The topic that I have chosen and researching about is an in-depth look into the history of computer programming languages. I chose this topic as a pathway for me to learn about them, and how they are applied to assist the real world. This topic relates to my life interest to become a computer programmer, to help others in the creation of new technology. Without them, what would power or provide the special features for our electronics? They were all designed with a special purpose, which would allow a developer’s imagination to take over and design his or her own architectural program.
To conduct my research, I used various search engines for Internet sources as well as read various textbooks. I mostly consulted with resources that are from an educational website or university. This assisted my research as to provide accurate and reliable information for me to use, as the Internet has been known to wrongly provide false knowledge. From this, I learned to cross-reference the websites that I use to ensure the dependability of it across multiple sources. This method proved to be effective in my opinion, as it proved a website to be valid by checking the information found on other websites. However, I have also realized that this method is not always fool-proof or fail-safe. And so, I examined the government and national archives to find my primary sources of statistics and first-hand accounts.
Programming languages, each uniquely designed, have a special purpose, and provide the tools to establish the compatibility between society and the technological world. It’s important to learn about the history of popular computer programming languages, as it grants computer use...
... middle of paper ...
"History of Java." An Introduction to the Java Programming Language. Binghamton University, 1997. Web. 5 May 2014.
"History of PHP." PHP. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 May 2014.
"Java History." Java Tutorial, n.d. Web. 05 May 2014.
"The Java Programming Language." N.p., 16 Dec. 1997. Web. 05 May 2014.
Ritchie, Dennis M. "The Development of the C Language*." Chistory. Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies, n.d. Web. 09 May 2014.
"What Most Schools Don't Teach." YouTube, 26 Feb. 2013. Web. 08 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the major paradigms in programming language is Object Oriented programming. In modern software engineering object oriented programming is considered as the major concept, as it allows the programmer to facilitate clean and efficient code. Apart from this, the design patterns of object oriented programming suits well with most of the computing issues. Object oriented programming produces well organized code and also focuses on determinant of productivity. In this report we will discuss and compare objected oriented programming language and procedural programming language along with the genesis of OOP.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Fortran is one of the thousands of different programming languages. A programming language is a set of grammatical rules or guidelines for a compiler to follow. A compiler is a program that converts a programming language into what is called the object code, which is usually binary. Object code is code that the computer or program can understand. Basically, programming languages are for us to be able to create programs and control a computer in a simpler way instead of using what the computer understands, object code.... [tags: machine language, computation ]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Abstract The adaptive steganography approach to Byzantine fault tolerance is defined not only by the analysis of local-area networks, but also by the key need for the Internet . In this work, we show the improvement of the transistor. In order to answer this problem, we prove that Smalltalk can be made random, scalable, and linear-time. Table of Contents 1) Introduction 2) Probabilistic Algorithms 3) Implementation 4) Results 4.1) Hardware and Software Configuration 4.2) Dogfooding Select 5) Related Work 6) Conclusion 1 Introduction Many physicists would agree that, had it not been for amphibious methodologies, the simulation of B-trees might never have occurred.... [tags: Computer Programming Languages]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- Computer programming, now a very contemporary work, can date back into the 1800s with the creation of the first analytical machines (Moore). Later, developing into complex algorithms that are used everywhere, we see a piece of modern technology. The history of computer programming, while long, is a very interesting topic that can be easily understood and related back to great inventions that helped change the course of history over the years. Starting with the microchip and leading into devices the size of a pencil that contain more processing power than the room sized computers that were widely used in the late 1960s.... [tags: computer science, algorithms, compilers]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Ideally, this suggestion can avoid the financial crisis based on the failure of credit department. From research and development investors’ point of view, even though the U.S. fiscal deficits year after year, but research funding has continued to increase (28). Nowadays, the financial crisis has got more severed. Thinking of the investment banks have performed the significantly technical positions in the financial history. Banks help raising money for the new company, and the product that they buy is raising comprehension of investors' interest in technology companies.... [tags: programming languages, remarkable creativity]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Statistics show that 90 percent of Americans own computers. All of these computers have capability to do amazing thing. Computers and the things that they can do make life easier. Without the career of computer programming, these things wouldn’t be possible. Computer programmers create a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something. Computer programming is interesting because of a love for computers and the things that they can do. To become a person that makes life easier for others involves computer programing.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Careers, Internet]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Computer Programming is a big industry. Without it, computers, video games, the internet, and even cell phones would not exist. Jobs are not scarce for computer programming today. Almost everything we use has to do with technology, and computer programmers are needed in order to make the projects happen. Computer programming is one of the more challenging jobs out in the world. Someone who quits easily when things get hard, or when something is not working the way that they want it to, will not succeed in computer programming.... [tags: technology, video games, internet]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Learning Team Project Language comparison of FORTRAN and Pascal Programming Concepts Abstract The following is a research paper regarding two programming languages called FORTRAN and Pascal. Pascal [mathematician/philosopher Blaise Pascal] was designed primarily as a tool for teaching good programming skills, but - thanks largely to the availability of Borland's inexpensive Pascal compiler for the early IBM PC - it has become popular outside of the classroom. Unlike many languages, Pascal requires a fairly structured approach, which prevents the kinds of indecipherable "spaghetti code" and easily-overlooked mistakes that plague programmers using languages such as Fortran or C.... [tags: Computer Programming Languages]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- Java is one of many high-level programming languages that use abstraction (reducing and factoring details) to create software for computers and many other electronic devices. Compared to low-level programming languages, high-level programming languages use a mixture of natural language (any language used by humans) and typical computer terms to create an easier to understand and simpler form of programming. Figures 1 and 2 show the difference in writing a simple program called “Hello World” in Assembly (a low-level programming language) and in Java.... [tags: Computer Programming]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- The COBOL programming language is typically used in large scale databases in banks and insurance companies. Today, COBOL is rarely used to write new software applications. It has been replaced by the C/C++ programming language, but up until the 80’s all business software was written using COBOL. This includes but not exclusively accounting, payroll, and large bank applications. COBOL is still used today due to the high cost in upgrading software, and recent studies show that as many as twelve million COBOL applications are still used today.... [tags: Computer Programming Languages]
1206 words (3.4 pages)