The context is useful for my case study paper because it can help me to figure out the past environment in the region.
The context describes several existed issues such as air and water issues in the Peace River region. Because the Peace River Country is located at the northwestern Alberta, it has an abundant oil and gas resources. With the fast development of oil and gas, the local air quality is rapidly declining and will directly affect human health because the fumes and dust which is created by the flaring process will result in various diseases. Identically, when the waste gases are released by industries enter the water system, the water will get polluted. Moreover, The water in the Peace region is scarce because it ...
... middle of paper ...
...reatly in fertility and has a good drainage to grow crops. The Peace River region has a good agriculture practice especially for the irrigation because it is close to the Peace River and have amounts of water resources. However, there is a series of problems that they are facing to like the agriculture output is small until the transportation services, mainly the railway, have come close to the farmer. The settlement of the Peace River Country has pushed far beyond the railway, or even dirty highways. Moreover, there are some other factor could affect the agriculture production in the region such as the air pollution which is lead by the development of tar sand (Dawson. 1934. p. 72).
This content can help me to analysis the historic food production practices and settlement in the last century and can compare with the present agriculture development in my paper.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Views of Heaven in From the Fifteenth District Mavis Gallant presents us with a disconcerting view of death in the short story "From the Fifteenth District," where dying is not a salvation from the pains of life but where the dead are forced to suffer eternally. In this story, the author sets out three distinct cases of 'haunting,' except that these hauntings are reported by the dead about the living. Major E. Travella, killed during World War I, is angry that he is being exploited by the church and the public.... [tags: Fifteenth District]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- For centuries, people all over the world have sought the idea of everlasting global peace. The basic framework of this idea was given by Immanuel Kant in his 1795 essay “On Perpetual Peace”. In his work, he wrote that peace is not natural to human beings and that is why, governments representing societies and power, through the use of politics have to secure the condition of peace. Immanuel Kant’s essay “On Perpetual Peace” has given the starting point from which “Democratic Peace Theory” originates.... [tags: Global Peace, Kant, Perpetual Peace]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Lunges and squats are often referred to as the masters of lower body exercises. In addition to your legs, theses functional, compound exercises also work your buttocks. However, poor form, a muscle imbalance, the consistent overload on your knees, and the repetitive motion, can make these exercises wreak havoc on your knees. (See References 1) Not to fear, you can still strengthen and shape your glutes with do-able, effective exercise that are easy on your knees. Squeeze Your Tush Butt squeezes don't require fancy equipment, and are discreet, so they can be done pretty much anywhere, whether you're watching TV, or waiting in line in the grocery store.... [tags: glutes, lower body, squats]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- ZHUOJUN LIU ENG-W350 NOV/29/2015 What is the metaphor of “District 9” The movie “District 9” was filmed in South Africa. In 1981, a spaceship unexpected accident to be a kay element to change the earth and mankind’s fate of further. Subsequently, bizarre aliens came to Earth, the Earth has been officially proclaimed as a universe of life itself unique day completely finished. Human have no idea aliens came to earth with what kind of purpose, human has a negative attitude for the arrived of aliens, and let them feel deeply fear.... [tags: South Africa, Racial segregation, District 9]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- In the case of Mountain School District, there is a clear hierarchical structure in place. Curriculum and reporting guidelines are established externally through the Ministry of Education. However, it is up to local school districts to develop a program that meets both these guidelines and the needs of the community. The school district operates schools under its umbrella and works with parent stakeholders to receive feedback. At the school level, School A has an administrator who manages daily operations including the teaching staff.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Staff, School district]
1953 words (5.6 pages)
- Part 1: School and District Background Information The Conval School District became what it is today in 1988 (Appendix E). Conval has gone through a number of changes throughout the years. The region started with each town having individual schools representing kindergarten through high school. In approximately 1971 members of the Antrim school board explored whether to combine Antrim with the neighboring Hillsborough-Deering School District or the Peterborough School District. Members of the Antrim school board favored the Peterborough School district and eventually voted unanimously to consolidate with Peterborough.... [tags: High school, College, School district, School]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Criterion Narrative I. Responsibility and Authority Ongoing oversight of all educator preparation programs offered by the Burton School District is two-fold. First, the Coordinator of Mentor and Induction for New Teachers, Dana Stinson, will oversee the general education program. Second, the Executive Director of Human Resources, Debbie Estrada, will oversee the Mentor and Induction for New Teachers program, and report directly to the Superintendent, Dr. Sharon Kamberg. The Coordinator of Mentor and Induction for New Teachers will oversee and facilitate district programs related to preparing teachers for credentialing.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School district, School]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- A Separate Peace - Friendship We have all experienced friendship in our lives; some of these bonds were lasting and others were not. A Separate Peace is a book that deals with the friendship of high school boys. These boys attend an all-boy’s school called Devon School. It is said that: "Devon is sometimes considered the most beautiful school in New England." "Devon was both scholarly and very athletic." Devon is where Gene Forrester, Phineas (Finny) and Elwin (Leper) Lepellier attend school. Author John Knowles sets the story during World War II. This time period makes the boys have to think about which branch of the military they want to enlist in.... [tags: A Separate Peace Essays]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- World War II, the major historical event during the life of John Knowles, the author of A Separate Peace, started in 1939. Germany instigated the war, and shortly afterward was joined by Japan and Italy. America, however, fought on the side of The Allies, England and France. Although the United States was still recovering from the Great Depression, it entered the war after the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. The military drafted men into the war, and women took their places in the work force, people abandoned the old way of life and looked forward to a new one.... [tags: A Separate Peace Essays]
2067 words (5.9 pages)
- Tolstoy's War and Peace Summary War and Peace tells the story of the Rostovs, an upper-class family in Russia, and several people associated with them. It follows the characters through fifteen years during the Napoleonic Wars, from 1805 to 1820. It gives a fictional description of the events in the life of the Rostov family as well as some of the historical events of the time. Analysis Tolstoy is regarded by some as the greatest writer about war (Bayley 16). He includes details in the military scenes of War and Peace.... [tags: Tolstoy War Peace Essays]
933 words (2.7 pages)