The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folded and started over as the present day Chicago Bulls. It took no time at all for the Bulls to catch on with Chicago fans, whom had already been great followers of the Stags. The entire basketball nation was excited to see how the Bulls would start their first season in the league. For some the results were a little disappointing.
To start their first season in the NBA the Bulls were lead by their head coach Jonny “RED” Kerr, a former star in the league. On October 15, 1966 the Chicago Bulls put out a starting cast of Len Chappell, Bob Boozer, Don Kojis, Jerry Sloan, and Guy Rodgers to face off against the St. Louis Hawks. Guy Rogers emerged as a hero when he poured in thirty seven points to help seal Chicago’s first ever win in the NBA. The Bulls went on to win their next three games in a row and finish their first NBA season with a record of 33-48. This as it turns out was the best record a new team had ever achieved (Chicago History).
This 33-48 record was enough to push the Bulls into the playoffs were they were eliminated by the Hawks...
... middle of paper ...
...years. They have been the home of the best basketball player to have ever lived and mostly they redefined winning.
N/A. “Year-by-year history of the Chicago Bulls”
N/A. “History / the official site of the Chicago Bulls”
Frank Fleming. “Chicago Bulls”
N/A. “Chicago Bulls franchise Index”
N/A. “Ranking top 25 players in Bull’s history”
N/A. “The team; The Bulls”
N/A. “The Chicago Bulls”
N/A. “Chicago Bulls”
N/A. “Chicago Bulls”
N/A. “Chicago Bulls”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Chicago Bulls, they have gone through many stages of success, including six championships with Michael Jordon’s Bulls. Michael Jordon in fact is the reason why most people know about the Bulls. The Bulls though do run deeper than just Michael Jordon, because before Jordon came to the Bulls the Bulls had to come to the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are one of the most memorable and historic professional basketball teams in history. The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folde... [tags: basketball, team, memorable]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- ... In 2008 the bulls won a lottery so they can have a top 5 pick in the beginning. When it was there turn to pick they picked derrick Rose. Rose became the youngest player to win the MVP honors in his 3rd season. Rose was one of the best players in the NBA when he was a rookie. Chicago bulls had the world’s greatest 4th quarter comeback in NBA history. Lots of fans always went to the bulls’ game because it was most fun and intense sometimes. Michael Jordan retired basketball when he was only 30.... [tags: professional basketball industry]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Have you ever wondered who is the best team to ever play basketball. They probably have a good regular season record, they won the finals, and they probably have some star caliber players. The 1995 Chicago Bulls fit that description. They had a great regular season winning seventy-two games. They dominated the league winning the division, the league, and the finals. None of this would be possible without their star players. They consisted of many star player including Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman.... [tags: basketball, season, games, players, team]
1413 words (4 pages)
- It was game six in the 1993 NBA finals the Bulls had a 3-2 lead over the Phoenix Suns in the series. The Suns led in the 4th quarter with 3.6 seconds left; Chicago’s John Praxon hit the last second three winning the game 99-98 and winning the finals for a third time in a row (year by year).. The Bulls have won six championships in eight seasons. They won three, then did not make it the next two seasons and then won the next three. The bulls are the best team in NBA history because they had Michael Jordan.... [tags: amazing NBA teams]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Basketball is one of the most popular sports in America, and only a few of the NBA stars are considered great. There is only one they call the greatest, with six national championships, and 5 MVPs under his name. Michael Jordan could play basketball so many ways he could make an opponent look bad by just passing the ball. Every fan and every announcer loved to say the name “Michael Jordan” or also known as “M.J.” Jordan was the talk of the country, every kid or fan wanted to have his autograph or basketball card.... [tags: NBA, Chicago Bulls, Professional Basketball]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Founded in 1833, Chicago Illinois is the third largest city in the Unites States with a population of 2.7 million people. Dubbed the Windy city, Chicago is known for its prominent sports teams such as the Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, Stanley cup winning Blackhawks, and The Chicago Bulls dynasty of which Michael Jordan was part of and became a prominent figure around the world. Additionally, Chicago’s iconic Willis Tower and many other great land marks that comprise the city has made Chicago one of the top destination sights around the world and can be argued to be one of the most beautiful city’s in the nation.... [tags: homicide rate, gangs, rappers]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Michael Jordan is known world round ad “Air Jordan”. He acquired this nickname by jumping from the free throw line and dunking. This simulated that he was “flying” through the air. By breaking countless records, winning many NBA titles and being known world round as the best basketball player there ever was, he has forever changed the game of basketball. Michael Jordan has broken many NBA records. One of the most prestigious records he holds is that he has five MVP awards. The MVP award is given to the player that has shown the most value to their team in the whole NBA league.... [tags: Sports, NBA]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- It is 1991 and the Chicago Bulls are playing the Lakers in the championship. Michael Jordan had just crossed over Magic Johnson and was on a fast break, when he saw Pippen in the corner. Jordan whips the ball to Pippen and Pippen knocked a three down to take the lead. That was the first championship the Bulls had ever won. Their all-star player, Michael Jordan, was drafted in 1980. Nobody knew that Michael would lead the Chicago Bulls to their first championship series. The Bulls who had two all-star players, Jordan and Scotty Pippen, which of who were the Chicago Bulls top scorers.... [tags: professional basketball teams, NBA]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Why Are The Chicago Bulls So Good. Two weeks ago, I was home watching a Chicago Bulls game. I started to analyze why the team had the best record in the league. About nine years ago, the Chicago Bulls selected Michael Jordan in the third pick of the college draft from North Carolina. A few years later, the Bulls drafted Scottie Pippen from Central Arkansas State and just recently acquired Dennis Rodman from the San Antonio Spurs. After my diagnosis, I concluded that the Bulls have the three key elements to win the championship in 1996.... [tags: essays research papers]
486 words (1.4 pages)
- Selmon Shewit Sports Effects on Technology Today here was no mistaking the feeling. It's the one where the throat tumbles into the stomach and the sweat turns cold. The Celtics were in danger of losing - again - to the Chicago Bulls. That would be twice in six days and there would be no way to put a positive spin on that. 'A loss to the Bulls really sticks in your head,' Paul Pierce said. 'It was like, oh no, not again.' But, of course, it never came to that. Pierce had something to do with it; he erupted for 17 of his game-high 38 points in the fourth quarter and the Celtics rallied for a 107-101 victory at the FleetCenter last night, their eighth win in nine games.... [tags: essays research papers]
738 words (2.1 pages)