The first style of wrestling is Folkstyle. Folkstyle is mainly wrestled in College, High School and Middle School Events, although some kids practice and participate in elementary school. Folkstyle has a rich heritage going back to the beginning days of the United States and has touched every part of American Life. The first real traces of the development of wrestling date back to Sumerians over 5,000 years ago. The Epic of Gilgamesh written in cuneiform, the sculptures and low beliefs, are numerous sources that reveal the first referred competitions, accompanied by music. There are also many historical and archaeological traces of wrestling in Ancient Egypt. Worthy of mentioning, among them is in particular the drawings discovered in the tombs of Beni-Hassan representing of 400 couples of wrestling. Many United States Presidents were Folkstyle wrestlers. This list includes Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt, and the speaker of American House of Representatives, Mr. Denny Hastert, who also became a distinguished Folkstyle coach. Folkstyle wrestling is the fifth most popular sport in American High Schools and most commonly practiced style of wrestling in the United States. The pinnacle of the sport, the national university tournament, is br...
... middle of paper ...
...lives. Without wrestling, there would be no fighting, no self-defense options or maneuvers, or any way for someone to be in the best shape of their life, without being in the military or special workout programs. Involved and used in everyday life, wrestling is not given the credit or respect that it deserves, for the sole fact that it is no football or basketball, and people don’t usually grow up doing it everyday in the local neighborhoods. (Myself).
Barron. Wrestling Ryan Ashley. Ed. Ryan Ashley. Spring Hope: Ryan Ashley, March 2014.
Coble. Wrestling Ryan Ashley. Ed. Ryan Ashley. Spring Hope: Ryan Ashley, March 2014.
Fila Official .
Myself. "Wrestling." Spring Hope, March 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- WWE's business focuses on professional wrestling, a simulated sport. It is currently the largest professional wrestling business in the world. The business previously existed as the Capitol Wrestling Corporation (CWC), which promoted under the banner of the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF), then the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), and later World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Since then the business has grown into three brands, RAW, Smack Down, and ECW. The McMahons keep this wrestling business in their family for fifty years, with the help of a few friends, which made this business what it is today.... [tags: wrestling, sports]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Sports go way back in time, longer than we have recorded. They have found evidence of people practicing swimming and archery in 6000 BC. That means that about 8000 years ago people were practicing swimming already. I never thought that sports were going to date to so far back. I had always thought that sports were something that has just started to come up in the past 1000 years. There is some stuff that goes even further than just 6000 BC, for example in 7000 BC they have found cave paintings of wrestlers surrounded by a crowd.... [tags: sports, wrestling, games, same]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Professional Wrestling Proposal Part I:Interest and Motivation The topic I have chosen to write about is the world of professional wrestling. There are many reasons as to why this subject has interested me. One major reason is that I grew up watching pro-wrestling on television. As a child, I was fascinated with the spectacle of the wrestling matches and wondered at the wrestlers themselves. At that age, I took wrestling for what it was. It was a full-contact gladiator sport filled with exaggerated and extravagant wrestlers, cocky commentators, and interesting "one-of-a kind" personalities which added up to a high entertainment value.... [tags: essays papers]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- The History and Future of the Olympics It is the year 2004, and everyone who is anyone in the world of athletics is headed to Athens, Greece. To some people Athens is just an ancient city where the myths of Hercules and Zeus were originated, but this year, it's not just an ancient city, it's a reunion of where sports began. Even thought they won't be played in the nude it will still be considered a reunion. That's right; the Olympics are headed back to their hometown of Athens, or at least it's close enough.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1938 words (5.5 pages)
- Barriers to Entry Because the profession world of Wrestling doesn’t have many characteristics that are hard to replicate the professional wrestling industry operates with medium to low barriers to entry ("(WWE) Economic Moat," 2014). However, while the barriers to entry may be low the cost of competing with the WWE. Besides costs a new professional wrestling company needs to be able to take on the WWE’s programming and beat their ratings. They need to be able to set themselves apart and not just be that other wrestling show.... [tags: World Wrestling Entertainment]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- This essay will discuss five significant developments in American History from discovery until 1877. They are as follows: The American Revolution (1775-1783), the signing of the Declaration of Independence (1776), the Ratification of the Constitution (1787), the Louisiana Purchase (1803), and the Civil War (1861-1865). Though American history has experienced many developments over the years, it is the firm belief of the author that these five developments were instrumental in propelling thirteen loosely associated colonies into the path of what would develop into the United States of America.... [tags: Revolution, Republic, Equality]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Most at times do not really realize how important history and its events greatly influence the way we live and what we do today. Every four years we celebrate the beginning of something that was brought up long ago, the Olympics. This great event in which, now the whole world participates in started way back in the year 776 BC. It started from people playing for the God Zeus to people playing for their country and a medal, the Olympic Games sure did evolve as the time and beliefs changed. How the Olympic Games arose was a very important part of Greek history.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games, Athens]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Since its creation in 1980, World Wrestling Entertainment has been determined to shine a spotlight on the sport of professional wrestling. Delivering up to eight hours of weekly programing and their own subscription-based online library, consumers are able to receive as much content as they please. Although the WWE product as a whole is immensely popular, it does not go without fault. While other professional sports have succeeded in showcasing all genders and races in a positive light, the same can not always be said about WWE.... [tags: World Wrestling Entertainment]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- The Future is Wild: A Natural History of the Future The Future is Wild is a very interesting book as it provides us with a peek into the planet earth 200 million years from now. However, the most fascinating aspect of this book is how the authors rely on the knowledge of the past to build the image of the future. This logical linkage between the known past and the mysterious future takes our imagination to its limit, and yet does not cross the limits of our reasoning and logic. The book begins by explaining briefly the history of the planet earth and the frequent patterns of evolution in order to set up the readers’ minds, and then it jumps smoothly five, a hundred, and two hundred million... [tags: The Future is Wild Book Review]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Pro Wrestling Bret Hart: Wrestling with Shadows Written and Produced by Biography Special Interview 15 December, 1997 Unreal Story of Professional Wrestling Narr. Steve Allen Written and Produced by A&E Special Documentary A&E New York, New York 1 March, 1998 WCW/nWo: Sting Unmasked Narr. Toni Shiavone Written by Eric Bischoff, Produced by Turner Broadcasting Co. Special Interview, Turner Entertainment Atlanta, Georgia 5 May 1998 Nagurski, B.... [tags: Wrestling Sports Entertainment Essays]
3976 words (11.4 pages)