Sinus is basically an inflammation in the nasal passage. Sinus infection is one of the common infections across the world. An infection in the sinuses or cavities present in the bones near the nose is the main cause of sinus attacks. When swelling occurs in these sinuses due to some infection it results in fever, headaches, difficulty in breathing and other discomforts, known as sinusitis.
The symptoms of sinus infection depend on whether it is chronic or acute. Signals may vary from person to person. There are two types - Acute Sinusitis and Chronic Sinusitis. Acute sinusitis lasts for few days and chronic sinus lasts for more than three months. Acute sinusitis is more painful than chronic sinus. Common symptoms are:
• Running nose
• Sneezing or coughing
• Headache in the temple or surrounding areas
• Frequent clearing of throat
• Discharge of mucous from the nose and nasal congestion.
• Worse headache after waking up in the morning or bending forward or riding an elevator.
• Itching in nose and eyes
• Bad breath
• Eye and face pain
• Feeling of tiredness or weakness
• Reducing sense of taste and smell
Home remedies are available for sinus infection. Coughing, sneezing, feeling tired and ache are the common symptoms of sinus. Other symptoms are ear-ache, tenderness and swelling behind the ear. Hoarse voice and sore throat caused due to post-nasal drip. Eye region swells due to spread of infection from sinuses to eyes. Vomiting with severe headache happens due to spread of infection to the brain. Pain in teeth, upper jaw and cheeks are also experienced and often mistaken as tooth ache. This indicates the condition and the onset of sinus cold. ...
... middle of paper ...
...anic Apple Cider Vinegar is a popular home remedy for reducing sinus infections. Also, spicy tomato tea cures severe congestion.
Warm soups and avoiding very cold items for a while certainly controls the sinus troubles. Sipping warm water at intervals also helps. The best cure is steam which is done with the electric steam machine serves as a perfect home remedy.
Doctors always advice to increase intake of food rich in Vitamin C because they are rich in antioxidants, which help to fight sinus infection itself and also boost the immune system of the body. Vitamin C rich food includes gooseberry, cauliflower, broccoli, pineapples, oranges, lemon and pomegranates, strawberry. These fruits are easy to include in diet. In tea lemon tea lemon green tea or ginger tea gives relief in sinus. Nasal drops and sprays can also be used. We can try breathing in dust free air.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sinus is basically an inflammation in the nasal passage. Coughing, sneezing, feeling tired and achy are the common symptoms of sinus. This indicates the sinus condition. Suffering from sinus may have different types of headaches as well, like tension headache, cough headache, eye strain headache, sore throat headache, blurred vision headache. One may also suffer from headache nausea. The symptoms of sinus infection depend on it is chronic or acute. Signals vary from person to person. There are basically two types Acute Sinusitis and Chronic Sinusitis.... [tags: Health]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Sinus infection headache Description- sinus infection is curable at home. The most common symptom is headache other than coughing, sneezing and ache. Sinus is basically an inflammation in the nasal passage. Coughing, sneezing, feeling tired and ache are the common symptoms of sinus. This indicates the sinus condition. Suffering from sinus may have different types of headaches like tension headache, cough headache, eye strain headache, sore throat headache, blurred vision headache. One may also suffer from headache nausea.... [tags: Health Care]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- How to Clear a Stuffy Nose (Home Remedies) Home remedies to clear a stuffy nose. A stuffy nose or congestion is caused by inflamed blood vessels in the membranes lining. Blood vessels usually infected due to the cold, flu or some kind of allergy. It can be difficult to breathe with excess mucus in your nose. This can also be a life-threatening for the newborns. A stuffy nose is also uncomfortable and annoying for adults and kids. You can easily clear stuffy noses at home with minimal or no cost.... [tags: mucus, immune system, steam]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Treating hair to a variety of harsh chemicals like hair colors, hair extensions, hair dyes, is one of the obvious reasons of hair damage along with other reasons. Blow drying, rebonding, treating hair to excessive heat while straightening, perming, and certain hairstyles like braids are other causes of hair damage. Hair can have a dry texture due to chlorine water while washing, over use of hair care products, chemical treatments and pollution. Damaged dry hair can also be due to lack of regular oiling, shampooing and conditioning.... [tags: Home Remedies ]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Anaemia is the lack of red blood cells or haemoglobin in the blood. These blood cells carry oxygen and minerals to the tissues of the body. The blood cell count decrease the haemoglobin content in the blood and causes anaemia. Anaemia is caused by the iron deficiency, vitamin B12, B6, copper and folic acid in the body. Anaemia during pregnancy can be harmful as it will supply less oxygen to the baby. Causes for Anaemia The important causes for anaemia are: • Insufficient production of red blood cells This may be due to hereditary or can be acquired because of poor diet, chronic diseases, pregnancy and hormones.... [tags: Health Care]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Ragweed is a common type of plant also called bitter weeds or blood weeds. The scientific name of ragweed is Ambrosia, which is derived from Ancient Greek. The plant is from the family of sunflower called Asteraceae. It is well-known for producing pollens which causes severe allergies. It produces one billion pollen grains and it can go up to 400 miles out in the sea and 2 miles in the atmosphere. The pollen count is largest after dawn. The apt condition for ragweed is dry, sandy soils, river banks, grassy plains, roadsides, and poor soil structure sites.... [tags: Health Care ]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Menopause is a permanent stop of menstruation as it ceases ovulation. It signals the end of the fertility phase in a woman and usually happens in midlife. It is not an illness but a biological natural process. The hormonal level fluctuate for many years and eventually become low that the endometrium that is the uterine lining stops bleeding. The production of the hormones like estrogen by the ovaries becomes less during menopause. The estrogen is an important reproductive hormone that also helps in other functions like heart, liver, bone formation, breast and also bladder function.... [tags: Health Care]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- A sinus infection is no reason to panic, but you should be aware that the symptoms of infection are identical to those of early sinus cancer (sino nasal cancer). Both of these problems cause a runny noses, sinus pressure, congestion and headaches. If these symptoms persist for more than a few days, a visit to an experienced ear-nose-and-throat (ENT) doctor is in order to make sure your problem truly is a sinus infection. If it 's not, you can trust DO and ENT Dr. Jason T. Stubbs to find the problem and develop a treatment plan for you.... [tags: Cancer, Oncology, Human papillomavirus]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Sinus is one of the most severe and dangerous diseases, which can cause the problems in breathing with pain in face. In fact, this sinus problem is a kind of cavity within the bone or the other tissue in the body. In most of the cases, the cold problems make the sinusitis diseases. However, the sinusitis is not the occasional diseases and it can occur any time of the year, but you make see it more frequently around the cold and flu seasons. Infection of the sinus is quite difficult to bear and there is an interrogation like are sinus infections contagious.... [tags: Infectious disease, Influenza, Infection]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Home Remedies for Groin Sweating Groin sweating is sweating around the inner thigh as the skin here is folded and covered with clothing. This area has sweat glands like the eccrine and apocrine. For some people they tend to sweat profusely in this area which makes them feel uneasy and embarrass. In worst scenario the problem may cause odor, itching, peeling, rashes and peeling of the skin due to imbalance in the skin due to warm and moist groin. Causes for Groin Sweating The specific cause for sweating is not known but it may be due to some specific build of the person.... [tags: Health]
843 words (2.4 pages)