they want to home school their child are they making the right decision. After all, parents are the ones that teach their children how to walk and talk. After all, they are the ones that are most interested in making sure that their child receives the best education, why shouldn’t they be the ones to teach their children. Being home schooled can have both a positive and negative effect on a child.... [tags: Education Home School Essays]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- ABSTRACT: Home schooling is a controversial topic among educators. The issues that follow a child throughout their educational and social lives, are elevated when a child has been home schooled. There is no social environment for the child to learn to develop basic social skills; most home schooling environments are made up of a child, perhaps accompanied by a sibling, and the parent teaching the information given. There is no room for a developed personality that is constant with a child of equal age and grade in a normal schooling environment.... [tags: disadvantages of home schooling]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- Johnny is a young student in first grade. He loves to read and he also loves to talk. His teacher Mrs. Smith has a problem with this. Johnny is always the first to finish his work, and yet he always seems to cause problems in the classroom. Johnny's parents are very irritated by Johnny's grades of all A's in the academic curriculum and yet getting "Unsatisfactory" in behavior. They have decided to take Johnny out of public school to teach him at home. Attending school is not the only way to become a scholar. It has been shown that home-educated individuals are just as successful, if not more than those who receive a public education. I understand the relationship between the two... [tags: Home Schooling Essays]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Correlation Between City Population And Crime Rates
- Should The Internet Be A Human Right?
- Philosophy And Philosophy Of Education
- The Book Of The Meaning Of Jesus Had Two Visions By Authorsn.t Wright And Marcus Borg
- Genetic Engineering : Genetically Modified Foods
- Analysis Of Peter Quill 's ' Transformers Of The Galaxy '