The Above AveRich sound is a stewpot of rich and meaningful lyrics seasoned with uplift and inspiration blended with lively percussion, warm synths, and intricate piano melodies accompanied by horn and vocal samples. The recording sessions occurred initially in a small setup of a recording microphone, keyboard, and an Apple laptop in the Dixon Hall dorm room of Angelo Martez. Later, recording sessions would occur in the more efficient recording studio of Jackson State University (JSU) using state of the art recording equipment. AA would also later develop as a record company organization and migrate to Mississippi where I (JoVantreis Tolliver) would join the team as one of the founders.
AA’s purpose is to create good authentic music with a custom sound that will promote the brand name. The foundation is uniquely based on the inspirations and influential musicians and artists throughout history who have paved the way and even sparked the zeal to pursue music. Additionally, we aim to maintain and grow our fan base while receiving continuous support through promotions that will boost relevance, popularity, and consistence.
The system that I have chosen t...
... middle of paper ...
...ds, “A coach may be a sounding board, asking questions and directing conversations through a process whereby the individual can learn to self-assess and work through thought processes and obstacles.” This could not have been done by me if I had not exhibited effective use of self and being more assertive and objective.
Developing a flexible schedule and allotting times for recording has to be established. If there is excitement around an idea, it must be vocalized and recorded in its rawest form. As opposed to retreating to forms of resistance (confluence and deflection) we both realized the importance of being objective in establishing deadlines. Additionally, setting polarities was extremely helpful in managing balance of decisions.
Anderson, D, 2012. Organization Development: The Process of Leading Organizational Change (2ed), Sage Publications
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Battle of the Sexes “Gendered social arrangements are justified by religion and cultural productions and backed by law, but the most powerful means of sustaining the moral hegemony of the dominant gender ideology is that the process is made invisible; any possible alternatives are virtually unthinkable” (Lorber 41). This quote from Lober’s article “Night to His Day” shows a small glimmer of the confusion that surrounds the idea of gender. The familiar routine of gender is one that is easily taken for granted, although its impact has potential to change the lives of individuals, as well as society as a whole.... [tags: Gender role, Gender, Transgender, Woman]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- Did you ever think about data security. When you surfing the internet, people look at the thing that you are watching without your permission. People get your personal secret information through the operating system in your device. People getting know your communication with others. And all these things happen, you even you don’t know it. Can you stand it. What do you feel if those happen to you. Here is an article talking about should Apple comply with the court’s order or not, Apple should not be above the law, by Richard Burr.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, SIM lock]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Modern Productions of 18th Century Plays Abatract: This essay discusses the modern-day production of the main British plays of the eighteenth century that are still performed today, including John Gay’s The Beggar’s Opera, William Wycherley’s The Country Wife, George Etherege’s The Man of Mode, William Congreve’s The Way of the World, Richard Steele’s The Conscious Lovers, and Richard Brinsley Sheridan’s The School for Scandal. Plays of Eighteenth century British literature have withstood the test of time in many ways.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1851 words (5.3 pages)
- Political Rap and Boogie Down Productions In the fall of 1987, Scott la Rock, the DJ of the rap group Boogie Down Productions (B-D-P) was shot in a car after trying to break up a fight (Small 77). In light of B-D-P's role in reforming rap in the succeeding years, his biography is significant; he was college educated and was employed--in addition to his musical activity--as a social worker. He had released a groundbreaking record that year, and had already worked on a follow-up, which would defy older categories of rap music.... [tags: Rap Music B-D-P Essays]
4088 words (11.7 pages)
- Since the beginning of all ages humanity was walking on the path of evolution and rising above the climates. It all started by the desire of knowing the unknown, the hidden wisdom, the reason why we were brought to this cosmic structure called life, the desire of finding answers and curiosity was and still the first motive. Through ages humanity achieved a lot and as there 's more that was gained a lot of issues were created, preventing us to finish our road on the path of evolution. Inspiration, thoughts, and actions are the three factors of achieving the goal.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Human, Psychology]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- In a study, researchers found that African-American students who were identified by their race scored significantly lower than those African- American students who were not asked to identify their race (Elrich 1994). In another study, women taking a test of math ability were randomly divided into three groups. There was also a math test in which a group of women took. These women were split up in to three different names: women, citizens of the northeast, and private school students. The women who were listed under the name “private school students” scored better than any of the other women taking the test.... [tags: Effects of Discrimination]
1863 words (5.3 pages)
- Any production line involves some form of inspection; the most basic form is manual visual inspection. This kind of inspection is not always the least expensive or the most reliable. For example, metal sheets are monitored visually by trained personnel, which require a very slow production line for reliable detection and to insure the inspector’s safety. Such systems are very costly due to the slower production speed; they are also labor intensive and labor dependent and need to be a separate stage to avoid production line interruptions.... [tags: Production]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- GIS: A Step Above Urban growth in the suburbs and maintaining what is already built is one problem facing the United States today. One difficulty in regional planning is the visualization of the area in question. Finding the problem areas, addressing all the issues involved, and discovering the best way to implement changes can create challenges for those in charge. A technology that is growing to accommodate the various areas of study which helps address these issues is Geographical Information Systems (GIS).... [tags: Business Essays]
1929 words (5.5 pages)
- The Significance of Language in Dramatic Productions The significance of language in any dramatic production, or indeed any piece of performance art, be it song, poetry or whatever, is undoubtedly of great importance, as it is not only the medium through which ideas, thoughts, emotions etc. are communicated, but also sets the scene in regards to style, feeling, mood and tone, an understanding of which ought to lead to greater appreciation of the work in question.... [tags: Papers]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Acme Productions is one of the largest independent, full service television and video production companies in the country. Acme Productions was founded in 1981 and originally headquartered in Northern Virginia until 1991 when it expanded to a custom designed building for television production located in Washington D.C. With a full time professional staff of over 70 employees, Acme Productions has grown over 220% since the recruitment of a new President & COO in 1998, but in recent years their growth become unstable and profitability figures have started to decline (See Exhibit 1).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
4282 words (12.2 pages)