Today, Nigeria, Africa’s most populated country and largest economy, is seeing terrorization in its northeastern peaceful towns. Unfortunately it has had over approximately 12,000 deaths in the northeast since 2014 due to powerful Islamic insurgents. This group’s name translates to “People committed to the propagation of the prophet’s teachings and jihad” or “Western education is forbidden”. Following in Allah’s footsteps they kill, but this time with a motive. They violently follow their goal to get rid of Western influences, make northern Nigeria an Islamic state, institute Sharia Law, overthrow the government, and establish the meaning behind their name. These terrorists attack state institutions, Christian churches, bus stations, schools, and mosques. Boko Haram exposes Nigeria’s political, economic, and security issues due to the radical militant Islamic group.
In 2009, Boko Haram’s self-proclaimed leader, Mohammed Yusuf, was executed by Nigeria’s military causing the violence of the menace group to rebel. In addition, Nigeria’s unemployment rate is one key factor to why people join Boko Haram. Also, this presents the problem of poverty. As of November 15, 2015, the country’s unemployment rate for this current second quarter has increased 0.7 percent tha...
... middle of paper ...
... emphasized his commitment to closing the wealth gap by sharing economic growth earlier this year during his presidential campaign as an action to reduce poverty. Also, he promises to establish 720,000 jobs with agricultural sector and soft loans for manufacturers to boost number of jobs for Nigerians.
Boko haram shows Nigeria’s weaknesses in their poverty, inequality, and corruption. It is important to note the progress and commitment by Buhari and the military to destroy the menace and establish security in Nigeria. Buhari has shown massive reforms by eliminating people on the NNCP who took place in oil corruption, regaining districts from the insurgent group, and achieving the support from outside countries. This six-year issue of corruption will not disappear overnight. Though, Nigeria has recognized the problem and is taking the necessary steps to address it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... With the hustle and bustle of today’s society, some people find it harder to find the time to get out to meet someone. Internet dating has made it much easier for people to meet and not have to worry about finding the time in between work and other responsibilities. Others who are extremely shy or socially awkward, find it hard to even approach someone face to face. Sending someone an email or an instant message through an online dating service or social media, makes it much less intimidating for an otherwise shy individual.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- There is no way to eliminate internet dangers completely, but there are ways to significantly reduce them. People continuously lie on their online dating profiles to make themselves more attractive to others. With the security feature of background checks this problem would be eliminated. Jeffrey Marsalis was able to present himself online as a fireman, trauma surgeon, and even an astronaut; this would not be possible if all online dating websites provided background checks on his information (Peters).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- ... Paul Aditi compares the outcome of relationship begins through online dating services verse offline for meeting partners in his article, ‘Is Online Better Than Offline for Meeting Partners. Depends: Are You Looking to Marry or to Date?’ The research investigates data of the different types of relationships being formed as a result of meeting matcher online versus offline, relationship dissolution rates in difference relationship type and predicts the odds of relationship dissolution based on whether couples met online or offline.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- “Killings", written by Andre Dubus in 1979, involves several aspects such as revenge, morality, and murder. Elements, such as the story’s title, the order of events, and the development of the characters, are very unique. It successfully evokes emotion and suspense as the plot unfolds in sequence. Though it seems easily overlooked, the title “Killings” is very important due to the fact that the thrill of suspense is left in the mind of the reader. The title encourages readers to question who and what.... [tags: Essay on Killings, Andre Dubus ]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- The dating world has evolved tremendously over the year, more now than ever with technology. Today Americans are increasingly looking for love online through online dating sites and mobile dating apps. Data from the Pew internet reveals that 15% of Americans have used online dating (Smith,2016). A recent study showed that 542 people married every day in U.S due to the famous online dating site eHarmony. On average, through eHarmony more than 1 million Non-married people said they were in faithful relationships with an eHarmony match.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Online dating maybe the latest fad that hit the world, but conventional dating will always come out to be the best in show, Online dating has several different challenges when looking for a potential partner, for example: how does he look like, does he really look like what he says he does and the major one will he/she like how I look. While conventional dating usually requires you to have met/stalked the male or female in question, and generally unless it’s a blind date conventional dating usually involves some type of spark between the two people.... [tags: dating, match, attract]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- ... This later on became more advanced and slowly began to become what we now know as online dating. online dating has made a mark as to how we date, and it has improved it for the better. Online dating is often considered to be the best place to go for those who are having trouble looking for someone. It has made a difference as to how people now meet and how people approach each other. People now are able to send a message to whom they find online and chat which makes it much easier for those who get nervous easily.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- No true love The new trend of finding love on dating site spread rapidly in the United State of America. 15 percent of the American adults use online dating services to find love. Not only from teens to thirties internet daters use sites, but also fifties and sixties use it. In addition, rate of middle of 50 and early of 60 years old users take 12 percent of online daters. Adults of all ages are looking for love, which is the sweatiest behavior in the world. However, Internet dating has lots of problems.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- The new trend of finding love on dating site spread rapidly in the United States of America. Fifteen percent of the American adults use online dating services to find love. Not only from teens to 30 year olds, but also 50 and 60 year olds use it. In addition, rate of middle 50s and early 60s year olds make up 12 percent of online daters. Adults of all ages are looking for love, which is the sweatiest behavior in the world. However, Internet dating has lots of problems. 54% of online daters realized that their partner’s profiles were fake, which makes internet dating service dependable.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1399 words (4 pages)
- For the majority of Americans these are a necessary thing to have in order to keep roofs over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our stomachs. It seems that these days, employees are working well over the expected forty hours a week, which leaves little time to go out and meet that someone special. Is it any wonder then that most coworkers are finding themselves involved in an office romance. According to recent studies, 48% of employees admit to being involved in an office romance at some point in their careers (Voo).... [tags: Workplace Dating, 2014]
1250 words (3.6 pages)