The symptoms of sinus infection depend on it is chronic or acute. Signals vary from person to person. There are basically two types Acute Sinusitis and Chronic Sinusitis. If it lasts for a few days is known as acute sinusitis, whereas if it last for more than three months it is called Chronic Sinusitis. Acute sinusitis is more painful, whereas chronic sinusitis is less painful. Most common symptoms
• Running nose
• Sneezing or coughing
• Headache in the temple or surrounding areas
• Frequent clearing of throat
• Discharge of mucous from the nose and nasal congestion.
• Worse headache after waking up in the morning or bending forward or riding an elevator.
• Itching in nose and eyes
• Bad breath
• Eye and face pain
• Feeling of tiredness or weakness
• Reducing sense of taste and smell
Other symptoms are ear-ache, tenderness and swelling behind the ear.
Hoarse voice and sore throat caused due to post-nasal drip. Eye region swells due to spread of infection from sinuses to eyes. Vomiting with severe headache happens due to spread of infection to the brain. Pain in teeth, upper jaw and cheeks are also experienced and often mistaken as tooth ache.
The basic home remedy if one want to start with is take plenty of rest and drink lots of water to remain hydrated. Quit smoking and avoid smoke stuffed areas. Avoid self-...
... middle of paper ...
To Mix 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon in 1 teaspoon water and apply on the forehead. It is effective in headache due to exposure to cold air.
a paste from dry ginger with a little water or milk and its application to the forehead can sinus relief.
10-15 Basil leaves can be grinded with 4 cloves and 1 teaspoon dried ginger into a paste and apply to forehead for sinus cure.
A hot footbath along with a cold compress on the forehead is recommended for a painful sinus headache.
Warm soups and avoiding ice cold items for a while certainly controls the sinus troubles. Sipping warm water at intervals also helps. The best cure is steam which is easily done with the electric steam machine that serves as a perfect home remedy.
Besides all these remedies nothing can replace a good long sleep to get relief from sinus headache.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Home remedies for sinus cold Description Sinus is basically an inflammation in the nasal passage. Sinus infection is one of the common infections across the world. An infection in the sinuses or cavities present in the bones near the nose is the main cause of sinus attacks. When swelling occurs in these sinuses due to some infection it results in fever, headaches, difficulty in breathing and other discomforts, known as sinusitis. The symptoms of sinus infection depend on whether it is chronic or acute.... [tags: Health Care ]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Sinus infection headache Description- sinus infection is curable at home. The most common symptom is headache other than coughing, sneezing and ache. Sinus is basically an inflammation in the nasal passage. Coughing, sneezing, feeling tired and ache are the common symptoms of sinus. This indicates the sinus condition. Suffering from sinus may have different types of headaches like tension headache, cough headache, eye strain headache, sore throat headache, blurred vision headache. One may also suffer from headache nausea.... [tags: Health Care]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Sinus is one of the most severe and dangerous diseases, which can cause the problems in breathing with pain in face. In fact, this sinus problem is a kind of cavity within the bone or the other tissue in the body. In most of the cases, the cold problems make the sinusitis diseases. However, the sinusitis is not the occasional diseases and it can occur any time of the year, but you make see it more frequently around the cold and flu seasons. Infection of the sinus is quite difficult to bear and there is an interrogation like are sinus infections contagious.... [tags: Infectious disease, Influenza, Infection]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Treating hair to a variety of harsh chemicals like hair colors, hair extensions, hair dyes, is one of the obvious reasons of hair damage along with other reasons. Blow drying, rebonding, treating hair to excessive heat while straightening, perming, and certain hairstyles like braids are other causes of hair damage. Hair can have a dry texture due to chlorine water while washing, over use of hair care products, chemical treatments and pollution. Damaged dry hair can also be due to lack of regular oiling, shampooing and conditioning.... [tags: Home Remedies ]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Home Remedies for Yeast Allergy The prime use of yeast is to ferment food items. Some food items that contain yeast include bread, cheese, wine, beer, cheese, vinegar, mushrooms, and dried fruits. Yeast belongs to the fungi family and is a microorganism that is found in the body and many food items that we eat everyday. Yeast is not harmful when taken in smaller amount and does not cause any kind of imbalance. When the amount of yeast in the body increases, the body may develop some allergic symptoms.... [tags: Health]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Home Remedies for Cysts Cyst is a closed sac-like structure that occurs in the tissue. It may contain semi-solid materials, air or fluids. However once a cyst is formed, it may can go away on its own or can also be removed with the help of surgery. Cysts are small lumps that can appear on the neck, back or head. And the main occurrence of cysts is due to the blockage of oil glands. These are composed of sebum which is a semi solid matter. In some situation there may be some amount of painful oozing from the cysts.... [tags: Health]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Home Remedies for Moles Moles can be define as a cluster of pigment cells that may often appear to be tiny dark brown spots which can virtually develop any part of the body. You can find almost 10 to 40 moles in a person body and this number vary in each and every person. The medical term for moles is nevus or nevi. However it is seen that most moles can come in a different range of colors. Moles are harmless and in very rare cases they can lead to cancer. In fact, detecting pigment patches and monitoring moles can help detecting skin cancer, particularly malignant melanoma.... [tags: Health]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Ragweed is a common type of plant also called bitter weeds or blood weeds. The scientific name of ragweed is Ambrosia, which is derived from Ancient Greek. The plant is from the family of sunflower called Asteraceae. It is well-known for producing pollens which causes severe allergies. It produces one billion pollen grains and it can go up to 400 miles out in the sea and 2 miles in the atmosphere. The pollen count is largest after dawn. The apt condition for ragweed is dry, sandy soils, river banks, grassy plains, roadsides, and poor soil structure sites.... [tags: Health Care ]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Home Remedies for Rheumatism Rheumatism is a medical term which is associated with the pain in connective joints and tissues. The name is derived from the Greek word ‘rheuma’ which literally means swelling. And most often it is associated with arthritis and rheumatic fever. Nonetheless, it can be also associated with symptoms of many conditions that may cause severe or mild pain and weakness. Causes of Rheumatism Many physiological factors can cause rheumatism. However, there is no scientific prove that considers mental stress to be sole responsible for rheumatism.... [tags: Health]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Home Remedies for Abrasion Abrasion is an injury that occurs on the topmost layer of the skin called the epidermis. This external scratch is a minor condition that may result in bleeding. The scar and sign gets healed within a small duration of time. However if the injury occurs owing to some rough surfaces then the skin may appear red or pink. There can be a burning sensation without any bleeding. This may be mainly because the second layer of the grazed skin is exposed to injury. The common victims of abrasion are children and kids who often get scraped knee and bruised arm.... [tags: Health Care]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Intellectual Passing: An Exploration of the Identity of the Genius from the Working Class
- Sinus Infection Headache
- The Darfur Crisis
- Lazeika is Russian for "Loophole"
- How can Thailand Successfully Become the Top Culinary Tourism Destination?
- Internal Review Procedures That Facilitate High Quality Standards in the Organization