Like any other type of movie or show, there are many different type of genres in anime, including comedy, romance, action, and drama. There are also anime targeted to the male audience (shonen), and for the female audience (shoujo). Anime is not bias, they make anime for every single type of person. Every person has their own preference for what they may like, some people may like to watch action, some may like to watch romance, and etc. However even within anime there are unique types of genres limited to only anime. Some Unique types of genres limited to only anime can include “Mecha”, “Mahou Shoujo”, “Slice of life”, “Shounen Ai”, and also “Shoujo Ai”. These genres are unique, Mecha would involve robots, mahou shoujo would include magical girls (Sailor Moon), slice of life tries to captures the everyday life, Shounen Ai and Shoujo Ai are very unique. Shonen Ai, means Boys love, and Shoujo Ai means girls love, this types of genre are very unique as it is not introduced in many other types of shows, these genres freely express homosexual relationships. However that is not the only unique feature that animes have.
Anime has many unique type ...
... middle of paper ...
...es of Disney characters, such as Snow White, Mickey Mouse, and Betty Boop. Anime has evolved so much since the first film made. Anime came to the United states in a very unique way, during a sci-fi convention. Anime has a big influence on today’s society including cosplay, conventions, and collecting merchandise.
"What Is Anime?" Anime Project Intro. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Oct. 2013.
"Anime." - News Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Oct. 2013.
"Washi's Blog." Washis Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Oct. 2013.
"What Is Japanese Anime?" WiseGEEK. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2013.
"AAP Info About Anime." AAP Info About Anime. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Oct. 2013.
"Manna Anime "What Is Anime?" FAQ." Manna Anime "What Is Anime?" FAQ. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
"How to Make a Simple and Easy AMV." WikiHow. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
"Features." ISugoi. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Manga and anime are a very huge part of Japanese culture. They have a long history in Japan and they have gotten increasingly popular. Even now in modern day Japan, manga and anime have become a major part of everyday life. Though accepted into many households, some people believe that manga and anime are a bad influence to the people that enjoy reading and watching them. However, manga and anime give the people of Japan a huge quantity of stories to explore and enjoy and a wide range of genres to choose from that it makes it such a favored hobby.... [tags: Japan, Everyday Life, History]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- In the examination of the technological innovations, themed plotlines, and evolving characterizations throughout the near-century of Disney history, one fact becomes inherently apparent: the Disney franchise and its productions have both impacted and been impacted by the circumstances during different cultural eras of American history. Whether it be the incorporation of multiracial princesses in films such as Mulan (1998) and The Princess and the Frog (2009) in the past half century’s age of improved racial relations; the evident austere transformation in the character of Mickey Mouse throughout the Depression days; or the incorporation of wartime propaganda in Donald Duck shorts1, the Disne... [tags: Disney versus Anime]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- According to Global Road Warrior, Japan's population as of July 2013 is at 127,253,075 people, with an over-whelming majority of the public being elderly. "The Report says that two out of five Japanese will be over the age of sixty five by 2060" (PressTvGlobalNews). This sort of issue has yet to happen in all of history, so what is the cause of this crisis. It is becoming wildly believed that the media, influence and life style changes are having a great impact on this population decline. Media has the strongest overall influence on society as a whole.... [tags: media influence, lifestyle changes]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Manga and anime are popular for many people around the world and has been one of Japan’s most lucrative businesses. Manga and anime are misunderstood by some Americans who are unable to recognize the draw to them. To understand both styles, people need to know where they came from and what makes them a preferred interest of so many others. Japanese scroll paintings called the Animal Scrolls progressed into what today is known as manga and then into anime. Animal Scrolls are from the middle of the twelfth century and are recognized to have been created by Bishop Toba (1053–1140).... [tags: Japanese anime]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Influence of Nuclear Destruction on the Evolution of Japan “The strangest thing was the silence. It was one of the most unforgettable impressions I have. You’d think that people would be panic-stricken, running, yelling. Not at Hiroshima. They moved in slow motion, like figures in a silent movie, shuffling through the dust and smoke. I heard thousands of people breathing the words, ‘water, give me water.’ Many simply dropped to the ground and died.” ~Setsuko Thurlow In a flash, 120,000 corporeal humans are destroyed.... [tags: Exploratory Research]
2575 words (7.4 pages)
- Anime is a popular type of entertainment, primarily watched during one’s freetime that was originally created by the Japanese. Its origin stems back to World War II in which cartoonists and artists were enlisted in order to utilize art as a form of propaganda to rally their nation together against its enemies (novaonline.com). As World War II ended, propaganda was no longer necessary and cartoonists soon introduced a new form of entertainment that is now known as anime. Around the 1980s and 1990s is when anime began to flourish, becoming significantly well-known in America.... [tags: Anime, Dubbing, Western culture, Western world]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- We cannot doubt that Japan has the biggest animation industry in the world. As an animation superpower, Japan has surpassed the United States in animation export and become the world’s largest exporter of animation (Guo, 2013). The globalization of Japanese animation has huge development in recent two decades. Animation brings huge economic benefits to Japan. This essay will research various aspects of Japanese animation, including background, global influences, differences between American and Japanese animation and cross-cultural communication.... [tags: manga, american animation, animation industry]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- What is the History and the Appeal of Anime. Anime has been around for a very long time and has amassed a gigantic fan base. Anime at its core is animation done in a more (for lack of a term) emotional style. But, what history does it have to tell and how has it become so popular. Anime’s use of its rich history, the size of the “Otaku” fan base, and it’s unfortunate overuse of fan service has led to a massive fan base over the years that stretches to the four corners of the world. Anime’s history reaches from as far back as the 18th century, to the Second World War, to present day.... [tags: manga, Japanese comic books]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- I first became involved with anime at the age of five when a traumatic event occurred in my life which led me to the world of anime. I remember that my dad took me to the park to play and that there was a man being aggressive along with cussing at the community. We were still inside the car and the man walked up to us and started hitting the driver side of the car, I jumped to the back of the car and began crying out of fear, screaming to my dad to lets go but he wouldn’t listen. The police came immediately and secured the man but I didn’t care about that, I just didn’t understand why my dad wouldn’t listen to my words of plea.... [tags: Family, High school, Anime, Animation]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Anime Anime is the Japanese take on the word "animation". It represents the Japanese style of animating cartoons. However, not all anime is for children. Majority imported to America is aimed at an adult audience- containing deep storylines, graphic violence, gore, as well as nudity and adult situations. This cinematic genre is a fast growing trend in the west and can now possibly be considered the most popular phenomenon among children, considering the success of the much-in-demand anime series "Pokémon".... [tags: essays papers]
1151 words (3.3 pages)