The Battle of Vimy Ridge is Canada’s most celebrated battle of World War I. Canada claimed victory on German forces on April 9, 1917. The battle was lead by Arthur Currie, the first Canadian to be promoted to the rank of General. Because of him and other factors, the battle was successful. He had planned and strategized for months beforehand so that every soldier knew exactly what his job was when the time came to attack. It only took a few hours until more German prisoners, land and guns were taken than in the first two years of the war. That shows how effective this battle was.
This event impacted and shaped Canada in which it was a major turning point in the war. Until then, the war hadn’t been going too well for Canada and its allies.
Canadians should be proud that even after several unsuccessful attempts by French and British troops, we were brave enough to not just try, but do it ourselves, and on top of that, win.
I picked it because I thought it was one of the most important events during the war of this era. It also makes me proud to be Canadian to ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)
- Ayauna Sumpter Family History Assignment Customs, traditions, rules, and religion these are a few of the main things that make families so unique. Being that these 4 components is what makes up one big family there is way that these compartments intertwine, I am only 19 years old, and I 'm pretty sure my family history can go on forever, but I decided to expand my knowledge based on my immediate family members. This will only consist of my Grandmothers family history and how she created her family to follow all of the traditions and customs she was taught while growing up.... [tags: Family, Christmas, Mother, Grandparent]
2087 words (6 pages)
- Final Essay Assignment-Dual Credit History Difference:Civil War. Slaves:Emancipation Proclamation. These are just a few of the problems that started and finished slavery. No doubt that we’ve all had essays, projects, class work, or even seen a movie or two that have dealt with slavery. We know that slaves were ripped from their home countries and families, sent to America, and were forced to work. Undoubtedly, the Civil War was one of the notable worst periods in America. In the light of only knowing more about the War and common “American” perspective, it is easy to dismiss the thought of what actually happened to the enslaved during and after the war.... [tags: African American, American Civil War, Slavery]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- How has the role of teachers changed, what factors have entered into the changing role of teachers. That is the topic of this lesson. To complete this lesson you will: write a review of a journal article. THE 21st CENTURY LIBRARIAN The classroom teacher is not the only professional in the school whose role is changing. Look at this video to see how the school librarian's role has changed in the modern school. The 21st Century Librarian JOURNAL ARTICLE REVIEW 1 "Codes of Ethics" Topic: Teacher's Code of Ethics.... [tags: Assignment Review]
701 words (2 pages)
- It’s the year 2000, and a familiar song is being re-imagined by a French rapper. This is soon interrupted by Tommy DeVito, explaining that the 1975 song “oh what a night” by the Four Seasons, of which he was a member, is, in the year 2000, topping the charts in France for ten straight weeks. The setting then moves to 1950’s New Jersey where a teenage Tommy, looking to start a band with some of his Jersey buddies, discovers an angelic-voiced 15 year old named Frankie Castellucio. Before long, they form an unsuccessful group with the help of another kid from their working-poor New Jersey neighborhood, Nick Massi.... [tags: tommy devito, four seasons, castellucio]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Four Holy Truths in Buddhism are key components to the understanding of Buddhism and the teachings of Buddha. They are four very simple rules that provide a broad explanation on how to obtain a more positive, and stress free life. They represent the beginning of a long journey to inner peace, happiness, and most importantly an end to suffering. The four noble truths that Buddha taught are: Dukkha, Samudaya, Nirodha, and the elements of the Eightfold Path. The first noble truth is that life contains unavoidable suffering or dukkha.... [tags: Four Noble Truths, Noble Eightfold Path, Dukkha]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Testing an Author’s Vision Organization Guide Introduction You will need to transition us, the readers, from our world into your paper. Make sure you give us a sense of context (what gave rise to your paper?), conflict (give us a sense of They Say/I Say), and focus (give us a question that focuses your paper or give us your thesis statement). So, for the focus you might have: ---Is this vision of genetic manipulation in literature possible, and if so, should we be afraid. ---OR….This vision of genetic manipulation is occurring in small amounts today and could blossom into a world in which individuals fear imperfection and groups of perfect people wield power over those less than the visio... [tags: Assignment]
1045 words (3 pages)
- "Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity." -Viktor Frankl Done because I was told to do so, I think not. All assignments are done by people like me who care where they will be ten, twenty, even thirty years from now. Assignments are designed to further ones knowledge about a specific subject, and this one is pushing me to do better.... [tags: Writing Assignment]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- The Importance of History in 1984 Time is an amazing element of the universe we are in. It is a driving force - we cannot speed it up or slow it down, it perpetually marches forward at a constant speed. After a moment in time has past, it becomes the past, and we have absolutely no way of going back to it to experience it again in a new way. Once time has past, all that remains is our perception of it. History is nothing more than our collective perceptions of the past. And perception is not like time - it is not constant, it can be altered.... [tags: Nineteen Eighty-Four 1984 Essays]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- The Language of Male Supremacy in She and The Sign of Four These days we have to be extremely careful when we write or speak. In fact, at times it seems as if we must communicate as if tip toeing through a veritable minefield of the dangerous misinterpretations of our words. Since many words and phrases can be construed or misconstrued as offensive, there is a heightened sensitivity to the use of language. This is not necessarily a bad thing. We certainly need to live in world where all people are treated with dignity and respect, and our use of language should reflect this ideal. Most of us would not intentionally offend a person from a different race, culture, or creed, but... [tags: She Four]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- An Exploration of Media and its Effects on Social Rleationships: "Media/Society: Industries, Images, and Audience" by David Croteau and William Hoynes
- Problems With the No-Serve List
- Ebola Virus Infection Treatment & Management
- Grandparents and their Role in a Child's Life
- Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird
- Same Sex Marriage and Politics in the U.S.