Microsoft mission statement: Accessibility make it easier for everyone to see, hear, and use technology, and to personalize their computers to meet their own needs and preferences. For many people with impairments, accessibility is what makes computer use possible.
• Microsoft health
• Windows phone
• Internet explorer
• Microsoft office
• Visual Studio
Microsoft is a Public Company, that
Microsoft has its headquarters ____________________ USA
Microsoft Strengths: the brand itself is huge. Microsoft is the leading software and hardware company in the world. It has one of the easiest to operating systems to use, and also the easiest operating systems to install. Because of the easiness in the use, people to may choose Windows over other software giants like apple or Linux. Software that runs on Xbox one and 360 are similar to the windows based software, and due to the simplicity of the software, and the programs and features in the software, people may chose Xbox over competition like Sony’s PlayStations or Nintendo Wii U. Another strength of Microsoft is the pricing. Windows based PCs, pricing can start from 199USD to over 5999USD(alienware). The cheap laptops may have great quality for a great price, for them that cant afford expensive laptops. While the really expensive laptops are built for hardcore gamers or powerful graphics designing. Microsoft has bought a few different companies like Skype(8Billion) and Nokia, in which they have managed to bring back a company that had almost been bankrupt. Now Microsoft owns, some o...
... middle of paper ...
... has dropped and now that they give a extra product for free, has boosted the sales of Xbox one by 96%. Microsoft has had a lot of project that had been leaked before, and then copied by other companies. Microsoft has also been sue a few times before.
POLITICAL: There are very little Microsoft store in America. Microsoft has to open more stores throughout America, as there one or more apple store in every state. But not only does apple have its own stores in America, but apple has its own stores worldwide. Microsoft also has to think on this and plan to open more stores worldwide. Domestic and international activist and pressure group- doing what pressure group on the industry do. Taking for example, Microsoft has to copy similar ideas from Google or apple, yet not getting sued for that. Or try to reinvent technology, like they once did so.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Microsoft, one of the largest corporations in the world today, employs over 93,000 people and is a public, multinational company that manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computers and is most widely known for its Microsoft Windows operating system. Microsoft not only markets computer hardware products such as the Microsoft mouse and the Microsoft Natural keyboard, but it also manufactures and sells home entertainment products including, the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Zune.... [tags: computers]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Microsoft is an international corporation based in Redmond, Washington. The company was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. It is the largest software developer in the world by revenue, and it has diversified its market significantly since the 1990s with many new acquisitions and product developments in both the hardware and software market. Microsoft is known for having brought MS-DOS and the subsequent line of Windows operating systems to the world starting in the 1980s; arguably the company’s biggest claim to fame.... [tags: business and management analysis]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, two MIT students. According to crunchbase.com (2011) Microsoft is known for its “Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software”, as well as other products like Xbox, Zune and the Bing Search engine (para.1). What started out as a garage company has over the years blossomed into a software conglomerate of 89,000 employees. Aside from their internationally recognized products, I attribute Microsoft’s success and longevity of market reign to the fact they are a combination of an organic and mechanic organization.... [tags: Bill Gates, Paul Allen]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Abstract: The following research is designed to provide the reader with an understanding as to how Microsoft and Sony have developed as a company throughout the years. The research will show the combined efforts of two large companies and there mark into the gaming industry. Microsoft and Sony’s environment, company, and leadership styles are what have kept the company on the leading edge of technology. However, where do the companies begin to mark their niche into the market will be interesting to see with the difference in the two companies and their corporate ideas.... [tags: essays research papers]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Since the early 1980’s, Microsoft Corporation has been a global leader in software technology . Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen , Microsoft’s history with computing and software is quite lengthy as is accomplished. According to their company website, Gates and Allen began small, but went on with the express goal to famously ensure that there was “a computer on every desktop and in every home. ” In subsequent years, Microsoft positioned its brand as an innovative leader in software, and begins to proceed to change the way we work.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- PROBLEMS: The People lack DEEP KNOWLEDGE: With a gross cut in the number staff of about 200,000 as a result of noticeable decline in performance, IBM 's control continued to wane around 1990s. IBM reported its first huge loss in 1990; its income declined by 74.8% toward the end of the year. Resultantly IBM was relegated to 45th place in the Forbes records. IBM woes further deepened as a result of the promoters’ denial of the fact that their income and reputation were on the dwindling trend. Another factor responsible for the downward trend of IBM around this time is the incursion of new IT companies, Microsoft Corporation and Intel Corporation.... [tags: Corporate governance, Corporation, Management]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Microsoft Corporation is the market leader in the U.S. computer software company. Microsoft was founded in 1975 by William H. Gates III and Paul Allen both had met during their studies , through their common love of programming with the PDP -10 computer from Digital Equipment Corporation. In 1975 they collaborated on the first version of the programming language BASIC for the MITS Altair computer, the first personal computer . This led to the creation of Microsoft in Albuquerque, New Mexico , in the same year.... [tags: software company, gates]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Word Microsoft Corporation USE APP 1 / 3 Unit 2. Working in the Science Industry Assignment 3. Part A. 1. How would you transfer old written documents (e.g.) Health and Safety records) into the LIMS. Most old documents are hand written but now we rely on electronic copy as it is easier to find using the search button rather than looking through stacks of old paper documents, one by one.Old documents such as images and files can be scanned and uploaded onto the system, in a PDF format or word format and old data such as order lists, which used to be kept in a log book, can be put in spreadsheet format such as Excel, in a folder, with a clear name to show what the investigation is about.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- The History of Microsoft Historians categorize blocks of time with the discovery of certain raw materials that humans utilized. The Bronze Age and the Iron Age were two periods in human history that proved through the discovery of artifacts that humans learned to harness these raw materials ingeniously. The Industrial Revolution of the late nineteenth century brought the discoveries of the Bronze and Iron Ages to new heights, and the advent of the locomotive, automobiles, cargo ships and airplanes were the most evident by-products of such raw materials.... [tags: Microsoft Computer Software Technology Essays]
4571 words (13.1 pages)
- Government Regulation of the Microsoft Corporation Does the government have the right to regulate large corporations, namely the Microsoft Corporation. If so, then to what extent can the government do so. Based on our research, it is the government’s responsibility to remedy Microsoft’s noncompetitive behavior in order to increase fair competition. The Microsoft vs. the Government trial has many possible outcomes, which may affect a specific party. Not only does the outcome affect the Microsoft Corporation, but it also affects the rival companies and the consumer.... [tags: Economics Microsoft Essay]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- Nonprofit Organizations Want to Help the World
- Turning 15 in Julia Alvarez's Book, Once Upon a Quinceañera
- Rottenness Crept Over of Denmark in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- 50-Year Vision of Making Doha Competitive
- Resolutions and and Compromises in 12 Angry Men by George C. Scott
- The Absurd, Chaotic World in The Stranger, by Albert Camus