Home health services all types of patients who are homebound, confined to the home expect for infrequent or relatively short absences that require considerable and taxing effort. These patients are usually recovering, disabled, and chronically or terminally ill. In order for a patient to be considered for home health they will need a patient referral, which can come from a variety of services, such as hospital discharge planners, patients, patients’ physicians, insurance companies through their case management programs, PPOs, and HMOs. Home health care provide their patients with many different specialty services and they have home health aides who are provided by skilled nursing agencies to render these services.
These specialty services range from physical therapy to Meals on Wheels. Physical therapist establishes a home exercise and maintenance program for the patient. Occupational therapists assist the patient to become independent with personal care duties. Speech-language pathologists teach proper swallowing techniques, word formation, and word enunciation. Medical social services help the patient and family members cope with the disease...
... middle of paper ...
...e to their patients and balance quality care with the efficiency and cost-saving measures the new payment method requires. Home health care agencies will need to stay on top of the proposed policy changes.
I think that home health care is an excellent option for patients who still want to be independent and they are able to do it from home. They are still provided the quality care they need from skilled workers in the privacy of their own homes. This option is also cost effective and provides jobs for home health aides and people who have experience in the specialty areas. HIM home care positions require knowledge of finance, quality improvement, utilization review, and information systems, and as HIM evolves I think home health care will open up more positions for HIM employees. HIM professionals can contribute greatly to the future business planning of home care.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Introduction It has been argued that there is no universally recognised definition for services. However, Philip Kotler (1997) has defined services as ‘any activity that does not result in the ownership of anything’. There are generally two types of distinguished services, tangible and intangible. Tangible services are services that customers can touch and feel whereas intangible services cannot be perceived by senses. The service sector across the globe has had a revolutionary change and businesses such as Virgin Atlantic have been using the latest technology; mainly the internet; as a base for expansion but also to offer a larger customer base its services.... [tags: Services Marketing]
2555 words (7.3 pages)
- Service is any act, performance or experience that one party can offer to another and that is essentially intangible, and does not result in ownership of anything. Its production may or may not be tie to a physical product (lovelock,Patterson & Wirtz, 2011). Services are processes that provide time, place, form, problem solving or experiential value to receiver (lovelock,Patterson et. Al, 2011). No matter how good a service is, it will always vary not only in terms of variability but also in terms of consumer’s expectation.... [tags: customer exptation,customer service,service]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction: According to Marks (2002), chronic illnesses (CIs) are diseases that are persistent, rarely cured completely and are not spontaneously resolved. Some examples of chronic diseases (CDs) are asthma, severe allergies, seizures, diabetes mellitus, autoimmune diseases, high blood pressure, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell anemia and cancer (Wikipedia, 2011). Different chronic illnesses have different adverse effects; however, chronic diseases generally affect adolescent population as it makes them vulnerable to their environment and to the demands of society.... [tags: Disease/Disorders]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Food is treated as such a commodity that currently more people die from hunger than AIDs, malaria, and tuberculosis combined (UN). The current number of chronically undernourished people in the world is 842 million. The Food and Agricultural Organization defines chronically undernourished or chronic hunger as “a state lasting for at least one year, of inability to acquire enough food, defined as a level of food intake insufficient to meet dietary energy requirements.” For the purposes of this report, hunger was defined as being synonymous with chronically undernourished.... [tags: hunger, undernourish, chronic]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- 3.4. Consequences of Role as Service Provider An affirmative outcome of role as Service Provider can be attributed to the faith and esteem that organisation achieved in the State. The popularity of organisation stimulated farmers to receive its technical advice on feasible sites for DWs. Moreover, GSDA’s recommendation provided financial support for digging wells that increased irrigated area on GW almost to four fold in shortest time. Striking advent of drilling BWs catered the safe drinking water needs of rural people independently.... [tags: Business Management]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION A service encounter is defined as a moment when a customer interacts with a service or product for the first time. It is the customer’s actual interaction with a service company. It is identified as a key component of the current agenda for service marketers. More than half of the world’s multinational corporations employ in providing services, thus the scrutiny of service encounters is becoming increasingly significant. Research evidence indicates that customers generally compare their expectations with the performance of service industries and they are influenced by the quality of service they receive.... [tags: customer interaction, service company]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- ... Likewise, an Information Service Provider can be clarified as a company whose central business consists of one or more of information provider roles (refer to figure 2.2). Information Service Provider roles provide services that give different type of information through Internet. Storage Service Provider Roles gives services to store and distribute information. Internet Network Service Provider (INSP) provide services to forward an information through IP to their goals. Figure 2.2 ISP Role Model Internet Service Provider Roles The Internet Service Provider can be categorized as follows (refer figure 2.2) Internet Network Service Providers (INSPs) is responsible for Internet connecti... [tags: commercial internet, malaysia]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- Providing great customer service and having the ability to retain customers require consistency in delivering the anticipated services. Customer service encompasses having the ability to provide a service or product to customers by means in which it was promised. However, there are times when unforeseen circumstances may occur, resulting in customer service breakdowns. Understanding the effectiveness of customer service relations provides the assurance needed to handle complicated service related issues.... [tags: Customer Service]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Choosing an Internet Service Provider As the Internet becomes more popular, both in e-commerce and personal computer use, the need for Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) grows. With so many ISP’s now in operation, the choices for service are vast and the process of finding the right provider for your needs has become much more involved than when the Internet first became accessible to the public. The first step in choosing an ISP is to know what you need. Will you be using the Internet for business or personal use.... [tags: Papers]
688 words (2 pages)
- Service process design: To design an efficient service, marketers and specialists in operations must work together. Process in goods production and services are different from each other. In production except for custom designed production, customer do not involve in the process other than opening the package. But the differentiating characteristic of the service is the extension of customer participation in the process of manufacturing and delivery service. In the services like real estate that there is a high interaction between customers and employees, also human resource specialists should cooperate.... [tags: Service Project, Design, ]
1365 words (3.9 pages)