In most American families Easter is celebrated traditionally with kids searching for little plastic eggs with a variety of candies hidden inside. It is a time for families to come together and enjoy warm spring weather. Some kids also receive baskets full of anything from candy to video games, jackets, movies, or stuffed animals. A traditional lunch or dinner is usually served as well. Easter for some families like mine is for all branches of the family to come together and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Families all have their own unique and different ways to celebrate holidays. Some have traditions that stay the same, some change every year, and some may change over a period of time.
First of all, when I was between the age of three to five my sister and my one cousin would run crazy. For every holiday during that age we would leave the house around eleven am and drive an hour to my mom’s sisters or brothers house. For Easter though, we would not leave the house because Easter was the holiday that was celebrated at my house. Being between the ages three and five was perfect while celebrating a holiday like Easter. It was perfect because being those ages you wer...
... middle of paper ...
...r and I would sleep at my dad’s house, only because my mom had full custody of us both. Easter went from me enjoying time with family to enjoying it for a short period of time then becoming extremely annoyed.
To conclude, every family may have something in common when it comes to celebrating Easter, but every family adds something unique to their tradition. Some have traditions that stay the same, some change every year, and some may change over a period of time. Easter started out as a happy and fun filled event in my family. Serving two meals, exchanging stories with the family and us kids running around doing our own thing. As I got older the mood generally stayed the same, but us kids had chores to do and games to play. In the end, when my parents got divorced to the present day Easter took a fall. Easter is never a full day of happiness for my sister and I.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Holidays, Celebrations, and Festivals Galore How would you feel if every holiday and celebration were the exact same, well there not. Thank goodness the generations before us had already thought of that problem. There is a major diversity in holidays, festivals, and celebrations in Christianity, Judaism, and Hinduism. They celebrate for different reasons, and at different times. Holidays celebrate birthdays, celebration, and festivals. They resemble a major or important event in history. They have specific dates that they start on and end on.... [tags: Celebrations, Culture, Society, Diversity, Family]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- People Capital City The capital city of Finland is Helsinki. Helsinki was founded in 1550 and has been the capital of Finland since 1812. Helsinki is the home of the Finnish Parliament. Helsinki has many universities, including: • University of Helsinki • Aalto University • Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences • Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences • Sibelius Academy Helsinki is also known for many world-famous buildings, such as Johannes Cathedral and Uspenski Orthodox Church.... [tags: customs, Helsinki, holidays, traditions]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Did you know that the guillotine was still being used when the movie Star Wars (1977) was released. Perhaps you were unaware that the French celebrate almost a dozen national holidays every year. Maybe you were uniformed that about a third to a half of basic English words are derived from French words, including but not limited to: surf, view, strive, challenge, pride, and war. As you can see from the above information, the country of France has has a long and convoluted history, during which their advanced military, culture, and holidays have developed greatly.... [tags: military, traditions, holidays]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Psychological anthropology is the study of individuals and their personalities and identities, within particular cultural contexts. In this paper I will identify two different cultures in the world which are the American and Japanese. Then, I will examine their traditions through various life cycles. Based on the behaviors, customs, and beliefs of each of the two cultures, I will discuss how personalities and identities are formed and shaped within the two different cultures. Finally, I will be giving two specific examples for each of the selected cultures.... [tags: Culture]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Culture at its core is the collection of experiences that manifest into a joint human intellectual conscience. A collective conscience, what is right or wrong, is a concept that serves as the foundation that shows us that culture has a direct impact in creating social norms, roles, and values within our society. However, with the use of Macrosociology it is clear that many cultures have developed throughout human history that has distinctive similarities but also drastic differences from our own.... [tags: Sociology, Culture, Islam, Asia]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- In our culture there are many things that people do without question. Some things if deviated from, are very frowned upon and most everyone knows they must follow along to these things. Some examples of this are waving hello and goodbye, shaking hands with someone you’re greeting, and holding the door for the person behind you. In America we also celebrate many holidays that have essentially lost their true meaning. Christmas has been changed from the birth of Jesus Christ to the giving and receiving of gifts, family gathering, advertisements and food.... [tags: holidays, celebrating, equality]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- The major religions in Russia are Orthodox Christians, and Pentecostal Christians. Diversity of religions in Russia is widespread. Persecution for religious beliefs was a major historical event that happened over many decades. Some Christians believe that they sacrifice themselves and that sacrifice leads them a step closer to heaven. Orthodox Christianity is one of the most widespread religions. Similar to the U.S people believe what they want. But I don’t think it was always like that. From the few things I know Christians were persecuted for decades.... [tags: Russia, Soviet Union, Russians]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Jamaican culture is more than just Rastafarianism and Reggae music. The Jamaican culture encompasses every aspect of life from beliefs, superstitions, and practices to art, education, and tourism. However, the most important aspect of the culture is the African roots that still exist today. Religion and music became essential parts of the slave culture for communication purposes and barrier breakers. Culture is 'the property of the individual and it's a property of societies' (Alleyne 9). Jamaica has a very diverse culture with original natives coming into contact with the Spanish and English.... [tags: Jamaica Culture Rastafarianism Essays]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- The Iraqi Culture In recent years, the Iraqi nation has endured a crisis that will forever remain in the hearts and minds of the Middle Eastern culture. However, the outcomes of the War on Iraq will not change the long-lasting and passionate traditions and memories that have been held in the country for decades. One major event that happened in Iraq’s history is that on October 3, 1932 Iraq was established as an independent nation. Iraq has always been a country in which respect and generosity have been highly valued and play an important cultural role in everyday life.... [tags: Cultural, Iraq]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- Have you ever walked pasted a living, breathing skeleton. For that matter have you have seen an entire parade of them. This is a very common sight at the end of October in the Mexican culture. Who really needs personal space. The Chinese culture has neither the time nor space to allow for personal space. The Mexican and Chinese cultures may seem as if they are worlds apart, but both hold a significant importance in the world. There are enormous differences in these two cultures this is a gift and should be celebrated as such.... [tags: Chinese New Year, Chinese calendar, Mexico]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Diabetes Mellitus : A Group Of Metabolic Diseases
- Social And Legal Convention : Zh ƒÄ Le 's Husband Became The Master Of Her Life
- The Cost Of The Taxpayers Money
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Great Gatsby ' By F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I Was A Dream Team
- The Personality Traits Of The Pearson Prentice Hall Self Assessment Test