My life goals aren’t very specific at this point in my life, it’s possible that they may never be. I have so many things I’d like to accomplish in my lifetime, but I don’t know if I would consider them life goals. The ideas I do acknowledge as my life goals at the moment are wanting to make a difference in the world, or at least my undetermined field of work, and sharing my learned knowledge and experience with others. I may not know what life will throw at me, but I plan on making a difference somehow. While it may be somewhat unachievable to make an immensely important discovery, it’s something I’ve looked forward to and wanted to do from a very young age. The other life goal would be sharing my knowledge and experience with others to benefit them and the world around us. Learning is a huge part of life, and to me it is most, if not all, of life. I think it’s important to learn from others and to teach other people. I’d like to have part of my life to be about doing just that.
Higher education is a much needed component to achieving my life goals. Going to college, ...
... middle of paper ...
...ces, and time are constricting factors of getting an enriching college experience.
In conclusion, I believe that higher education is an essential part of accomplishing life goals. There are strengths and weaknesses of attempting higher education; strengths outweighing the weaknesses in my opinion. Higher education can help you gain experience, knowledge, contacts, and resources you could not have access to without attending college or another form of it. For me, I will definitely be pursuing a higher education as I feel it is necessary for achieving my life goals. Ivy Tech is a step I’m taking in the adventure of completing my said goals, and I hope to be able to attend Ivy Tech when I start college as a full time college student. College, and higher education in general, is a significant part of a person’s life that should be embraced and explored to its extent.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ndela. More than ever before, individuals are encouraged to attain a postsecondary education as the value of knowledge has increased. Students are pushed to increase their human capital and to expand their education in order to become active members of society. In essence, education is a necessary part of life that will provide many benefits to everyone in the future. However, a college education is costly and many students struggle to pay off tuition. In consequence, students graduate, but their world soon becomes a nightmare.... [tags: University, Higher education, Academic degree]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Many could say the main reason of higher education is to just get a degree. After high school, you go to college and get a degree. That is how it has always been, and seems to be the main focus of some, but there is so much more to college than just getting a degree. Higher education should make each individual a well-rounded student. It should take aspects of different types of learning and combine them into a plan to benefit the student. The student should be able to finish college, with their degree and with other skills that benefit them.... [tags: Learning, Higher education, Skill, Education]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Many people believe that higher education is necessary to be successful in one’s career. If this is true, why has college tuition risen to extreme costs. If a higher education is so essential, why not make it more accessible to students. Though there are plenty of scholarships available to pupils seeking a higher education, they often have near impossible standards. Along with limited scholarships and tuition skyrocketing, the average cost of living in a college environment has also risen. With the addition of luxury dorms and dining plans, the college experience comes with a substantial cost.... [tags: Higher education, College, University, Dormitory]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- As Sir Francis Bacon once said, knowledge is power. To an extent, Bacon is still correct. However, time has progressed and populations have evolved since his days. Over the years, viewpoints toward particular topics have changed drastically. One of these changed views is higher education. It used to be that students would head off to college simply because they wanted to learn more. These days, this is not always true. Students have many, arguably more important, reasons to spend a great deal of time and money in order to earn a degree.... [tags: Higher education, University, High school]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Higher Education in the Great U.S.A Over the last few decades the amount of people that receive some type of higher education, whether it is from a technical school, community college, or a four-year university, has increased dramatically. Along with the increase of enrollment the price to attend some kind of institution of higher learning has gone up. As a student currently attending community college to lessen the amount of student loans I will accrue, price was one of the major determining factors in my decision to come back for my degree.... [tags: Higher education, University, Academic degree]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Emphasis on higher education As undocumented Latinx students develop a sense of what their future looks like, they explore the idea of attending college. It is not until those final years of high school, however, where they realized that their dreams are capped due to their undocumented status. Students who are tracked very low are “diverted from higher education” (Harklau, 2013, p. 2). They are expected to do the jobs others don’t want to do. They are fed the idea of capitalism; that there have to be low-level workers in the world and that all work is noble.... [tags: Education, Higher education, High school, School]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- The American higher education system has failed financially. Tuition rates are too high and loan terms are out of control. The cost of higher education shouldn’t be charged to the student if it should be charged at all. Society should be creating opportunities for people easily attain higher education goals, but the cost of good education is higher than it returns to the student in terms of time and money. Americans must ask “Is higher education cultivating the next financial bubble?” (Business2Learn, (Firm) and Group.) American students and graduates are taking a lifetime 's worth of debt just to obtain a higher education.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Debt]
712 words (2 pages)
- The level of unemployment has risen dramatically in the past years and something that can correlate with that unemployment rate is the lack of higher education. I could sit here all day and give you sob stories of people who would rather get government handouts then get up and find a job. Then there are our veterans who valiantly serve this country. Men and women who had no problem dying for their country if that’s what it came down to, they come back with hardly any marketable skills due to the fact that most enlist at the age of eighteen these people regrettably tend to fall below the poverty line due to unemployment.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College, Debt]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- College education is perhaps the most important part that any person can have in their life. Studies show that college education is necessary because when people get higher education there is a great chance that those people will be successful in life and many employers prefer to hire applicants who hold college degrees. The purpose of having college education is to give people unlimited opportunities to get in a job like high salaries and better life skills. People who don’t have college education have tons of limited options when looking for a job.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Higher Education is american dream, college is educational environment, to explore option,to be knowledgeable, educated, to changed our life, to get the job of your dream, study what you love, to grow and learn. Education help you reach your goal.help you change your life, changed your community and your country.Higher Education is very important, gives you opportunity to learn, gives you multiple point of view that you don 't see outside the school. Education is essential to our society we need that higher thinking.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, Education]
1297 words (3.7 pages)