It all started when Adolf Rickenbacker began producing the electric guitar in 1931. There is no one who really knows the true birth date of Rock n’ Roll, some say 1948(McName), others say it was started by Elvis Presley(McName). To be honest, many people say that Elvis Presley is the “King of Rock”(rockmusictimeline), and that he started Rock music. The thing people don’t realized is that it was actually invented by Chuck Berry in 1955( HistoryofRockMusic), and that it was first played only by black musicians (Hassel).
After ten years of being popular, June third 1956, Rock is banned because of a dance party that didn’t end very well.
Over the years, many people have created different genres. In 1970, Alice Cooper started Horror Rock and Black Sabbath started the Progressive Vertigo Label (Brunning and Pickering). There are so many different genres; it’s hard just to talk about just a few. Different Genres also include: Gothic Rock (which began in the 1990’s), Hair metal, Techno Rock,, and Instrumental Rock (which was created in Australia).
During the mid 1950’s, rock music became more interesting to young white teenagers (parents weren’t very pleased).This built a bridge between the black and white racial barriers among the teenagers (Hassel). In the 1960’s rock music takes over the pop charts.
Since Rock music has been around ...
... middle of paper ...
...l limit of alcohol in her system at the time of her demise.
A lot of time has passed since the first Rock n’ Roll band started and now there are some new amazing bands such as; Black Veil Brides, Falling In Reverse, Tokio Hotel, Avenge Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, and Bring Me The Horizon. If Rock n’ Roll hadn’t been started, I don’t think that any of the amazing bands would be around now.
To see how Rock n’ Roll has changed over time is very interesting, but think of how it will be later on, 20 or so years from now. Will rock music become like how it was when Chuck Berry? Will they turn the tides and go back to the more classic rock, or will they move on and create more genres? Will bands that perform on stage become more modest, or will they keep biting the heads off of bats? No one will know, well of course God will, but everyone else just has to wait and see.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rock and Roll has the most incredible history. Before there was rock and roll, there was blues. Most people think rock music started with Elvis Presley, but he didn’t record his first single until 1953. The first recorded song described as “Genuine Rock-and-Roll” was “Rocket ’88” by pianist Ike Turner and singer Jackie Brenston in 1951. Rock-and-Roll music in the 1950’s was described as a mixture of jazz, blues, country, and has a stronger guitar, bass, and drums. (A&E Biography Channel UK “SAM PHILLIPS The man who Invented Rock & Roll”.... [tags: History of Rock and Roll]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Rock music has come a long way since its development in the early 20th century. The genre, defined “as a merger between rhythm&blues and country” (Scaruffi, The History of Rock Music:1955-1966), started out more as an underground market, but ended up becoming a significant aspect of American popular music history. Rock-n-Roll music produce many legendary artists who will for ever be known as innovators of the genre. Elvis Presley and Chuck Berry were some of the many artists in Rock-n-Roll who will always live on in their music.Many teenagers were also to identify it due to its rebellious nature their disapproval of the cold war.... [tags: rock music, elvis presley, chuck berry]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Rock and roll has developed a long way throughout the years from a dance craze in the 1950’s to a political and cultural landscape that is recognized worldwide. Rock and roll has come to define the roots of teenage rebellion, people who don’t follow the norms, and have disrespect for authority. The style of rock and roll itself is a melting pot of music, a combination of sounds that include jazz, country, blues, ragtime, gospel, swing, classical, and ethnic music. It can be a simple variation of three chords to a complex chromatic scale combination.... [tags: Rock and Roll Will Never Die]
2091 words (6 pages)
- ... Though jazz, blues, and country are the foundation that rock was built off of, there were many influential bands that took those genres of music, started rock, and influenced other bands to mix it up, try new things, and expand rock to greater heights. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and Bob Dylan fit under this category. Some consider The Beatles as the greatest rock band ever. They wrote a lot of rock songs and influenced many pop bands. They inspired so many different bands and many different genres of music, thus making them one of the most influential bands.... [tags: music, instruments, metal]
2019 words (5.8 pages)
- Have you ever wanted to learn more about Rock n’ Roll, but didn’t know where to start. Well here is where you can learn all you need, from the beginning to the present 2014 rock. Have you ever wondered who are the original founders of rock, where the most popular places or banned places for rock were, the genres, or how it’s changed over time. You’ll learn all of that in a short period of time. It all started when Adolf Rickenbacker began producing the electric guitar in 1931. There is no one who really knows the true birth date of Rock n’ Roll, some say 1948(McName), others say it was started by Elvis Presley(McName).... [tags: guitar, genres, music]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- ... The thing that I could not understand was why groups like the Culture Club and their song “Karma Chameleon” would be studied in a class about rock and roll. I realized early in the class that rock and roll would barrow and steal from other genres and that we needed to know the connecting and how it came about. The one thing that I did not realize was how Boy George fit into that picture. I have learned a lot about rock and roll during the past eight weeks, but it is difficult for me to define it and have it make sense.... [tags: artists, career, music]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- History of Rock and Roll INTRODUCTION Rock and Roll started after the year 1955 with its roots being in Blues, Gospel, and Jazz. This influenced vocal music, which was popular with the African American population. Hep Harmony which added rhythm and harmony was sung by groups such as The "Mills Brothers" and the "Ink Spots". Small Swing Bands or Jump Bands featured saxophone soloists and repeated phrases. These city style blues featured singers such as Joe Turner, Dina Washington, T-Bone Walker, and composer-singer Percy Mayfield.... [tags: Music History Research Papers]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- A History Paper-Rock ‘n’ Roll Many people and many styles of music influenced Rock and Roll. The styles included Blues, Jazz, Gospel, Bluegrass, Boogie-Woogie, and Rockabilly. Each was a major factor into the introduction of a new style of music called Rock ‘N’ Roll. Popular music places a premium on accessibility, represents various meanings to boost both instant appeal and memorability - distinctive tunes, novel instrumental flourishes, danceable rhythms, repeated riffs - but its signal feature is melodic emphasis and great vocal gatherings.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- The 1960s were the "classic" age of rock music. The main sub-genres were defined in the 1960s. The paradigm of rock music as the "alternative" to commercial pop music was established in the 1960s. Wild experimentation alloweds rock musicians to explore a range of musical styles that few musicians had attempted before 1966. Captain Beefheart and the Velvet Underground also created a different kind of rock music within rock music, a different paradigm within the new paradigm, one that will influence alternative musicians for decades.... [tags: essays research papers]
1048 words (3 pages)
- History of the rock music industry Introduction: I. How has an industry grown to become a 32 billion dollars a year machine. II. Ill tell ou how, by scouting new talents from each and every corner of the world to bring us the music that each of us desires. III. This is the recording industry which even though their sales have been steadily declining due to internet piracy it is still an industry which has great importance in our lives. As college students alone spend about 450 million dollars on music, according to Harris Interactive a worldwide market research and consulting firm.... [tags: essays research papers]
542 words (1.5 pages)