FDF-2C remains at 95% complete. Construction site work has been halted as testing ensues. Such testing primarily includes: equipment programming, electrical and mechanical installation and air ductwork. Ms. Woodland is auditing PC payrolls for fringe benefit reviews. Several PC employees (with responsibilities on multiple projects) have expressed concern that their fringes are incorrect. The review is to be completed by COB November 29, 2016 (in absence of issues or the need for additional information from PC and/or their employees). The current participation remains at 30% MBE and 6% WBE. Demobilization activities are expected to increase the MBE participation if SAR submittals are approved.
The CHP status remains unchanged. General construction work is on hold while service manuals and engineering design reviews are being executed for the gas conditioning system. Thus, the CHP project remains at 94% complete.
The design goals were surpassed with 33% MBE 5% WBE. The construction goals (28.4% MBE and 4.2% WBE) are questionable with site work being on hold due to the payment dispute between Pepco and USC and ongoing gas conditioning testing delays. Additionally, previously submitted change orders have shifted participation, though exceptions may be granted for some of the more technical work, which sometimes does not have viable sources for M//WBE participation (e.g. Cambi systems). Further, self-performance (USC) has been increased in some general construction trades to prevent further delays for the operation phase of this design-build-operate project.
I am currently compiling a list of firms identified from the LSC “cleaned” list of viable M/WBE construction contractors to help the GC increase M/WBE participa...
... middle of paper ...
...n ongoing fringe benefit review taking place to ascertain if fringes are being properly paid for current PCC site workers. The investigation is to be completed by Ms. Woodland no latter than 11/30/2016.
Due to the ensuing holiday, the next team meeting will be held on December 1, 2016. In lieu of an in-person meeting, a conference call will take place on Wednesday afternoon at 1pm to discuss current and future employment opportunities as well as additional methods and sources for new applicants. I have strongly encouraged the team to increase outreach to a more educated pool of candidates to fulfill more technical positions (e.g. engineers and PM) advertised by firms such as Millhouse. Sources referred to secure such a pool have included, but are not limited to, UDC Career Center, Black Engineers Societies at local colleges, American Institute of Architects, etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When my search began for an internship site I had no experience in the social work profession. I had some professional experience in a half-way house for men and believed my professional future would be in some form of drug and alcohol rehabilitation. With limited experience I was not only concerned about the availability of potential sites but also the ability to interview well with limited experience. When I first met my internship counselor she assured me a placement would occur. We connected on a few occasions and she suggested potential sites would be calling but the phone remained silent.... [tags: Social work]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- The Lowry Landfill Superfund Site is located in Arapahoe County, Colorado, approximately 2 miles east of Aurora. It consists of approximately 507 acres of waste disposal area and is operated by Waste Management of Colorado, Inc. The land surrounding the site consists of native prairie grass and a wetland located along a local creek. Sections around the site are zoned for agricultural use including cattle grazing and non-irrigated wheat farms. 1 The area is home to numerous endangered species including the bald eagle and peregrine falcon.... [tags: wastes, lowry site, groundwater, contamination]
2979 words (8.5 pages)
- TAPHONOMIC STUDIES Studying taphonomy and site formation processes has really revolutionized the way archaeologists are able to reconstruct the past. A specific interest in taphonomy has led to an increase in preservation and interpretation of the archaeological record (Rick et al., 2006). Rick and colleagues (2006) examined taphonomy and site formation on California’s Channel Islands, a site inhabited by humans for over 12,000 calendar years. California’s Channel Islands contains thousands of archaeological sites with dense shell middens and villages to lithic camps (Rick et al., 2006).... [tags: Archaeology, Archaeological site]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- ... After ridiculing him all day, laughing at him to his face, we asked Powel for some of his Dobostorte. He wouldn't give it up. So the fork-lift driver - an oaf called Brian - took his paper bag away from him, gave him a clip about the ears for good measure, told him he was a "dumb Hungarian fool". Powel was Russian and everyone knew it, even Brian knew it, but he called him a "dumb Hungarian fool" all the same. There wasn't much of the Dobostorte left in any case, not enough to go around, so Brian beat Powel up, made him promise to bring more tomorrow, sent him home with his ear and his tongue bleeding and a couple of his teeth missing.... [tags: powell, construction work]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- At the On-Site Meeting, we had discussed all of the duties that I was starting to get involved in. For example, imputing information into Coroner ME and working on the year end statistics for 2015. We also talked about the powerpoint I was helping Michael with, called “1000 Ways to Die: Allen County Edition”. I had learned about a lot of different weird circumstances by going through those cases with Michael. I am a little bummed out that I will not be able to attend the Coroner’s Conference to see him present it.... [tags: Police, Sheriff, Crime, Criminal justice]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- ... General Dallaire commander of the UNAMIR sent an armed escort of five Ghanaian and ten Belgian peacekeepers to accompany her to the radio station. However, the presidential guard who had already taken over the radio station assassinated her along with the ten Belgian peacekeepers who were tortured and mutilated. The United States’ and Belgium governments soon held secret meetings and, fearing a repeat of the event and Belgian humiliation, agreed to oppose any United Nations Rwandan action. The United Nation’s Ambassador to the Security Council, Madeline Albright, was ordered by Washington to support withdrawals.... [tags: united nations, tutsis, the west]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- 1.Planning and Setting Goals: Setting goals in both the long and short term ensures a consistency towards work outcomes. It creates a shared understanding of the commitment and responsibility necessary to move project or workplace forward. With a solid strategic plan a work team and their manager can be oriented to make tough decisions and choices for 'the end result '. When a plan can be made available to employees it creates a conversation around 'buy in ' and can enthuse and energise all involved.... [tags: Strategy, Management, The Work, Time]
712 words (2 pages)
- What are the differences between work and labor. There are many differences between work and labor. At the same time, it is complex to point out these differences because they are subtle. To illustrate one difference between work and labor, here is an example from a building site. The manager or contractor organizes the structure of the tasks that need to be executed. The laborers are those who are doing the heavy work, laying bricks, digging the holes and carrying the lumber. The manager, foreman and the laborers, however, are all working at the site.... [tags: Work, career, ]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- "The tools of molecular biology have enormous potential for both good and evil. Lurking behind every genetic dream come true is a possible Brave New World nightmare" (Dudley 13). Although we all might not acknowledge it, these words hold the key to the future of mankind. The science of genetic engineering, also referred to as biotechnology, first came into the scientific realm in the 1970s. This recent technology offered a new way to manipulate an organism or a population of organisms. Researchers and scientists from around the world were thrilled at the upcoming knowledge that could answer many of their questions dealing with all aspects of genetics.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
2919 words (8.3 pages)
- Promoting a World Wide Web Site As we enter the new millenium, more and more businesses are deciding to go along with building what is called sites on the world wide web, better known as a web site. It seems as though these days to many people is that all you have to do is build a web site and you are set to go. Being as upfront as possible there is an extreme downside to this method. Just building the web site will not bring anybody to the web site. To get people to visit a web site certain processes have to be taken to promote the web site.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1582 words (4.5 pages)