A frequent argument that revisionists often use is the extermination of Jews. They claim that there is no proof of a plan to exterminate the Jewish race. Most people that are educated on the holocaust realize that during the war, no one acted as if anything were happening. If millions of Jews were being murdered, why would everyone just stand by? Revisionists believe that it is because it never happened. “The Final Solution” is thought to be an evacuation program. A program that sought out to resettle and deport Jews in order to evacuate Europe. Through the program, millions of Jews were boarded onto trains and moved to Eastern Europe. But if millions of Jews were being exterminated, how could nobody notice? As Arthur Butz stated, “without the evidence of [oral testimonies] there would be no actual evidence of ‘...
... middle of paper ...
Butz, Arthur R.. "Institute For Historical Review." A Brief Introduction to Holocaust
Revisionism. The Journal of Historical Review, 3 Apr 2014. Web. 3 Apr 2014.
"COMBATING HOLOCAUST DENIAL: EVIDENCE OF THE HOLOCAUST PRESENTED
AT NUREMBERG." United States Holocaust Memorial Museum . N.p., 10 June 2013. Web. 24 Apr. 2014.
"Holocaust Denial ." Jewish Virtual Library . American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise, 3
Apr 2014. Web. 3 Apr 2014.
Shermer, Michael. "Proving the Holocaust:The Refutation of Revisionism & The
Restoration of History." The Nizkor Project. Skeptic Magazine, n.d. Web. 8 Apr 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “One is astonished in the study of history at the recurrence of the idea that evil must be forgotten, distorted, skimmed over. The difficulty, of course, with this philosophy is that history loses its value as an incentive and example; it paints perfect men and noble nations, but it does not tell the truth.” -W.E.B Du Bois, Black Reconstruction, 1935 As early as age thirteen, we start learning about the Holocaust in classrooms and in textbooks. We learn that in the 1940s, the German Nazi party (led by Adolph Hitler) intentionally performed a mass genocide in order to try to breed a perfect population of human beings.... [tags: Holocaust Denial Essays]
2232 words (6.4 pages)
- Growing up, people learn about the past of their own kind and of the world they live in. One reads history in books, hears history from parents, and studies history at schools. Knowing the history of one's ancestors allows one to understand the past and change for a better future. Significant battles, civil movements, and reformations teach people valuable lessons and help the society to improve. The Holocaust, one of the most well-known history events, represents a perfect historical example of discrimination and racism.... [tags: adolf hitler, facist leaders, nazi]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Are You in Denial. Imagine if someone said that everything that happen to you in your life was a lie. The Holocaust survivors have to go through the rest of their life being told what they went through was a lie. These people are called Holocaust deniers, and they say the Holocaust never happened and teach other people to believe that it never happened. Holocaust denial is very wrong because it is prejudice toward Jews, hurtful to Holocaust survivors, and some things deniers say are not true. Denying the Holocaust is pretty much being prejudice toward Jews.... [tags: jews, holocaust deniers]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Denial of Life is Wrong What if people said your life never happened. People who lived through the Holocaust have to live with Holocaust deniers saying their life never happened. Holocaust survivors find this hurtful. If someone said your life never happened you would be just as mad as the Holocaust survivors. This is why Holocaust deniers are wrong because there were concentration camps, people lived through it, and there are artifacts from the Holocaust. After the Holocaust there were leftover concentration camps.... [tags: nazi, Auschwitz, jews]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Why would someone believe the Holocaust never existed. It has been proven with evidence and could be quite offensive to Holocaust survivors’ families. Despite overwhelming evidence and an admission and apology from Germany decades ago, revisionists continue to claim that nearly six million Jews were not killed by Nazis during the Holocaust (Holocaust Revisionism n.pag.) They believe the number was nowhere near six million and that they didn’t even prove that six thousand were killed. There are some reasons as to why some people may think the Holocaust did not ever happen, but there proven facts that it did occur, despite of what others think.... [tags: survivors, revisionists]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Genocide is best described as: “the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.” “If the holocaust is not a fact, then nothing is a fact.” A major part of the Holocaust genocide is denial. Holocaust denial is present in the United States, Europe, and Canada. These people, known as “revisionists” try to deny the extermination of six million Jews during World War II. The revisionists claim that there are no documents to prove the holocaust actually existed (Holocaust Denial n.... [tags: genocide, WWII]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- There is no single definition of ‘Holocaust denial’ or the individuals who preach it. However, scholars may define it as simply the claiming that the Nazis had no plan to exterminate Jews, that the numerous accusations of mass killings via gas chambers are false, or that the figure of 6 million murdered Jews is an irresponsible exaggeration.1 Additionally, many Holocaust deniers believe the Holocaust to be a means of deceit, created by the Soviet communists, the Allies, and the Jews in order to contain the dire truths of their own misdemeanours.... [tags: Holocaust Denial Essays]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Revisionism is the re-examination of previously determined historical to determine if they are false, and attempting to change people’s opinions on the facts. While this is possible with some areas of history, such as events that took place before written history, there are some topics that should just be left alone. The Holocaust is one event many have tried to revise but at which none have really succeeded. James Keegstra attempted to teach to his students his version revision on the Holocaust in his school classes and was met with legal repercussions.... [tags: jewish society, hate propaganda]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- The Holocaust is one of best-documented events in history, however, nearly 20 percent of Americans still question if the Holocaust ever happened (Darnell). Holocaust denial is defined as the belief or assertion that the Holocaust did not happen or was greatly exaggerated (Google). The Holocaust was a deliberate plan of termination of groups including Jews, Communists, homosexual people, mentally handicapped and non-Aryans. In the Holocaust, Nazis killed six million Jews and six million non-Jewish people.... [tags: religion, jews, canada]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Holocaust Denial Propaganda The Holocaust that took place during World War II is a very important incident in history. It is used as an example to prevent this from happening again. Today there is a movement that has the main goal of denying the Holocaust and that it ever happened. This propaganda movement targets the youth by placing ads in college newspapers. The denial of the Holocaust has been publicly present since the Nuremberg trials. Today the Holocaust denial is a propaganda movement whose goal is to deny the truth behind the Nazi regime’s mass murder of 6 million Jews during World War II.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2116 words (6 pages)