Microsoft started off as a small computer company with only 25 workers and a small office. However, Gates made sure the company’s products were first class. He personally reviewed every line of code the company shipped, usually rewriting them when he saw fit. Soon, his company started to grow with other companies such as Apple, Intel, and IBM. The main materials required for their products are glass, plastic and copper. Glass was required for their monitors, a special plastic is needed to make the disks, and copper is needed for the wiring. As time went by, many other computer industries, such as IBM were looking for software to operate on their computers. Many of them came to approach Microsoft. One of the first to do so was IBM.
IBM was looking for software to operate their upcoming PCs, and decided to approach Microsoft. Gates convinced them that his company could meet their needs, but the main problem was that they had not developed the basic operating system that could run on IBM’s PCs. Therefore, Gates bought an operating system that was developed to run on computers similar to PC. He made a deal with the software developer, making Microsoft their licensing agent, later to be the full owner of the system. However, because Microso...
... middle of paper ...
...e/bill-gates-9307520?page=5#the-invention-of-microsoft-windows [Accessed: 23 Mar 2014].
• Answers.com. 2014. What are the raw materials used in Microsoft?. [online] Available at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_raw_materials_used_in_Microsoft?#slide=3 [Accessed: 23 Mar 2014].
• Logo, M. 2014. All Logos: Microsoft Logo. [online] Available at: http://alllogos7.blogspot.in/2013/02/microsoft-logo.html [Accessed: 23 Mar 2014].
• Gates, B., Myhrvold, N. and Rinearson, P. 1996. The road ahead. New York: Penguin Books.
• Cite This For Me. 2014. Cite This For Me: Automatic bibliography generator. [online] Available at: http://www.citethisforme.com/cite/website [Accessed: 23 Mar 2014].
• Careers.microsoft.com. 2014. Microsoft Careers: Apply Now - Overview. [online] Available at: http://careers.microsoft.com/careers/en/us/applyoverview.aspx [Accessed: 23 Mar 2014].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- William Henry Gates III, or more commonly known as Bill Gates, was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He began to show an interest in technology at the age of 13, creating a software program to play tic-tac-toe. Over time, he and his partner Paul Allen built the world’s largest software business, Microsoft. With Microsoft’s great success, Bill Gates turned out to be one of the richest men in the world. In February 2014, Bill Gates decided to step down as the chairman of Microsoft. Microsoft started off as a small computer company with only 25 workers and a small office.... [tags: technology, software, IBM]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Practically, there was a program manager and a print manager, furthering the viability of their use in the home setting; this was the first version in which Microsoft released a software development kit, to more easily allow developers to create to programs, which undoubtedly only furthered their popularity. In 1995, the newest installment in the Windows franchise, cleverly named, Windows 95, was the first to feature the iconic start button that allows quick access too many functions on the computer.... [tags: operating systems, bill gates]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Microsoft History In terms of a progress, from uncivilized era of Stone Age to a civilized world of 21st Century, human mind has played a vital role in the society over the centuries. Human’s mind have gathered an ocean of knowledge, and created lot of device to make the world a better and comfortable place for the entire human race. There have been tremendous efforts and thoughts are invested to invent and create new products to leisure everyday life. Products such as automobiles, farming equipment, appliances and many electronic products have made life much easier since last century.... [tags: bill gates, technology, brand name]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- The Three-Fold Influence of Bill Gates Bill Gates is one of the most powerful, famous and wealthy people in the world. He is also one of the biggest philanthropists who are responsible for giving away billions of dollars to worthy causes and people in need all over the world. As a self-made businessman and founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates has had more influence over the basic aspects of peoples ' lives than almost any other person in the world. These three factors of wealth, philanthropy, and invention mean that Bill Gates, for me, is one of the most influential people in the history.... [tags: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Time’s 100 +1 Most Influential People 2014 was a year of big events, from record breaking events in the Sochi Winter Olympics to the Ebola virus outbreak, 2014 had its ups and downs. Surrounded by these groundbreaking events, Time Magazine compiled the 100 most influential people of the year. Although Time did an impeccable job of composing this list, one man was left off. This man funded the prevention of around 13.6 million deaths, was owner of a foundation that funded over 3.6 billion in scholarships, and donated billions to over 25 charitable foundations.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- The Face of Microsoft How you ever thought about the people who are the face of the company. Why are they the face of the company. What did they do to get this kind of image. Most of the time, a person who founded the company is the face of the company. What if there is more than one cofounder of the company. Then who is the face of the company. There cannot be multiple faces of the company. For example, Microsoft is one these companies that has more than one cofounder of the company. Nevertheless, Bill Gates is the face of the company, not Paul Allen.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Technology has been something that over the years has steadily evolved, become obsolete, and discovered ever since the beginning of time. In 1975, technology would be introduced to a pair of college dropouts looking to make a difference. These two individuals were Bill Gates and Paul Allen the founders of Microsoft. Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded the company Microsoft with a massive vision for the time, and that was the in the future there would be a personal computer on every desktop and home ("A History of Windows" n.d.) .... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Computer]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Since the early 1980’s, Microsoft Corporation has been a global leader in software technology . Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen , Microsoft’s history with computing and software is quite lengthy as is accomplished. According to their company website, Gates and Allen began small, but went on with the express goal to famously ensure that there was “a computer on every desktop and in every home. ” In subsequent years, Microsoft positioned its brand as an innovative leader in software, and begins to proceed to change the way we work.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Bill Gates and Microsoft Just past 9 PM on October 28, 1955, the man who would revolutionize the computer industry as we know it, was born. The son of Bill Jr. and Mary Gates was named William Henry Gates III. The computer super-genius was soon to take his place in history. Within the last fifteen years the company that he and Paul Allan started, Microsoft, has become the largest software corporation in the computer industry.... [tags: Papers]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Microsoft’s Bill Gates, though a transactional leader, he is by far a charismatic leader. He really fits the mold of a computer “geek”. He motivates his employees because his personality fits theirs. Thus, as a champion in the computer industry, he is the champion of the computer geeks. The more his company grows and wins in the marketplace, the harder people work for him. He continues to have good vision, vision that gets good results. Good vision, good workers and a good history of success will keep Bill Gates and Microsoft in the limelight for years to come.... [tags: essays research papers]
1223 words (3.5 pages)